NIKE KOBE VI PROTRO - 2021

What do you mean what? You guys expect her to give Nike rights to her husband for pennies while they still screw over the consumers

I get this is Nike talk but let’s not act like Nike gives 2 ****s about any of us at the end of the day

1. This is negotiating tactic. You think that she is doing all of this for us or is this for public support in her favor in order to increase her leverage? And some of you are eating it up.

2. Nothing good from Nike basketball since the Kobe 4?

I really really hate nike as a company.

It should say something to sneakerheads worldwide that Nike would rather end a relationship with the Kobe Bryant est., rather than make his products more available.

Seems like a lifetime deal would have been fair and just the right thing to do in this case.

an example of someone eating it up to get public support in their favor in order to increase their leverage

What do you mean what? You guys expect her to give Nike rights to her husband for pennies while they still screw over the consumers

I get this is Nike talk but let’s not act like Nike gives 2 ****s about any of us at the end of the day

Name a shoe line that you like that's not screwing the customer....

Cause Jordan's are limited. He's "screwing the customer"

Yeezys became more available, but have since gone back to being limited/screwing the customer

Dunk numbers are screwing the customer

Unless something changed that i'm unaware of, Kobe did not end thing on good terms with Adidas when he originally left. I recall him throwing away crazy 8 vino shoes when Nick Young brought them into the locker room. If Vanessa Bryant does a deal with them she would possibly be cutting the Kobe Bryant brand nose to spite its face.

Hopefully things cool down and they work something out, but in the end it's just business.

Kobe had a niche sneaker before last year. They were never produced in Lebron numbers.

So within a year you expected Nike to be able to account for his death and the new found popularity and suddenly produce a ton? Is that temporary or permanent?

A ton of people never bought Kobe's before and now suddenly want a part of him. Non sneaker heads. So once they get a pair or two, they're probably gone. They'll get certain pairs they wanted or had a memory attached.

Name a shoe line that you like that's not screwing the customer....

Cause Jordan's are limited. He's "screwing the customer"

Yeezys became more available, but have since gone back to being limited/screwing the customer

Dunk numbers are screwing the customer
They are

who is in charge of all of that

???

End of the day I doubt Nike cares if Kobes are stopped. Basketball sneakers aren’t King like it was when Kobe was playing, lifestyle is where its at. Theyll continue with Lebron Kd etc. We lose as consumers. Im more annoyed that there is another reason for these scumbags to raise prices again and feel justified for it.

The only reason this line became popular, is because he died. The line was never reliable at the register, and Kobe’s popularity overseas did not prove to move the shoe sales needle in the states where it was most needed. Now nike faces a moral dilemma. Do you take advantage of Kobe’s popularity due to his death? Or do you recognize that not all money is good money, sending a message to your endorsers that you are going to back away, then not pimp them out after they die? Vanessa is right in this situation if she wishes to honor her late daughter and husband.

1616464346985.gif

was just looking at my Nike order history.

funny how these purchases are back to back.....

"1st the fat boys break up, now everyday i wake up"

kobexkanye.JPG

then put them on nikeid or make them built to order.

people will order what they want.

THIS!

I’ve also been thinking about how a pre-order process would benefit Nike in terms of cost or whatever that goes into shoe production though it’s not “appealing” to all those people just in it for the money grab (which sounds dumb to me).

Like they’d rather alienate their customers with complicated releases and subpar services rather than put out decent product widely available to everyone.

Nike is a billion dollar company , that's had this thing figured out for decades.

I don't think they should mass produce Kobes. It just doesn't make sense from a long term standpoint.

We don't like to admit it, but we want what we can't have.

Name the last LeBron shoe you "had to have"
Name the last Kyrie, KD, PG you had to have

We don't want them cause they're too easy to get

Let Nike come out and say that they'll only release 2000 LeBrons over his next few releases!!! Hype train !!

I don't blame Nike. It's just wack

Not all KDs, PGs, etc. are easy to get, the biggest problem is they are not good quality, durability and performance is not consistent. Baiscally they are modern day shoes, after 4 months of intense wear you can throw them away. The Kobe Protros have kept their original quality plus they have received updated technology, what more can real Basketball fans and hoopers ask for, when they play in them? The Kobe Protro line was the culmination of past and present, they took the best of both worlds. It is no surprise that so many NBA players are wearing them over current models!

was just looking at my Nike order history.

funny how these purchases are back to back.....

