NIKE KOBE VI PROTRO - 2021

Nice customs overall! I'm just not feeling giant '12' though... a smaller number near the heal counter would have looked much better imo. Nonetheless, these worked out well for Ja's big game last night 🔥

Out of these 2 OG 6's, which pair would you prefer? Got the chance to get either pair in VNDS for significantly below market value. Love both, whilst researching I found Kobe wore the Purple Gradients during his NBA tenure and the Blue Camo whilst on Tour in the Philippines. I'm currently leaning more towards the Blue Camo version...

Bildschirmfoto 2022-03-06 um 18.26.40.png
Bildschirmfoto 2022-03-06 um 18.26.25.png

KB6 Gradient.jpeg z-e1310608058704.jpeg

Out of these 2 OG 6's, which pair would you prefer? Got the chance to get either pair in VNDS for significantly below market value. Love both, whilst researching I found Kobe wore the Purple Gradients during his NBA tenure and the Blue Camo whilst on Tour in the Philippines. I'm currently leaning more towards the Blue Camo version...

I'd go with the purple gradients since team-based colors are my jam. They're definitely the more boring one out of the two though.
I'd say get the one that matches what you plan on wearing most with them (sounds obvious but it's true).

Thanks for your input. Yeah it's a good argument, the Purple Gradients are a bit underrated in my opinion. Plain but a clean look. My main issue with this model, however, is the clear-silver heel tab which tends to yellow over time.

KB6 Gradient.jpeg z-e1310608058704.jpeg
I’ve owned the purple gradients, and I have to say to go with them. They don’t look as boring in hand, the purple pops a lot more. They’re more clean than the Blue Camo. The Blue Camo is kind of out there.

Latest pick-up: The Kobe VI OG 'Blue Camo' also known as the 'Avatar'. I first saw Saddiq Bey rockin' these and they immediately caught my eye. Initially thought they were a PE but after doing some research found out they were OG's.
Ended up choosing these VI's over the 'Purple Gradients' because of the excellent condition, the OG box and the great price. Not to mention being a sucker for volt and bright colorways, getting these beauties was a no brainer...

IMG_1830.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1833.jpg
    IMG_1833.jpg
    457.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1834.jpg
    IMG_1834.jpg
    329 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1829.jpg
    IMG_1829.jpg
    452 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1835.jpg
    IMG_1835.jpg
    385.8 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_1836.jpg
    IMG_1836.jpg
    344.3 KB · Views: 363
Thanks! Yeah they are super fresh and look better in person. Got a great deal on them too... would almost say 'steal' based on the prices I'm seeing online. 11 years old and still super rockable. Grip still bites hard and the Zoom Units are fully in tact so I'll definitely be hooping in these indoors in the days to come.

WTK Kobe 8's are sooooo sick bro. Prices are crazy though. Still don't own any 8's... it's so hard to find a pair in decent condition without paying crazy amounts. I've heard so much good things about the 8's and would certainly love to have a pair somewhere down the line....

Although Trae Young wore some Kobe VI in college, it's too bad he wears sorry a%$ Adidas in the NBA.
1647542216239.png

Thanks for clarifying that and correcting me like a couple of other peeps in a separate thread I also posted that in.

They looked like Kobe VI with Sooners colors to me.

I was never familiar with the AD versions because I stopped following the Kobe signature line after the XI when he retired in 2016.

This is exactly why I never liked when the NBA granted the liberty to players to wear whatever shoes they wanted during the last decade. I dread seeing divergent uniform and shoe colors. A Celtics green uniform with red-based shoes doesn't make sense nor does it look right. It would have only been right if the uniform code mandated predominantly green shoes with a Celtics uniform if they wanted to give players the freedom to be expressive because the archaic uniform code mandated either predominantly white or black shoes with some of the team colors on them.
1647888470706.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom