NIKE KOBE VI PROTRO - 2021

Shoes are a status symbol now, all thanks to social media telling you you gotta have it and stockx connecting the buyers and sellers together. Without social media stockx is nothing.

Add the fact that people can create programs to secure hundreds of pairs while sleeping thru their alarm doesn’t help any of us, and then you got retail employees backdooring pairs to make money making these raffles absolutely useless.

This can all be solved by making the shoes built to order. It doesn’t have to be Nikeid. You want some Jordan breds? Ok you’ll get them in 2 months.

Imagine if apple only sold the iPhone for 1 day and then never made any more?

Lionel Trains do the built-to-order thing. It works. In the end, what they do is offer their top-tier products as 'built to order' while still offering some top-tier retail. The mid and lower-level stuff (i.e. Thomas Tank, Disney, Polar Express) go normal retail.

And the top-tier stuff that is built to order does see 'resell' online like sneakers. Some only buy the 'built to order' stuff to make a profit online or at conventions/shows.

Shoes are a status symbol now, all thanks to social media telling you you gotta have it and stockx connecting the buyers and sellers together. Without social media stockx is nothing.

Add the fact that people can create programs to secure hundreds of pairs while sleeping thru their alarm doesn’t help any of us, and then you got retail employees backdooring pairs to make money making these raffles absolutely useless.

This can all be solved by making the shoes built to order. It doesn’t have to be Nikeid. You want some Jordan breds? Ok you’ll get them in 2 months.

Imagine if apple only sold the iPhone for 1 day and then never made any more?
This is true. There has always been a resell market, its just that now every release is super limited to go along with the hypebeast releases. Social media has added fuel to the fire sure. I do miss the days where you could just walk in a store and buy the shoes but those days have been gone since early 2000s. As mentioned earlier Nike can combat this with higher production numbers and/or Nike ID. I think they've gotten content with feeding into the "manufactured" hype and gotta have it now mentality until it started to affect their bottom line a bit. I dont understand why releases cant be like the wht cement 4s in 2016. They were a hyped shoe but they made enough pairs to satisfy the masses. I was able to buy two pairs a couple weeks apart....

Bro in line at the gift store was like I’ll give you 550 right now off your feet… said nahhhhhhhh
F5676FC8-3C2A-4D79-8A8C-D7AAB4A286A8.jpeg

Also social media is making resell the “It” thing to do. People are looking to resell literally everything like look at the gaming consoles. Since when was it ever this difficult to get a gaming system. It’s a new wave of younger kids thts in the game now that want to be “sneaker heads” or “the shoe plug” now. I’ve witnessed cats standing inside footlocker grabbing random shoes checking stockx just to see if the shoe had resale value.

This is true. There has always been a resell market, its just that now every release is super limited to go along with the hypebeast releases. Social media has added fuel to the fire sure. I do miss the days where you could just walk in a store and buy the shoes but those days have been gone since early 2000s. As mentioned earlier Nike can combat this with higher production numbers and/or Nike ID. I think they've gotten content with feeding into the "manufactured" hype and gotta have it now mentality until it started to affect their bottom line a bit. I dont understand why releases cant be like the wht cement 4s in 2016. They were a hyped shoe but they made enough pairs to satisfy the masses. I was able to buy two pairs a couple weeks apart....

Agree with most of this, but let’s face it, the only reason Kobes resell for what they do is because of his passing. This was the only signature line that wouldn’t sell out at release. Except for maybe Grinches and other special releases, most GRs were obtainable. Even in SoCal there were people picking up Chaos Vs a couple days after they released. Still, Nike is not without blame. They have failed to adjust to the “demand.” Maybe future releases will have higher production numbers.

I wish Nike would test out an 'all sales final' pre-order for a hyped Kobe colorway.