"1st the fat boys break up, now everyday i wake up"

kobexkanye.JPG

I love it that you can go all the way back to your day 1 purchases!

Not all KDs, PGs, etc. are easy to get, the biggest problem is they are not good quality, durability and performance is not consistent. Baiscally they are modern day shoes, after 4 months of intense wear you can throw them away. The Kobe Protros have kept their original quality plus they have received updated technology, what more can real Basketball fans and hoopers ask for, when they play in them? The Kobe Protro line was the culmination of past and present, they took the best of both worlds. It is no surprise that so many NBA players are wearing them over current models!

wassup Max, not sure if you remember me. but i used to ship shoes to you in Germany and you'd ship them to me in the United States! Are you still in DE?

anyway....KDs, PGs and Kyries are super easy to get here in the united States.

the popularity of the Protro amongst NBA players has more to do with his death than with the comfort of the shoe, imo

before his death, nobody was rocking Kobes'....except Booker and Derozan (i think)

wassup Max, not sure if you remember me. but i used to ship shoes to you in Germany and you'd ship them to me in the United States! Are you still in DE?

anyway....KDs, PGs and Kyries are super easy to get here in the united States.

the popularity of the Protro amongst NBA players has more to do with his death than with the comfort of the shoe, imo

before his death, nobody was rocking Kobes'....except Booker and Derozan (i think)

This isn't true. This was from just before his death.

The 8s and 9s were popular and sold well
That first sentence... lol. Kobes were always popular. I will say, yes the first 2 protro models had releases that hit outlets but that was with Nike taking a chance and thinking the demand was high for them. The first protro, the Del Sol 1s... didnt hit the outlets. I feel they chose to put a certain amount of those... and then gambled and made extremely high numbers of the rest. The 1s are bulky and most of us today are older obviously from their initial debut 05/06. They thought the 81 pts would do due to without saying.

With the 4s... it didnt do well when news broke out the tech didnt match what was initially said. So Nike messed up on those.

And obviously the 5s came with the factor of his passing.

And back to popularity. Kobes are and have been heavily worn by pros for years... since the 7/8s. And I bet if the NBY was an option with mediocre production numbers on the general releases fellas would take that cuz they'll make their multiple pairs and not have to deal with the resell market.
I have to disagree, he was very very popular when he switched to 24 and became the black Mamba, him and Nike marketed everything out of that and they did that pretty well! He is one of the few who had retros while he was still active, had a farewell (FTB) collection, which nobody has had plus came up with the Protro idea, which I think is the greatest idea to come up with when you want to play in "old" silhouettes with new tech and honestly what is so wrong with certain models hitting outlets? This also benefitted his fans who were not able to buy his shoes at retail price.
All of this delusional nonsense is exactly why you no longer have a nike Kobe line. Vanessa Bryant is right.

she thinks jus bc kobe parked his mamba inside her she drivin the car now? hahah NIKE dont think so

she thinks jus bc kobe parked his mamba inside her she drivin the car now? hahah NIKE dont think so
Meh

itsnher husband, you wouldn’t want someone profiting off your deceased significant other without getting anything in return

y’all dudes just thirsty for kicks, I want the shoes as bad as everyone else and I been striking out but end of the day it’s about business. NIKE AINT DOING YOU NO FAVORS. If anything the more she demands the better tbh, if Nike pays a ton that means they gotta release MORE in order to get a higher return on investment ;-)

let’s go Vanessa

The Kobe 4 protro sat besides the limited ones. Most of the Kobe 1 protro's sat, including the 81 point. They had to be a collab and limited to sell out.

Suddenly Kobe tragically dies and the Kobe 5, 6 and everything Kobe besides _stephen.p_ _stephen.p_ Fury become in demand.

How would Nike be able to determine this in a year? Increase production how many, they're a company a large one at that. There's not exactly a blueprint or past history they can go by.

I don't see how some of you are blaming Nike. Resellers are the ones buying up sneakers so you can't buy them decreasing the available pairs and then selling them back to you. That all star was being sold for what a $20 or $30 profit in a lot of sizes before yesterday? Resellers wouldn't have cared about them before this. Grinches would have probably been the only ones hard to get.

That's why I think this a marketing ploy by Vanessa to increase her leverage by getting public support on her side to get what she wants from Nike.

Back
Top Bottom