NIKE KOBE VI PROTRO - 2021

6EF550DD-6F56-483B-9170-A03F16A32881.jpeg
3C4E4295-D5E4-4C16-A7D3-541932AD8422.jpeg

This was at Niketown in MN in 5-24-11

ya but they're not kobe's :wink:
I’ve been hooping in my newly acquired GT cuts for about a month, hit a slight shooting slump one night and decided to switch back to my protro 6s in hopes that the mamba mentality would do it’s placebo effect and fix my shot.
I still think the cuts are the superior shoe, but the power of a signature shoe is undeniable.

Not really. Freak 3 is good, kd14 and kyrie 8 are great, Jordan 36 is great, lebron sucks, gt cut and jump are good/great, pg5 is good…
I’m speaking from a design standpoint, they’re all forgettable. I’m sure you can get a generic pair of basketball shoes from Kohls and it’ll perform just fine.

I’ve been hooping in my newly acquired GT cuts for about a month, hit a slight shooting slump one night and decided to switch back to my protro 6s in hopes that the mamba mentality would do it’s placebo effect and fix my shot.
I still think the cuts are the superior shoe, but the power of a signature shoe is undeniable.

i would be happy with the GT cut if they were available at least at retail (like the other user pointed out) since they remind me of kobe's.

GT Cuts are so dope man. Really reminds me of the Kobe silhouette. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that design was meant for the next Kobe performance line, but got moved to the GT line after Kobe's contract wasn't renewed. It's like an upgraded Kobe 360 NXT - which I enjoy very much.

The GT Cuts are such an anomaly. They’re the only basketball shoes that sell out nowadays, they resell for over retail, and they’re not even a signature shoe

Nike could be slick about it drop some classic kobe colorways on the other models. Sort of like what puma did with the Rick and Morty's lol.

Not really. Freak 3 is good, kd14 and kyrie 8 are great, Jordan 36 is great, lebron sucks, gt cut and jump are good/great, pg5 is good…
Nah. You can’t be serious saying any of those shoes look better than the Kobe’s. Not only that, but the performance isn’t there either.

Kobe’s will always be the greatest performing shoe line. No signature line has consistently put out shoes that perform and have great designs like the Kobe line. I’d go as far to say the HYPERDUNK is even better than all those trash a** signatures.

KD 4 and PG 1 were the only ”decent” sneakers from the other signature lines.

Nah. You can’t be serious saying any of those shoes look better than the Kobe’s. Not only that, but the performance isn’t there either.

Kobe’s will always be the greatest performing shoe line. No signature line has consistently put out shoes that perform and have great designs like the Kobe line. I’d go as far to say the HYPERDUNK is even better than all those trash a** signatures.

First - where did I say anything about looks? He said the current line is trash - I said it isn’t. I named off many good/great performers. If your want looks go get a Jordan retro or an adidas forum. Have you worn the kd12/13/14? Jordan 34/36? Pg3? GT Cut?

And let me get this straight - these are the same Kobe’s Nike couldn’t sell out, that were hitting outlets for less than half price, for the two years from the first protro until his death. Only reason so many are being worn now is because he died.

I agree - his shoes are great, some of the best performers ever (the 1, 4, 6 are all in my top 10 all time), but to say everything today is trash is wrong.

Last edited:
KD 4’s were mad uncomfortable lowkey. You could barely feel the zoom and they were narrow as hell. (Had the silver/yellow pair and i hoop in my Yeezy & USA pairs) PG 1 you had to SQUEEZE your foot into and the breathability was horrible.

Ironically these are the most hyped models from their lines respectively

Every shoe has their flaws.

The KD 9 for me was the best KD to hoop in. I’m so mad they couldn’t get that tiny piece that connected the air bags to stop breaking and popping the air bags.

Nike keeps retroing the uptempos and Barkleys and a bunch of super old basketball shoes that they done over and over again. I need the Zoom BB 1 and 2 again, Zoom Flight 2k3, Zoom Turbine and Zoom Ultraflights

Back
Top Bottom