Nike Lebron 9 Retro

Did you end up playing in your 9's? Thinking of grabbing a pair to hoop in now that some color ways are really cheap. What size did you get in the 9's compared to models like the lebron 10, 16, and 20?
30565153-13C8-4929-9722-180A6B109993.jpeg

Don’t remember if I posted my thoughts lol forgot I had even posted in this thread.

So I haven’t really played in them in a while but I to share what I do remember, let’s see… I went TTS, same as I do with all Lebrons since my feet are more on the narrow side. The upper is on the stiffer side, especially compared to modern knit and mesh shoes but it’s tolerable overall. Cushion is decent, Zoom isn’t crazy and does take some breaking in before you really feel the bounce. Traction is average, maybe 7/10… probably forgetting a few things but you probably get the picture by now.

So I love these shoes for their nostalgia factor, but I don’t feel like the Hyperfuse era aged well from a performance standpoint. Yes I can play in them BUT there are so many better modern options every time I reach for them I end up wearing something else. But I don’t have regrets about buying em

30565153-13C8-4929-9722-180A6B109993.jpeg

Don’t remember if I posted my thoughts lol forgot I had even posted in this thread.

So I haven’t really played in them in a while but I to share what I do remember, let’s see… I went TTS, same as I do with all Lebrons since my feet are more on the narrow side. The upper is on the stiffer side, especially compared to modern knit and mesh shoes but it’s tolerable overall. Cushion is decent, Zoom isn’t crazy and does take some breaking in before you really feel the bounce. Traction is average, maybe 7/10… probably forgetting a few things but you probably get the picture by now.

So I love these shoes for their nostalgia factor, but I don’t feel like the Hyperfuse era aged well from a performance standpoint. Yes I can play in them BUT there are so many better modern options every time I reach for them I end up wearing something else. But I don’t have regrets about buying em
Thanks man! They do look heat on feet that’s for sure. I still have some dead stock og bron 4 and 10 and 16 in the closet, might be too risky to play in the 4 and 10s at this point but the 16s should be fine.

The elite taxis actually fit fine to me in my normal size 10, but now you guys got me thinking… is my true size really 9.5 and I’ve just been sizing up for lebrons my whole life? Lol

I’m a 36 year old man now having foot size insecurities smh. It does seem like 9.5 fits me better for lifestyle shoes like Jordan 1 lows.

Wore size 10 in lebron 3s, 9 elite, 10s, 11 was impossible for me to wear in a 10, gave up and returned them. Wore a 10 in the 12s too but couldn’t even fit my damn foot into the lebron 13 so gave up and returned those as well.

Strangely enough I have a pair of og lebron 4s and I had to size down to 9.5 (which may be my true size afterall)

I had a bad perception of my true shoe size for years because back in high school I used to double sock religiously.

I still do it when playing basketball cause the snug fit just feels right. Somehow I was walking around in size 11 shoes.

Now I buy 10 in Nike's and a 9.5 in NB. Idc what anyone says those these new Lebron 9's have more toe room than the OG's.

I had a bad perception of my true shoe size for years because back in high school I used to double sock religiously.

I still do it when playing basketball cause the snug fit just feels right. Somehow I was walking around in size 11 shoes.

Now I buy 10 in Nike's and a 9.5 in NB. Idc what anyone says those these new Lebron 9's have more toe room than the OG's.

I typically always go for 10 in Nike, but I remember wearing 9.5 in the adidas gilzero arenas hoop shoe. Lately it seems 9.5 fits me better in Jordan 1 lows. I put some of them sole to sole with my size 10 Kobe’s and lebrons and they are the same outsole length, lol.

I think those are going for 60-70 on stock x. Thought about getting a pair strictly for hoops - there’s something satisfying about cooking people while wearing ugly discount pairs 😂

I remember back in the day I grabbed a pair of the neon volt dunkman 10s on discount at footlocker and balled out in them until the max zoom popped. Little did I know they were actually heat, I didn’t like the color at the time and got em just because they were $80 lol.

The retros for sure have more room. Putting on my chinas then WTTs do not feel the same.

Did anyone shave the fur off those Chewbacca 9s yet or am I gonna have to buy a pair and do it for the culture???

Honestly kind of want a pair to hoop in, but I’d have to bring it to the barber and get a number 0 on it first.

Nike retro basketball has kinda fell victim to Nikes own current strategy.

Changing gears towards casual sneakers + collabs has basically made Nike retro basketball irrelevant almost across the board... Or at least contributed to it.

Only exception is the Kobe line... And I believe that's largely due to his tragic death.

It's good for us vets that have been waiting for over a decade for some of these releases. But, idk how it will fair for future releases...?

I really wanted the hwc 7s, svsm 8s, champ pack 9 elite, tennis ball elite 9 etc.

Hopefully Nike doesn't slow down, or stop releases due to no hype and big discounts.

Either way, I've learned the hard way to not jump until I see sale prices on any retro Nike bball release.

Imo

Changing gears towards casual sneakers + collabs has basically made Nike retro basketball irrelevant almost across the board... Or at least contributed to it.

Only exception is the Kobe line... And I believe that's largely due to his tragic death.

It's good for us vets that have been waiting for over a decade for some of these releases. But, idk how it will fair for future releases...?

I really wanted the hwc 7s, svsm 8s, champ pack 9 elite, tennis ball elite 9 etc.

Hopefully Nike doesn't slow down, or stop releases due to no hype and big discounts.

Either way, I've learned the hard way to not jump until I see sale prices on any retro Nike bball release.

Imo
I’m glad these retros were off my radar for so long. Definitely going to pick up some at discounts, been checking stock x a lot for the Big Bang’s in size 10, and I actually kind of like the south coasts. Those are about $80 plus fees right now and big bangs 160

Saw the Pink Bear 9s at the outlet for 40% off retail. Wasn't worth it in my opinion. If it was 40% off the 79-99 range, I would've copped for sure!

Houston Premium Outlets in Cypress, TX.

I think they about $70 on stock x before fees. I would buy them for about 60-70 total. Gonna cost $30 to get them buzzed at my next haircut

Imo
Lately my strategy has been waiting for deep disco then doubling up. I’ve doubled up for same as a retail pair on a bunch of retro releases.. I’m not complaining but I don’t know if they’ll keep it up

Back
Top Bottom