Nike Lebron 9 Retro

Lebronald palmers came in the mail. Glad I copped for only 80 bucks.
2B527F2E-AA5B-47EC-8A81-EA986864E84E.jpeg

Late to the party here, but how do the Big Bang’s fit sizing wise? I used to hoop in a pair of 9 elite taxis and my usual size 10 fit well in those. Lot of video reviews say the Big Bang’s fit small and to go up half, for those of you hooping in these (esp with elite socks) did you go true to size?

I went tts no problem. They toebox feels like heaven compared to the lebron 8
You're the first person I've seen say the LeBron 9s toebox feels better than the 8s. I'm not hating, as the 9s are my favorite LeBron ever, I just I remember everyone complaining how tight the 9s were back in the day. Maybe retro to retro the 9s > 8s in comfort.

Still my favorite cushioning set up on a basketball shoe ever.

The elite taxis actually fit fine to me in my normal size 10, but now you guys got me thinking… is my true size really 9.5 and I’ve just been sizing up for lebrons my whole life? Lol

I’m a 36 year old man now having foot size insecurities smh. It does seem like 9.5 fits me better for lifestyle shoes like Jordan 1 lows.

Wore size 10 in lebron 3s, 9 elite, 10s, 11 was impossible for me to wear in a 10, gave up and returned them. Wore a 10 in the 12s too but couldn’t even fit my damn foot into the lebron 13 so gave up and returned those as well.

Strangely enough I have a pair of og lebron 4s and I had to size down to 9.5 (which may be my true size afterall)

I feel like every Nike performance shoe that I wear (Lebron, Kyrie, Kobe, etc) these days run snug width wise…which is fine to me because otherwise I really crank on the laces to get a nice snug fit.

For those of you guys who owned the Elite 9's as well as normal 9s, do they fit the same length and width wise? Sometimes the elite models fit a little different.

Also - did anyone ever buy the Pink regals and trim the damn fur? They are $76 on stock X right now lol.

Mine are going straight to the court so I’ll post some impressions in the next few days.
Did you end up playing in your 9's? Thinking of grabbing a pair to hoop in now that some color ways are really cheap. What size did you get in the 9's compared to models like the lebron 10, 16, and 20?

Recently played in ASG 9 for about two hours after breaking them in casually (around 8 hours) and they felt great to me. I normally play in Brons (4/8/now the 9/10/11/13-17) I do own 18s but laterally they’re not stable enough for me and I own 19s too but the 19s don’t have the bite I need.. would’ve probably been my favorite Bron with good traction but 🤷🏻‍♂️ 6’1 193lbs for reference. The 9 will definitely stay in my rotation. Traction was great on semi dusty floors.
For on court performance, what size did you get in the 9s, and what did you wear in the 10s and 16s and 20s (if you got em?) I wore a 10 in the 9 Elite taxi, 10 in the 10-16 and a 10 in the 20. Not sure if the regular 9s fit the same as the Elite 9s.

For on court performance, what size did you get in the 9s, and what did you wear in the 10s and 16s and 20s (if you got em?) I wore a 10 in the 9 Elite taxi, 10 in the 10-16 and a 10 in the 20. Not sure if the regular 9s fit the same as the Elite 9s.
I think a 10 will be fine then. I went with my true size on all models except the 14, 15, and 16 where I went down a half size. The half size down was good to play in but terrible for casual except the 15. Got a 12 in my 9s and 10s, 11.5 in my 14-16, and now back to 12 in my 20s. If I could go back I would’ve gotten a 12 in every Bron including the ones I sized down in. Went through a phase where I thought my TTS was 11.5 🤦🏻‍♂️

I think a 10 will be fine then. I went with my true size on all models except the 14, 15, and 16 where I went down a half size. The half size down was good to play in but terrible for casual except the 15. Got a 12 in my 9s and 10s, 11.5 in my 14-16, and now back to 12 in my 20s. If I could go back I would’ve gotten a 12 in every Bron including the ones I sized down in. Went through a phase where I thought my TTS was 11.5 🤦🏻‍♂️
Thanks man! 10 is definitely a bit cheaper than 10.5 on SX. Funny you mention that phase. I'm currently wondering if my TTS is a 9.5 lol. I've always worn size 10 in everything, but lately noticed that 10 in jordan 1 lows is a little big on me haha. I guess theres a difference between our "casual shoe size" and our basketball shoe size. I do wear a 9.5 in dress shoes since theres no cushion or padding - maybe that is the real definition of true to size?

And now that you mention it, the 16 does fit a tiny bit long in a size 10. I can see why someone would go down a half size in them. That upper is more forgiving too for slightly wider feet like mine.

Thanks man! 10 is definitely a bit cheaper than 10.5 on SX. Funny you mention that phase. I'm currently wondering if my TTS is a 9.5 lol. I've always worn size 10 in everything, but lately noticed that 10 in jordan 1 lows is a little big on me haha. I guess theres a difference between our "casual shoe size" and our basketball shoe size. I do wear a 9.5 in dress shoes since theres no cushion or padding - maybe that is the real definition of true to size?
No problem. The “real” definition of true size is to measure your foot with something like the Brannock device. That’s what I did back in 2019 and from what I remember my foot was just under 12, so maybe like 11.75. Definitely bigger than the 11.5 I thought I was. Now 12 is my go to for whatever, basketball kicks, casual, soccer cleats, etc. and my kicks have been perfect since.

The Bron 17 was what made me measure my feet. Bought the Man In The Arena color way and Lakers color way in an 11.5. Both killed my feet. Measured my feet since most people said TTS and voila. I also have semi wide feet.

Back
Top Bottom