Nike Lebron 17

Does anyone else have a problem with the 17's where the top of the tongue digs into your leg? Is there a break in period or is this something I'm going to have to get used to when wearing these kicks?
It gets better but I can't go as tight as I normally like.

Does anyone else have a problem with the 17's where the top of the tongue digs into your leg? Is there a break in period or is this something I'm going to have to get used to when wearing these kicks?
Thats part of why I took my w/ws back, though that shoe is just beautiful. Others have said it goes away though, but it was too noticeable for me to play in them.

Thats part of why I took my w/ws back, though that shoe is just beautiful. Others have said it goes away though, but it was too noticeable for me to play in them.
That's a bummer. I guess I'll wear it a few more times and time will tell. I feel it's only an issue for the first few minutes when I first put em on and start walking around in them.

It happens a lot in the Future Airs, the stiff tounge is the culprit, not an issue for me with high socks and have used the pair like four times, but lots of walking involved

This happened on the oreos pair which I then returned

For me, the Wins Wins didn't dig into my ankle at all. I actually played for 4 hours pain free in them

56DCD1E6-F1C1-4C9E-A91F-93E2EA5BC5CF.jpeg
52D3A860-47F3-4391-8795-AAE389C46E4E.jpeg
256E393E-D289-401E-AD6C-17BC2C9C64BF.jpeg

I Promise 17’s came in yesterday...I guess my consolation prize for missing out on the Red Carpets. (Still contemplating StockX/GOAT)

The last Lebron I purchased was the 15, in a size 13. I ordered a size 13 in these, but it feels too roomy. 12.5 coming tomorrow to compare. Craftsmanship is a little shoddy. But the knit on the right shoe in the green looks really nice. GITD sole is a nice touch.

Last edited:

It does get better. However, in another pair, I just tightened the strings in the midsole an didn't string tight up top. That worked. The thing about the last couple of Brons is that the strings allow you to loosen/tighten at different parts of the foot/ankle and they'll stay that way.

It does get better. However, in another pair, I just tightened the strings in the midsole an didn't string tight up top. That worked. The thing about the last couple of Brons is that the strings allow you to loosen/tighten at different parts of the foot/ankle and they'll stay that way.
Which pairs are you talking about? I have the Oreo/Ashes 17s.

This happened on the oreos pair which I then returned

For me, the Wins Wins didn't dig into my ankle at all. I actually played for 4 hours pain free in them

Yeah I'm going for the James Gang if they come out, and hoping those don't have the issue at all. Those will be better for balling in as a darker colorway, as well.

If I get those James gang I’m taking a sharpie or something and coloring majority of the letters black.

For what it’s worth, the hated MTAA have a soft tongue that doesn’t bother me at all, even wearing no-shows. Take off the leather cover and it’s just the neoprene/fuzz materials.

I did have to fold the back collar down though - the metal rings were rubbing my Achilles bad.

Might want to try taking the laces out of the tongue and using the tradition method....oh and you don’t have to really lace these that tight or even use the top

The last Lebron I purchased was the 15, in a size 13. I ordered a size 13 in these, but it feels too roomy. 12.5 coming tomorrow to compare.
I went down half size in the 17’s like I do most of the recent Lebron’s. Got a good deal on my TTS 12 and after trying them out I think that might just be the way to go in these... the shoe has excellent lockdown, so there was no front/back or side to side movement like you might get with a shoe that’s too big.

Saw a returned pair of I Promise 17’s today at the Block of Orange Nike Outlet. Size 12.5, retail plus 20% off. This was about 2 hours ago

Back
Top Bottom