Nike Lebron 20

Have we seen the REAL XX’s?

• Yes

Votes: 107 75.4%
  • No

Votes: 35 24.6%

• Total voters
I just want since apparently the heel is not so mushy in them. My ankles and achilles had been killing me lately after playing on 20's. A damn shame.

My Achilles have been sore lately too but I chalked that up to playing more frequently. Try rolling out your calf muscles and doing some isometric work, like do a wall sit and while in that position, get up on your toes and hold it (or just do calf raises while in the wall sit). Builds up endurance in the tissues and ligaments.

Yeah the heel cush made me feel somewhat unstable. And higher which is never great imo

I do have bad Achilles soreness after playing as well. Took 2/3 weeks off and immediately went to these 20’s to start breaking in. That soreness came right back.

Exactly how I have been feeling in them lately! At first they felt awesome, almost the best shoe I have ever played in. Then the heel started to feel wobbly, maybe because I broke them in eventually and around that time I started to also have sore achilles tendons and ankle pains.

Also around that time the 37 Lows released, and I have been playing in them A LOT! Last week I went back to the 20's, and felt the sore achilles and ankle pains coming back. I never want to blame anything happening just because of one thing, but the correlation is too obvious here..

Guess I'm gonna go with the 37 Lows until the "Wolf Grey" cw releases, atleast their heel is like a brick 😅

I just can't, the sizing's weird and now achilles pain it's just always something!

1677852645068.gif

I just can't, the sizing's weird and now achilles pain it's just always something!

1677852645068.gif

I didn't find the sizing any tricky, sure they had to be broken in which was time consuming but to me really the only problem is the heel mushiness.

Same thing happened with Protro 5's, great shoe but that mushy heel ruined them for me!

Guess that Cushlon is just not for me 😅

I like firmer heels in my hoop shoes too. The first time I experienced heel pain was in the KD 14s. I wear rigid superfeet insoles to stop my heel from moving within shoes now. I want to try the 37 lows again but they were really narrow.

Exactly how I have been feeling in them lately! At first they felt awesome, almost the best shoe I have ever played in. Then the heel started to feel wobbly, maybe because I broke them in eventually and around that time I started to also have sore achilles tendons and ankle pains.

Also around that time the 37 Lows released, and I have been playing in them A LOT! Last week I went back to the 20's, and felt the sore achilles and ankle pains coming back. I never want to blame anything happening just because of one thing, but the correlation is too obvious here..

Guess I'm gonna go with the 37 Lows until the "Wolf Grey" cw releases, atleast their heel is like a brick 😅
good to hear you switched the the 37 low and had success. been constant in the 36 high and low, with some kd 15. but the 37 low is definitely a shoe I want to try, good to hear its working well for someone dealing with similar achilles issues

Yeah the heel cush made me feel somewhat unstable. And higher which is never great imo

I do have bad Achilles soreness after playing as well. Took 2/3 weeks off and immediately went to these 20’s to start breaking in. That soreness came right back.
I’m try to make a short video to show you guys what I mean about soft tissue work for the Achilles area. Probably will have to be an ig video cause I don’t know how else to upload stuff to this forum, so don’t hate me for that lol.

Basically you have to really loosen up the posterior tib, which gets tight stuck to the soleus which is where the Achilles runs through. Once you loosen up all the calf muscles around the Achilles, only then is it really safe and recommended to try stretching it and gently massaging it.

By the way, for the people with Achilles soreness and heel pain, how much do you guys weigh? I’m about 190 and fairly heavy on my feet when I play. More of a power player than finesse.

I’m try to make a short video to show you guys what I mean about soft tissue work for the Achilles area. Probably will have to be an ig video cause I don’t know how else to upload stuff to this forum, so don’t hate me for that lol.

Basically you have to really loosen up the posterior tib, which gets tight stuck to the soleus which is where the Achilles runs through. Once you loosen up all the calf muscles around the Achilles, only then is it really safe and recommended to try stretching it and gently massaging it.

By the way, for the people with Achilles soreness and heel pain, how much do you guys weigh? I’m about 190 and fairly heavy on my feet when I play. More of a power player than finesse.
yeah, or link me if you see something online/YT. Ive done the pinching at my achilles to loosen it up etc. Def try not to overstretch it during down times. 210lbs here and play on a hard court, not nice hardwood, more of a lock-in tile floor

Sounds like the Air Jordan is still the marquee despite its looks.

Sorry to hear about all the achilles issues some are having. You’d think they’d test it for a few months prior to production.

That achilles pain should have come up in the testing.

I’m looking forward to this video.

Yeah it’s definitely not the shoes.
I’m around 190 as well. Focusing on balancing on one legged balancing and dorsi flexion has relieved most of the pain.

Tried on the olives and they are flimsy compared to the knit pair. Like they were really meant to be an EXT pair. Once that suede gets moist from sweat the fit is going to be worse.

I didn't find the sizing any tricky, sure they had to be broken in which was time consuming but to me really the only problem is the heel mushiness.

Same thing happened with Protro 5's, great shoe but that mushy heel ruined them for me!

Guess that Cushlon is just not for me 😅

I have the Trinity's in my size and they're tight so I'm looking to go .5 size up.

Reading through this thread I'm seeing the same things.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom