NIKE Kobe VIII PROTRO - 2023

12029939-2E93-4FE5-8D2A-6F14D9959DFA.png

Sh*t is wild. I couldn’t even get a pair in 6.5y for my son to hoop in and I was on it at 10 on the dot waiting. Tried the draw for a 6.5m’s for him and missed too.

I saw the Apple charge pop up on my phone and was HAPPY, then I saw the price it was the shirt! LOL! Will call in a favor and get these. Just don't like asking on lesser stuff. Usually save the connect for super limited shoes!

What a joke.
This is how I feel too.

Had 3 of us going after all 3 items for my son and a forth going after just the shoes. With those 10 tries I hit on the hoodie and that's it. It's sad that you're supposed to feel happy about going 1 for 10.

Oh well, we'll all be trying again on the next release.

Nah not officially but after the last two drops, that’s probably what it will be. We all just gotta hope Nike and Vanessa actually do end up making other cw’s more available

I’m skeptical but hey would be cool.

Definitely think it’s far too much of a hype/money grab for Nike to keep them limited tho.

I can see them dropping the Team Kobe models a little more heavily tho and keep taunting us with the models we want.

Would these have been an instant sell out before Kobe died?

Highly doubtful. Loads of Kobe shoes didn't sell out on the first OG go around. Loads of Protros didn't, either. Kobe was a polarizing player, to say the least. People either loved him or hated him, and there were/are a lot of haters. He never moved product on a scale anywhere near what some people seem to think, at least from what I heard back when he was still playing at the height of his powers. I'm still not sure, even after his death, that if Nike produced massive amounts of Kobe product that it would actually continue selling out left and right. In certain areas it would, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it sitting in others. On top of the hype and nonsense, that COULD be one reason why Nike has been reluctant to produce a million pairs for these drops.

I saw the IG or wherever post from Vanessa saying Nike wanted to keep this release limited and collectible ( :smh:) but that they're working to produce more pairs of other future releases. Believe it when I see it, but hey, if they want to reserve the super-limited treatment for all-white shoes I wouldn't buy on discount even if I could, I'll count it as a win. Limit these annual Halo releases and make more of OG colorway Protros I actually want.

Last edited:
but that they're working to produce more pairs of other future releases.

this statement in itself is such a load of crap and i actually feel bad for the people that believe it.

what exactly do they need to do to get this line going? let's see...

create moulds?
nope, those are done for the 1,4, 5, 6 and 8 protros and they probably have existing moulds of previous releases unless they melted them down (unlikely).

source materials?
nope, kobe's don't use some special material.

create new machines to manufacture uppers/flyknit or whatever?
nope. those technologies are used across nike's entire product line till this day.

create a marketing team?
nope, the shoes will sell themselves without marketing. but even if they insist, it doesn't cost much to pay someone to tweet a thing or two about the kobe line. it also doesn't cost nike much time/money since kobe is dead, so not like they need to coordinate with him to market a product.

hire designers?
nope. the people want colorways or PE's that are already known. we don't care for something new.. and if nike is adamant on creating special colorways, then they can designate a design team for those special moments which should be rare anyways.

so what is it?

I mean we couldn’t expect the rollout to begin with something mass produced.. I can see the numbers gradually increasing with the more releases.. it’s Nike we’re dealing with..

I mean we couldn’t expect the rollout to begin with something mass produced.. I can see the numbers gradually increasing with the more releases.. it’s Nike we’re dealing with..

😂 at believing Nike is going to ever mass produce these

Back
Top Bottom