NIKE KOBE VI PROTRO - 2021

Just in from Nike raffle , beautiful shoe
271EF3E0-3F2A-4625-851E-207844414856.jpeg

I know it’s difficult but no one should be paying any higher for resale than it was before this news. This is as scummy as the jump when he died. **** these pieces of ****.
death merchants i tell ya but its a free market. someone will eventually pay for it.

when the mamba 8/24 jerseys sold out and started reselling within minutes, i knew nike did not GAF about kobe or his fans. its about the machine and keeping the hype at an all time high.

im old, the sneaker game passed me by, but i did buy some recent protros at (stupid) resale prices and still have a few OG pairs. sucks but im glad vanessa is a G and will handle her business, wishing her the best outcome.

“The filings would suggest Vanessa [Bryant] is building an IP portfolio for a new brand launch,” Gerben told CNBC.
Some of the latest filings include trademark applications for the following: Play Gigi’s Way, Mamba and Mambacita, Baby Mambas and Mamba League. Gianna, or “Gigi,” was the name of Bryant’s daughter who died in the tragic Jan. 26, 2020 crash. Her nickname was Mambacita.
A spokesperson for the estate did not respond to CNBC’s request for comment.
The filings show that the trademarks are intended to be used for everything from clothing, gym wear, loungewear and footwear. Gerben said these were filed under “intent to use,” which usually means an underlying business may be being planned.

I don' t think it's fair to compare sales for the Protos before his death to now. We all know that shoes that were sitting get hyped and start selling and garner stupid resell prices.

We also know that outside of paying the estate, Nike isn't spending any money to develop Protros. (No, adding or subtracting a Zoom bag doesn't cost much) Like AF1s, Jordan Retroes, and other retros, this is pure profit. Add in the number of current NBA players wearing them, the shoe sells itself. Everything doesn't have to sell out. LeBron's certainly don't. Outside of limited edition pairs, no Nike basketball sneaker does.

Is this a business? Of course, but it was a business when they let Steph and Harden go to. Bet someone had to answer for those decisions.

And yes Khufu, I'm disappointed by this news. The name of the site is Niketalk, which indicates that most of care (perhaps a bit too much) about Nike (and other) shoes.
This right here.

Nike never released anything correctly since the accident. Pull the plug, either way I’m not getting them. Won’t do anything but try on snkrs and I’m not paying resale

Kobe line is finished. Best chance is Nike releases without his name attached but considering he’s dead doubt they go there. Sucks.

Anyone know how I can restore these?

20210420_104520.jpg
20210420_104512.jpg
20210420_104502.jpg

Angelos or sole cleaner it should be on Amazon for no more then $15. Then when you get it clean them with your best cleaner. Then apply angelos sole cleaner and then wrap them in plastic wrap and Put them under a Uv light for a couple of hours or put them in the sun for 2 hours a time and then clean and try again the next day to you’re satisfied.

Kobe line is finished. Best chance is Nike releases without his name attached but considering he’s dead doubt they go there. Sucks.
I doubt Nike would go there. It would be pure money grab at that point since his estate wouldn't receive a single penny from those rebranded models. And from a fan standpoint, I wouldn't want it with a swoosh sign instead of the kobe sheath logo.

I doubt Nike would go there. It would be pure money grab at that point since his estate wouldn't receive a single penny from those rebranded models. And from a fan standpoint, I wouldn't want it with a swoosh sign instead of the kobe sheath logo.

I’ll take them with or without. The shoe itself is what defines them not the signature or shealth.

when the mamba 8/24 jerseys sold out and started reselling within minutes, i knew nike did not GAF about kobe or his fans. its about the machine and keeping the hype at an all time high.

im old, the sneaker game passed me by, but i did buy some recent protros at (stupid) resale prices and still have a few OG pairs. sucks but im glad vanessa is a G and will handle her business, wishing her the best outcome.

but those same jerseys came out months earlier in either #8 or #24 and were easy to get.

How many of you cared so much about those jerseys then?

So fans are never going to be happy.

They shouldn't be working to please the same fans that would let a sneaker go on sale for $99 and then turn around and buy it for $400.

but those same jerseys came out months earlier in either #8 or #24 and were easy to get.

They shouldn't be working to please the same fans that would let a sneaker go on sale for $99 and then turn around and buy it for $400.
Facts, we had Kobe jerseys for about $25 IIRC clearanced out in our outlets when he was retiring or just about that time.... His shoes always sat as well....

a legend and cultural icon shockingly died, they released the jersey after he died...you gonna say too bad you should have bought something to remember him by while he was alive?

man get lost

Facts, we had Kobe jerseys for about $25 IIRC clearanced out in our outlets when he was retiring or just about that time.... His shoes always sat as well....

he had tons of crappy shoes that sat , i never saw proto 1, 4, 5, 6 or preludes anywhere in outlets. i know 1s popped up a bunch but they weren't easy to get, shoot i tried.

a legend and cultural icon shockingly died, they released the jersey after he died...you gonna say too bad you should have bought something to remember him by while he was alive?

man get lost

:lol:

Said like someone who loved Kobe, the Lakers and his line so much they didn't buy anything while he was alive.

Now suddenly you want it. You're part of the problem.

he had tons of crappy shoes that sat , i never saw proto 1, 4, 5, 6 or preludes anywhere in outlets. i know 1s popped up a bunch but they weren't easy to get, shoot i tried.
Are you LA? if not then i understand why they were deemed not easy to get.

here we were flooded with that. 81 points/All stars etc all at like 69/89 can’t remember and then 20% or 30% off at times and we’re still sitting in FSR’s.
4’s were here too but those were full MSRP for a while, i don’t think they sent those to outlets because of the tech mishap and not no one wanting them more so

I do regret not getting the 81’s but i did cop the “Final seconds” joints

:lol:

Said like someone who loved Kobe, the Lakers and his line so much they didn't buy anything while he was alive.

Now suddenly you want it. You're part of the problem.

nah you just love being a gatekeeper.

i got plenty of kobe gear, hoodies, jerseys, shoes back from the ZK1. i'll send you some pics if youd like, maybe ill even write you a card. none of that changes that his death hit ppl hard and ppl wanted to find ways to remember him and find comfort

but you do you magic johnson

It is crazy kobe 6 all stars were 260 tops last week and now prices double, since Vanessa didn't renew the contract with Nike. Even kobe 6 grinch jump to $250-$300 dollar more. Best price I have seen in stockX for $679/

Back
Top Bottom