NIKE KOBE VI PROTRO - 2021

Dang, I pump faked my brother really well. I wrapped up and gave him those white/metallic gold AJ1 Mids. He told me he liked them (he wears Mids to work) so I told him beforehand I’d try to win a pair for him. He saw me get the phone call for them from the Shoe Palace raffle so it was not a surprise. He ended up winning a pair himself so he wasn’t overly excited for the double up but still fairly happy (he could mix/match to get a decent pair, and sell the double to buy something else).

Then I said, “Orrrrrr you can trade them for these if you prefer” and gave him the Kobes. After a few confused seconds he realized what they were, and straight tossed those Mids aside to grab the Kobes. We’re grown men and he is rarely emotional, but tonight he got a bit emotional over it. Hell, I’m getting a bit emotional thinking about it. It has been such a rough year for most people, so I’m extremely happy I could help him end it on a high note. 🙏🏼

Last edited:
Dang, I pump faked my brother really well. I wrapped up and gave him those white/metallic gold AJ1 Mids. He told me he liked them (he wears Mids to work) so when he opened them he was fairly happy but not surprised. He saw me win them in his size from a Shoe Palace raffle so it was not a surprise.

Then I said, “Orrrrrr you can trade them for these if you prefer” and gave him the Kobes. After a few confused seconds he realized what they were, and straight tossed those Mids aside to grab the Kobes. We’re grown men and he is rarely emotional, but tonight he got a bit emotional over it. Hell, I’m getting a bit emotional thinking about it. It had been such a crappy year for most people, so I’m so damn happy I could help him end it on a high note. 🙏🏼
You da real MVP bro

D0AABA91-D256-4CB9-AB49-5449F294BE24.jpeg
F37BBE65-39C7-4317-8068-3EB834C32F44.jpeg
8FB1763B-7D22-4780-870D-67C3350DB187.jpeg

For Christmas Eve today. Merry Christmas everyone !

Agreed. However there are always exceptions to this, some shoes will never be cheaper than they are before release and or just after it. Depending on stock level and wearability. Like another poster said, these are not a highly wearable shoe for most ppl. However, its more than a shoe and a colorway. It's a piece of NBA history of a player near and dear to a lot of people's hearts. Bred 350's, Mocha 1's, they're just colorways. No history to them and no nostalgia.

So while the price on these is set to come down to an extent, it will surely stay pretty high and pretty consistent.
+1
I don't think Wearability, history and nostalgia have much to do with it. (IMHO I COULD BE WRONG).

You're right, some pairs may never come down to what they were before release...but that's usually your off white Chicago 1s, yeezy 2s etc etc.

Assuming that this pair is what nike considers to be a "general release", I don't think it falls into that category.

I don't know exactly how much the price will drop. 25 bucks? 100? Time will tell. But, the trend is, like you said, almost always the case.

Either way. No excuse by nike. This was a super anticipated release and during the Xmas season. There's absolutely no reason for nike to make any less than 500k pairs. "Anything less is uncivilized"

Assuming that the holiday 11s are in the 1m range, no reason why we didn't see 500k of these (in the US alone!)

Imo

Wow that was a lot of pages to go through since yesterday drop time. So many thoughts, but like most, I took an L. Wait to buy. Pairs aren’t even in hand yet and once Christmas passes/bills need to be paid/etc, these will definitely come down in price. I haven’t looked at the resell market since pre drop so idk but it sounds like price is already coming down.

Someone brought up yeezy quantum’s but I don’t think you can compare those to these. Not to mention, there was a restock of those which caused prices crashing and yeezy hype is at an all time low (minus the classic cw’s).

Grinches are classics but I’m gonna assume resellers would need to offload at least a little bit or undercut each other once majority of pairs come in. Nowadays it’s quick flip and onto the next release. Be patient guys and merry Christmas

At the local mall trying to cop. Watching folks get deebow'd for there spot in line. Seeing the doors get ripped off the hinges. Watching patent cry because they could get either the release altogether or, the right size.

A few years before it happened even worse with the cool grey 11

This is in L.A./socal

Everytime this is brought up, i always gotta post the classic get money boyz video :pimp:

Yea size 12 still $500. I know that isn’t going down to $350. Buyers can’t help themselves right now and price has remained the same.

Back
Top Bottom