Nike LeBron 19 - Disco Season

I’ve always been partial to statements like this.
And don’t get me wrong I understand the idea of it but I don’t think I’d ever fully agree.

I’m definitely a guard but I’ve never been a fan of lightweight shoes. I don’t feel protected in them. I’ve landed wrong on my ankle so many times I don’t feel comfortable in them.
From LeBron 4s, foamposites, Barkley’s LeBron 12s anything bulky I love it. Great lockdown is what I look for along with durability and comfort.

Two shoes of any material outside of pure concrete can not slow my game down.

They're fine for ball obv, but it's really just a big man's shoe. Can't imagine any guards will be using these to play in. It honestly makes no sense for me to get a pair because Lebrons are so heavy and/or bulky and there are so many better options for people who aren't 6'6 240 or something, but the cushion sometimes is worth it if I don't particularly care about being quick on my feet while balling.

Last edited:
And don’t get me wrong I understand the idea of it but I don’t think I’d ever fully agree.

I’m definitely a guard but I’ve never been a fan of lightweight shoes. I don’t feel protected in them. I’ve landed wrong on my ankle so many times I don’t feel comfortable in them.
From LeBron 4s, foamposites, Barkley’s LeBron 12s anything bulky I love it. Great lockdown is what I look for along with durability and comfort.

At the end of the day, it’s whatever you feel comfortable in when you play that really matters. I’m 6’5 200 lbs and technically league guys play that as a guard but I’ve always wanted hightop, heavily cushioned shoes in general (GT cuts and a few others being the exceptions) just because they feel better for me.

I agree, I played in the Lebron 3’s today and they feel great! The Zoom’s comfortable, traction is good and they’re just a solid shoe.

Many say that they’re heavy. I don’t feel it, maybe they just need to stop skipping leg day.

1632436878387.gif

Enough about my specific-to-me bigfoot issues.
Alright, back to the shoes :lol:

I was so ready for the sweatsuits to shock drop today. I had it on my calendar somehow. I couldn't remember where I'd gotten the info. So when those mimi plange's dropped I was sick.

I figured it might not happen because not a single person who talks about shock drops was saying it might happen, but I figured maybe they were all just busy with whatever Yeezy mess was releasing.

Hope these release soon. Looking forward to whatever sick colorways Lebron wears in the Lakers opener next month.

From DSG.
The other ones are still on for October 1st so I'm not positive which colorway this is. (maybe the sweatsuits)

1632446235816.png

Worst thing about these supply chain issues is that waiting for discount season is not guaranteed. Am I really gonna drop retail money on a GR?!

In the ~10 years I've been going HAM on sneakers, I have to say this period we're in right now might be the worst ever:

- SNKRS
- supply chain is completely borked
- almost every release is via draw, raffle, treasure hunt, firstborn, etc...
- any shoe that comes close to being desirable sells out
- non-desirable shoes disappear online and go straight to outlets
- more than ever, non-sneakerheads are buying up product to resell because they can do so with the tap of a finger while they're on the toilet
- no sales...ever

And a side note: Nike has always been in cahoots with Apple, but things have gotten so bad for PC and Android users that it's ridiculous. I haven't been able to login to my Nike account via computer in like two months, and the Android app is riddled with bugs and glitches and missing features.

They're fine for ball obv, but it's really just a big man's shoe. Can't imagine any guards will be using these to play in. It honestly makes no sense for me to get a pair because Lebrons are so heavy and/or bulky and there are so many better options for people who aren't 6'6 240 or something, but the cushion sometimes is worth it if I don't particularly care about being quick on my feet while balling.
Definitely not accurate, considering there have been a number of college ballers that play in lebrons since the 2's and the 3's. As a 6'4'' 210 lbs person, the 4's are favorite Lebrons to play. You just cant skip leg day and try to wear them.

Back
Top Bottom