I liked that ALD did a pre-order run for their 1300s. I think I waited like 6 months for them to finally arrive.
I honestly didn't mind waiting that long knowing I was going to get them eventually. Although there were some who got screwed and ALD told them they weren't able to fulfill the order months into the wait, the majority of people got their orders.
The people who want them got them; there is little to no resale value; ALD and New Balance didn't have to worry about any extra inventory just sitting on shelves.

I wish Nike would test out an 'all sales final' pre-order for a hyped Kobe colorway.

I liked that ALD did a pre-order run for their 1300s. I think I waited like 6 months for them to finally arrive.
I honestly didn't mind waiting that long knowing I was going to get them eventually. Although there were some who got screwed and ALD told them they weren't able to fulfill the order months into the wait, the majority of people got their orders.
The people who want them got them; there is little to no resale value; ALD and New Balance didn't have to worry about any extra inventory just sitting on shelves.

They probably preordered a few thousand, versus the hundreds of thousands you guys want. Far different.

Not sure if you were around for the Kobe ID days for limited drops. When they had it open for hours or until supply was fulfilled. People still complained, site had problems and people missed out. And the market is far different now. How many people are wanting to buy Kobe's now that never had a Kobe before. You were a big Kobe fan, but you never got a Kobe before he died?

The truth is that if Kobe's were easy to get. How many people would want them? Besides the diehards and basketball players. Because they were easy to get prior to him passing. Just like Lebron retroes now. Nike knows this and has to balance it.

They probably preordered a few thousand, versus the hundreds of thousands you guys want. Far different.

Not sure if you were around for the Kobe ID days for limited drops. When they had it open for hours or until supply was fulfilled. People still complained, site had problems and people missed out. And the market is far different now. How many people are wanting to buy Kobe's now that never had a Kobe before. You were a big Kobe fan, but you never got a Kobe before he died?

The truth is that if Kobe's were easy to get. How many people would want them? Besides the diehards and basketball players. Because they were easy to get prior to him passing. Just like Lebron retroes now. Nike knows this and has to balance it.

Nike can open the shoe for preorders for a few days and fulfill all of them if they wanted to. It's just a matter of waiting. The problem is that a lot of people don't want to wait 6+ months for a pair of shoes.

Nike can open the shoe for preorders for a few days and fulfill all of them if they wanted to. It's just a matter of waiting. The problem is that a lot of people don't want to wait 6+ months for a pair of shoes.

it doesn't take 6 months to make a pair of shoes, give me a break.

the materials they source are used across their lineup from casual shoes to basketball. they could do it, but they rather play this hype nonsense.

let's see what happens with the kobe line but i'm not holding my breath for availability.

I think 6 months was more of a safe window to have all of production complete and have them all shipped from overseas.

Someone who is into sneakers in 2022 has to deal with...
-bots/impossible odds
-resale price gouging
-fakes
-thieves stealing packages

Buying Nikes is going to be right up there with tax audits and root canals. Might not seem like it, but eventually, people will move on. They always do.

Yea if one’s gotta go, it has to be stockx. Their standard is lower than dirt, charges these extra unnecessary fees, probably manipulates their data also.

Really don't believe the chatter that some of ya'll want StockX to go under. True there's plenty of other platforms but most all of them follow the same authentication processes. Can't show energy on one and then not put others under the same microscope.

While I have used stockx in the past, it’s only been to get kicks not available in my country and they were well under retail even with the fees. I rather not get a pair of kicks than buy from that platform.

That’s just me though

Looks like these are settling in closer to the $900 price point. Definitely won’t end up in my collection, but I’m hoping my ole lady comes through with the my birthday request for the PJ Tuckers.

Really don't believe the chatter that some of ya'll want StockX to go under. True there's plenty of other platforms but most all of them follow the same authentication processes. Can't show energy on one and then not put others under the same microscope.
Need StockX & GOAT to both go.

StockX for all those damn fees.
GOAT because i refuse to believe them partnering with FTL has lead to some backdoor-ing. Even though they are better imo

Back
Top Bottom