NIKE Kobe VIII PROTRO - 2023

Saw this lace swap
IMG_6147.jpeg
IMG_6146.jpeg

I'm guessing the previous 8s didn't have this tacky G.T. Cut-like insole where your socks basically stick to it? All in all, it feels like a bit high of a price for what you're getting shoe-wise, but lets see how they hold up once I play in them.
They had the same texture on the OG. Also had special “Kobe” socks that went with them but weren’t included - $20 a pair. Short cut and had the shozoku Kobe symbol on the heel that matched up with the shoes.

What’s the sizing consensus on these newer pairs? TTS? I went .5 up on the OGs, but wanna make sure they’re still not .5 up.

For those saying TTS on these newer pairs, did y’all also go .5 up when they originally released?

TIA

I can check later for ya. I definitely went a half size up on the originals but there was definitely some decent wiggle room.

I have a pair of the VBs I can try on and report back.

What’s the sizing consensus on these newer pairs? TTS? I went .5 up on the OGs, but wanna make sure they’re still not .5 up.

For those saying TTS on these newer pairs, did y’all also go .5 up when they originally released?

TIA
Point of reference are my Halo 8s. Even with the padded tongue and react insole... still went same size as my OGs from 2013. There def was some tightness but just gotta break them in. Also my body hasn't changed since then. Because I wear then casually I do use wooden shoe trees to help with breaking them in

^^^So go half size up for casual. If ya planning to play soccer, b ball, and work out TTS.
No that's not the general consensus... if the individual doesn't want to experience or deal with the tightness and has no patience to break them in then yea I guess go .5 up for casual.

I've said it before... with the HOF 5s... it was being expressed they were tight. I found a guy back then who let me try on my usual 11.5 and I was like nahhh. So sought out a 12... got them. When I tried them on at home... joints looked like clown shoes to my feet... so they weren't keepers. Got my 11.5 and got rid of those.

As said above these kicks supposed to have tightness as said above cuz they intact are basketball kicks not casual kicks.

Noted: Beeb2407 Beeb2407 wears the same size.

I remember when the Easter 8s came out. I got a pair of size 11s. I normally got size 12s. But I was able to squeeze my 11.5s in to the 11s. They were tight. So I agree with your assessment. But I'm not sure how much comfort the buyer wants. I got 11.5s in all of the retroes so far.

Whether I'm ballin or not, tts works for me

And if I do need just a tad bit more room, I remove the insoles and put in thinner ones

Thought I was good on skipping out on the home cw, but I caved and grabbed a pair on DSG with the links posted earlier. Kinda hard to justify keeping all 5 cw's, but at least I've been keeping my shoe purchases down this year compared to previous years. At least that's what I'll have to tell my wife lol

Back
Top Bottom