NIKE KOBE VI PROTRO - 2021

I remember I was about to pay $500 for some OG DS Black/Red XIs in 2000 after buying the Concord retros. Luckily, they ended up being retro’d in 2001.

And in 2012

And in 2019.

Never pay resell. This won’t be the last time the Grinches come out.

They may release again; however, the time in between can be YEARS; five years for the first retro since the OG, then eleven years, and, most recently, seven years. If you have THAT amount of PATIENCE, I suppose you can wait and hope... However, you never know what will happen in those times in between. Nothing in life is guaranteed. Word to Kobe. 😢 RIP:emoji_pray:

Every time I see his name or image, I still can't believe it. 😢

If you REALLY WANT them, just pay the resale to save yourself from the anxiety and worries. I've accepted that the more sought after sneakers will be acquired with bots. I mean I'll try my manual luck on whatever releases resonate to me. If I catch that L, I'll just pay resale if I really want the shoe.

Last edited:
Honestly with the Protro VIs..only upcoming pairs I would feel comfortable paying resale for is the Think Pink VIs if they even drop again

Maybe OCs..

All the VIs that may drop are still in good wearable shape for me..I wish we got more OG colorways in the IVs

They may release again; however, the time in between can be YEARS; five years for the first retro since the OG, then eleven years, and, most recently, seven years. If you have THAT amount of PATIENCE, I suppose you can wait and hope... However, you never know what happen in those times in between. Nothing in life is guaranteed. Word to Kobe. 😢 RIP:emoji_pray:

Every time I see his name or image, I still can't believe it. 😢

If you REALLY WANT them, just pay the resale to save yourself from the anxiety and worries. I've accepted that the more sought after sneakers will be acquired with bots. I mean I'll try my manual luck on whatever releases resonate to me. If I catch that L, I'll just pay resale if I really want the shoe.

If I die before the Grinches are retro’d, believe me - I’m not going to be on my deathbed regretting the fact that I didn’t own a specific pair of Kobes. I get why this shoe means a lot to certain people though.

I actually wouldn’t be shocked if Nike brought these back next Christmas in copious quantities. Or for when Kobe gets inducted into the HOF.

I paid resell for 2 pairs of Protro 5s and the Protro 6 grinches ...I gotta chill on paying resell unless Protro 8 WTK are coming out and I'll gladly pay resell if I take a L

if this was January 2011 I would’ve paid resell with no hesitation. Especially with spring financial aid season right around the corner lol.

Priorities and responsibilities are a bit different in January 2021 though. That said, an impulse purchase might happen, but the world isn’t going to end for me if it doesn’t either.

Seller on FB marketplace has a size 7 for 420

offered her 275 (and if she’s try’s to get smart with me gonna say. go sell that on stockX and see how much you get after :lol:)

Sz 14 on SX has been hovering between $450 & $480. Prices normally dont dip too far on big sizes.

SEMI-FALSE.

GOTTA CATCH THOSE RANDOM DESPERATE SELLERS :lol: I OWN THE CHEAPEST SZ.15 FLINT 13’S ON SX, CAUGHT THESE GRINCHES FOR $90 OVER RETAIL BEFORE RELEASE DATE. AFTER RELEASE, PRICE SHOT UP TO $500. I HAVE NO REGRETS PAYING $90 OVER.

I'd assume more of the latter. With the other Kobe releases this year it's been the same few FTLs that have been on the as getting them (Beverly Center, Hollywood & Highland and sometimes Glendale). They're are a lot more smaller stores on there this time. So COULD mean the production numbers are up, but I'm going to do some research to check.
That's interesting. If I remember correctly, Miami didn't get any of the Protro Vs at FLX stores but we did get one store with these. Maybe numbers are higher for these than than the Vs.

That's interesting. If I remember correctly, Miami didn't get any of the Protro Vs at FLX stores but we did get one store with these. Maybe numbers are higher for these than than the Vs.
Aventura right. I was gonna ask one of my boys to put in for me

Can't wait for those new V Pronto colorways to drop.

This might go over a few heads :lol:

So limited releases all around... Nike really messing up like why drop a performance retro if players tryna hoop in em are gonna have a small chance of getting em?

sometimes this company makes no sense

Zero sense, it's not like they're a lifestyle shoe.

I remember I was about to pay $500 for some OG DS Black/Red XIs in 2000 after buying the Concord retros. Luckily, they ended up being retro’d in 2001.

And in 2012

And in 2019.

You forgot the 2008 CDP....

But still, Kobe retros are still a new thing. Who knows when we will see 4s and 5s retro again.

I’m a sucker.

Prices in my size 11 aren’t going down anytime, and I wouldn’t be surprised if the prices keep trending up assuming their is not a restock. I coughed up $460.

And in 2012

And in 2019.

I understand the “don’t pay resale” mentality but that’s a horrible example.
Obviously the most popular OG Jordan colorways will retro over and over again.
If you want to grab something unique or a collab, it’s more than likely never going to retro again... That doesn’t mean pay 2K+ for Union 1s, it just means pay it or move on

Where do Grinches fall? Who knows but I wouldn’t expect to see them for another 10+ years. If you’re 30 now or whatever age you are, do u want to wait til you’re 40 to get Grinches and probably strike out anyway? Lol
It’s just a matter of how much $ can you afford and more importantly is it worth it to you....

If you want to grab something unique or a collab, it’s more than likely never going to retro again... That doesn’t mean pay 2K+ for Union 1s, it just means pay it or move on

Where do Grinches fall? Who knows but I wouldn’t expect to see them for another 10+ years. If you’re 30 now or whatever age you are, do u want to wait til you’re 40 to get Grinches and probably strike out anyway? Lol
It’s just a matter of how much $ can you afford and more importantly is it worth it to you....

This. I'm 32 I don't see me even wanting to wear grinches in my 40s. I'd rather pay the extra to wear now. Even if I paid 200 more what's the cost of that over 10 years of waiting (just to likely strike out).

#Attacked

Im waiting for a better deal
for sz 11.5 still lol

I’m sure a bunch of nike orders haven’t even been delivered bc of New Years...
DSG aren’t shipping out for another 4 days

Already got a sz 11 for under retail bc of Ebates

This. I'm 32 I don't see me even wanting to wear grinches in my 40s. I'd rather pay the extra to wear now. Even if I paid 200 more what's the cost of that over 10 years of waiting (just to likely strike out).
I'm 41 but I look like I'm 26....
hyBkqDd.png

Im waiting for a better deal
for sz 11.5 still lol

I’m sure a bunch of nike orders haven’t even been delivered bc of New Years...
DSG aren’t shipping out for another 4 days

Already got a sz 11 for under retail bc of Ebates
You were able to cop through ebates...... nice lol. 11.5 gang!

Back
Top Bottom