Nike Lebron 17

i hate white knit but those too clean to not like.

hopefully they implement that thinner airmax unit on the lows. using the retail airmax will make the lows look like 270 pairs

You’d think more guys would be wearing Nike’s high end basketball shoe though. I’ve seen more guys wearing the Freaks in the NBA and those are almost half the price.

I really don’t mind that much. I wear my pairs casually

It’s hard to tell how popular a model is with the NBA players til half through a shoes cycle.

The Freaks 1 are halfway through their release cycle.

The Lebron 17 is only 3 months in.

I feel like more people will like them as they become more available in colorways.

It's like they wanted to use the 720 to market the Lebron, but if you're in to basketball you would know that a big air bubble doesn't necessarily mean anything.

They could have just sold the same pair Lebron wears instead.

It makes me wonder about the comfort and performance for the average person.

'Big' Nike Air unit used to mean something when they ran SF6 in them (unfortunately classified as a Greenhouse gas now, so it's been gone for 10+ years). The differences in performance and cushioning could definitely be felt as you went from the lower profile to Max units.

Current iterations of Nike Air unit use Nitrogen and have large support columns doing much of the work so there's not much difference in performance and cushioning despite the size changes of the Air units themselves.

Zoom Air has always had the tensile fibers doing much of the work so the change from SF6 to Nitrogen was no where near as drastic as the Nike Air joints.

Nike is a marketing company at its core so it shouldn't surprise people that there's a 'bait and switch' going on here between the PE and GR.

If you want to look at an NT extreme, how do you explain PJ Tucker playing at a high level in retros and/or OG sneakers? He doesn't need any of these new gimmick shoes. FWIW, I believe that LBJ could play at the same level in the same retros and/or OGs too.

Last edited:
It's like they wanted to use the 720 to market the Lebron, but if you're in to basketball you would know that a big air bubble doesn't necessarily mean anything.

They could have just sold the same pair Lebron wears instead.

It makes me wonder about the comfort and performance for the average person.
Then knowing bron he would have requested a larger air bag.....you know how he likes his shoes to be different from ours lol

Canary's again for the Bucks game

the-sneakers-of-lebron-james-of-the-los-angeles-lakers-are-worn-prior-picture-id1189640021

You’d think more guys would be wearing Nike’s high end basketball shoe though. I’ve seen more guys wearing the Freaks in the NBA and those are almost half the price.

I really don’t mind that much. I wear my pairs casually

I wouldn't be surprised if the players had full length zoom on their Freaks.

Back
Top Bottom