Nike Lebron 20

Have we seen the REAL XX’s?

• Yes

Votes: 107 75.4%
  • No

Votes: 35 24.6%

• Total voters
the only JD in minnesota has the bred Brons but not putting em out until nov 3rd. WIld that so many other spots have em for sale. need a sz 13 or 13.5

My man said “Shank plate”!

1665452192499.gif

Shank plate is about injury prevention mostly, too.

“…the role of the shank plate is to reduce the load on your foot which in return will reduce the risk of injury.”

“Without a shank plate every time you are walking up and down the court, there is more strain on your foot as all the strain from the shoe bending is all loaded on to your plantar fascia.”

Shank plate is about injury prevention mostly, too.

“…the role of the shank plate is to reduce the load on your foot which in return will reduce the risk of injury.”

“Without a shank plate every time you are walking up and down the court, there is more strain on your foot as all the strain from the shoe bending is all loaded on to your plantar fascia.”

it's all marketing. nike introduced it in the kobe 5 then got rid of it in the 9.. if it was that important then they would have kept it.

our bodies can adapt to almost anything. our feet don't know the difference between shank vs no shank. players played for decades without a shank plate.

Would be kinda cool if the 21 is Bronny's 1 and takes over from there. Even with Bron still in the league it supports the "next generation" gimmick.

it's all marketing. nike introduced it in the kobe 5 then got rid of it in the 9.. if it was that important then they would have kept it.

our bodies can adapt to almost anything. our feet don't know the difference between shank vs no shank. players played for decades without a shank plate.
Ehhh I’m not a foot doctor but I’m pretty sure a shank plate helps relieve stress on your foot. It’s not just marketing is what I’m saying. They actually do serve a purpose.

Also, foamposites have a shank plate so they’ve been around longer than you thought.

Ehhh I’m not a foot doctor but I’m pretty sure a shank plate helps relieve stress on your foot. It’s not just marketing is what I’m saying. They actually do serve a purpose.

Also, foamposites have a shank plate so they’ve been around longer than you thought.
not everyone needs a shank plate, shank plates are not the only way to create stability in the midfoot, and injury prevention is nearly impossible to quantify in a well designed study

the fixation that some consumers have on particular pieces of tech, be it cushioning setups or a shank plate, are definitely influenced by marketing

(I'm a foot doctor)

not everyone needs a shank plate, shank plates are not the only way to create stability in the midfoot, and injury prevention is nearly impossible to quantify in a well designed study

the fixation that some consumers have on particular pieces of tech, be it cushioning setups or a shank plate, are definitely influenced by marketing

(I'm a foot doctor)
Thanks for the reply. I was just trying to say that they do serve a purpose. I definitely agree that some consumers get caught up or fixated on certain features.

From most recent tear downs I’ve seen it seems almost everything releasing has some form of shank, some being more rigid than others. I know the Kyries have one it’s just more flexible than others. Come to think of it, I can’t think of any recent releases that don’t have some kind of shank in them. Are you aware of any recent shoes that don’t have some sort of shank/ or plate in them?

Sorry to keep asking questions but I don’t get to interact with foot doctors all the time.. Do you think shoes that don’t have any form of mid foot stability/plate/ shank, like the Kobe AD 360 NXT, are more likely to cause injury because of extra stress on your feet?

Thanks for the reply. I was just trying to say that they do serve a purpose. I definitely agree that some consumers get caught up or fixated on certain features.

From most recent tear downs I’ve seen it seems almost everything releasing has some form of shank, some being more rigid than others. I know the Kyries have one it’s just more flexible than others. Come to think of it, I can’t think of any recent releases that don’t have some kind of shank in them. Are you aware of any recent shoes that don’t have some sort of shank/ or plate in them?

Sorry to keep asking questions but I don’t get to interact with foot doctors all the time.. Do you think shoes that don’t have any form of mid foot stability/plate/ shank, like the Kobe AD 360 NXT, are more likely to cause injury because of extra stress on your feet?
Zoom freak 1? No shank
1665524092676.png

Lebron 17? No shank (air bag placement creates the midfoot stiffness)
1665524216505.png

Lebron witness 3? No shank plate.
1665524569506.png

Kobe AD exodus? No shank plate.
1665524647716.png

I can't find a picture of the giannis immortality 1 or 2 cut in half but I'm pretty sure they don't have shank plates either.

Shank plates are a design feature that usually gets included in higher-end basketball models and left out of budget (but still very playable) shoes, because materials cost money and are tied into the marketing of shoes.
You may notice that shoes that have full length air or elaborate airbags don't have shank plates, because the unit itself creates enough midfoot stiffness. Thickness and geometry of the midsole can compensate for the absence of a shank plate.

"injury prevention" isn't something we can quantify well because you can't count things that don't happen and you can't accurately predict injury frequency. There's a ton of variables that could contribute to foot injury, including ankle range of motion, integrity and force exposure/conditioning of soft tissue structures, etc. People who have existing issues with their plantar fascia or midfoot will likely benefit from a shoe with design that supports the midfoot with more rigidity because that addresses a specific need they have. People's feet, needs, and experiences may vary.

Hiking boots and other types of shoes have had them for much longer than that.

Shank plates are in most higher quality Basketball shoes ( Jordan, Lebron, Kobe and KD) that aren’t Max Air based, it’s been the way since the Jordan XI.

Didn’t know it would cause this much of an argument, sorry, lol.

I’m just saying the Kyrie 8’s have a ton of lateral flex and that makes my foot feel vulnerable to injury. My Achilles especially hurts after I get done playing.

I just think the LeBron XX’s might fix my problem.

Back
Top Bottom