Nike Lebron 20

Have we seen the REAL XX’s?

• Yes

Votes: 107 75.4%
  • No

Votes: 35 24.6%

• Total voters
I like the Evo NXT which is apparently the in-between for the Evo and the NBA ball… intrigued by the NBA one though

I say give it a try. Once you handle a ball like that you won't want to play with any other one.

Only little people or terrible hoopers complain about the NBA ball. You have 5'0 guys who complain cause they can't palm the NBA ball.

Since this became a topic in here, I've gotten like, without exaggeration, 6 "good" balls the past 10 years. Spalding, Wilson, a college ball. All well reviewed. And what happens is, I can't get out to play a ton and they slowly turn into marbles. Hard, slick, trash. Just from sitting in my gym bag or from sitting in the closet (I didn't have an indoor spot to play in during covid), or places like that. All indoors places though, it's not like I'm leaving the basketballs in the elements or in a cold or hot place.

I got a ball around the same time as a buddy of mine I play with, and we got the same ball. His broke in, we were playing with it outdoors alot. I tried to use mine outdoors more and that didn't help, it's a marble now. All my basketballs either end up being really heavy or turning into marbles, or both. I hate it. Game ball is never my ball.

I'd love to be able to use my ball 2 hours a day every other day but I'm also like, an adult and a professional, so that's impossible.

Any tips? I've seen guys with indoor balls that you're not supposed to use outdoors, and they use them outdoors and they are great balls for a few months. Doesn't work for me. I've also seen guys have indoor balls and use them indoors and they're great balls for a whole season or longer. Doesn't work for me.

Am I keeping it too inflated? Underinflated? Should I take the air out all the way if not in use? Tired of buying pretty expensive basketballs only to have them turn into slippery marbles you can't grip at all.

Thanks for any advice anybody wants to give. :emoji_pray:
I know what you mean. For the leather balls, you can use leather cleaner and then conditioner. The evolutions and synthetic balls shouldn’t be getting too hard imo. But the air bladders can definitely lose elasticity and the ball will kinda turn into a dud that won’t bounce well if the balls are stored away and not used for long periods of times. I think the only way to prevent that is to dribble and bounce it periodically. I think keeping it overinflated hurts the ball more than letting it get flat when not in use.

I’m a trainer by profession so I’m pretty much on the court 2+ hours a day 5 days a week training people or just working on my own skills.

Since this became a topic in here, I've gotten like, without exaggeration, 6 "good" balls the past 10 years. Spalding, Wilson, a college ball. All well reviewed. And what happens is, I can't get out to play a ton and they slowly turn into marbles. Hard, slick, trash. Just from sitting in my gym bag or from sitting in the closet (I didn't have an indoor spot to play in during covid), or places like that. All indoors places though, it's not like I'm leaving the basketballs in the elements or in a cold or hot place.

I got a ball around the same time as a buddy of mine I play with, and we got the same ball. His broke in, we were playing with it outdoors alot. I tried to use mine outdoors more and that didn't help, it's a marble now. All my basketballs either end up being really heavy or turning into marbles, or both. I hate it. Game ball is never my ball.

I'd love to be able to use my ball 2 hours a day every other day but I'm also like, an adult and a professional, so that's impossible.

Any tips? I've seen guys with indoor balls that you're not supposed to use outdoors, and they use them outdoors and they are great balls for a few months. Doesn't work for me. I've also seen guys have indoor balls and use them indoors and they're great balls for a whole season or longer. Doesn't work for me.

Am I keeping it too inflated? Underinflated? Should I take the air out all the way if not in use? Tired of buying pretty expensive basketballs only to have them turn into slippery marbles you can't grip at all.

I really wouldn’t try taking an indoor ball outside unless you have a really nice outdoor court that’s asphalt.. kinda like the tennis courts.. you end up really scuffing and tearing up the outer layer.. I’d hit it with a cleaner and conditioner like mentioned above, however leather balls have a little slickness still until they get moist or warmed up

The best advice I could give it to try dribbling it a little bit in the house, or give to a trusted friend to use for you for a bit.

For a bit but make sure that they know it's YOURS! :rofl:

And if I don't use the basketballs for a week or two they'll lose air so it doesn't matter if they're overinflated. That won't save them, they need to be used.

We're on a shoe forum. Just like Nike's, if they're not worn they'll go bad.

Just co signing everything that was said. I practice exclusively with the nba ball, but everyone wants to play with evo. Nba ball is a good practice tool cause everything else will feel very grippy and easy to shoot by comparison. When I play with an evo afterwards I feel like tmac shooting pull up 3s from nba range. The nba ball is less forgiving so your form has to be fairly good to shoot it well consistently imo. If you get one, treat it like a training tool.

Also, the nba ball makes the Same sound you hear on tv when it splashes the net. It just sounds so good.

When I used to work as a basketball trainer, I had 5 different basketballs in my locker. Tf1000 and evo for high school kids, a molten fiba ball for overseas guys, and two spalding nba balls for the d league / nba guys.

The reason for 2 nba balls is because those guys pretty much don’t miss in practice. So you can confidently pass them the second ball while the first is in the air lol.

I agree 100% and the swish with an NBA ball sounds and looks so good!

1677899320665.gif

Just catching up, I love the NBA ball, best basketball in my opinion. Esp if you get used to playing with it, the evolution will feel cheap to you. Love the weight of the NBA ball. Most ppl def don't understand it in my opinion, but the best in the world play it for a reason. Con for me is if you're playing in a gym and its cold, the ball can be slick. But when you sweat the grip is really good. I have both Spaulding and Wilson NBA, I feel like the Wilson has a slight edge over the Spaulding one, esp when both being new.

Soap and water…

Now back to the basketballs.
9088F9E4-206A-411F-859B-DE84C41CB5C8.jpeg

2 weight trainers in the back, old Fiba ball no longer holds air been on the hunt for a new one but they’re oos everywhere. Got another one of the Tf-100s and I’m starting to fall in love with it, got two other evolutions that I’ve given to friends cause theirs got stolen, really need to look into getting a rack to put em on

2 weight trainers in the back, old Fiba ball no longer holds air been on the hunt for a new one but they’re oos everywhere. Got another one of the Tf-100s and I’m starting to fall in love with it, got two other evolutions that I’ve given to friends cause theirs got stolen, really need to look into getting a rack to put em on

Great display and great collection, all I can do is

1677934629952.gif

Dammit, i was trying to get this thread back to the kicks too…buuuuuttttt….how do you like the weight trainers… 🤣

I’m try to make a short video to show you guys what I mean about soft tissue work for the Achilles area. Probably will have to be an ig video cause I don’t know how else to upload stuff to this forum, so don’t hate me for that lol.

Basically you have to really loosen up the posterior tib, which gets tight stuck to the soleus which is where the Achilles runs through. Once you loosen up all the calf muscles around the Achilles, only then is it really safe and recommended to try stretching it and gently massaging it.

By the way, for the people with Achilles soreness and heel pain, how much do you guys weigh? I’m about 190 and fairly heavy on my feet when I play. More of a power player than finesse.

Do you have that video?

Depending on how dirty your shoes are and the material of your shoes. You can get one of these

1677957149613.jpeg

and wash them in the washing machine.
I’d be worried about how the suede like material would end up on that pair. Anytime I’ve washed or used JM, the suede just reacts differently. But I guess you can get a suede brush to help.

Back
Top Bottom