Nike LeBron IV Retro

Came in today. I love them. Now I'm just waiting for the price drops...

20230924_165622_wm.jpg

Lovely

Did you go true to size?

Still thinking how wild it is these dropped and no one batted an eye. I can only hope other cws get released and get this response.
I think Lebron's biggest fault is that he came too soon after Jordan, no one expected someone like LeBron James to come so quickly after Jordan and achieve all that he has.

I think Lebron's biggest fault is that he came too soon after Jordan, no one expected someone like LeBron James to come so quickly after Jordan and achieve all that he has.
I see your point, but I don't totally agree. I don't necessarily fault Lebron, but in terms of shoes (not his actual on-court game), he had a tough hill to climb from his starting point. Jordan's legacy as a sneaker line and brand was already set, and when Bron came in, we were already on the second wave (and most popular) of Jordan retros. The craze had already taken off. I think Nike tried to do too much too soon with Lebron's line, and I think that ruined it. Instead of letting Lebron's on court success dictate how popular/iconic they can make his sneaker line, Nike came in already with gimmicks and nicknames etc Zoom Generation 1 already had the "first game" cw and nickname out the gate. I get it from their standpoint to capitalize on the hype, especially given Lebron's trajectory and hype up until that point. And to add to that, Jordans were already using non OG colorways that became popular, so when you combine that, plus a potential all-time great player starting out, it makes sense to try and get to that level, but I think it was just too much too soon. There have been so many forgettable Lebron colorways and models over the years, but very few that have been very iconic now we remember the AJ line.

To your point though, Lebron is so good, the timing after Jordan I think is irrelevant because of how good he is. The fact that they're always compared in various arguments is enough to carry popularity in terms of a shoe line. I just think Nike could have done a better job handling his line and tailoring it to him and how his career goes instead of doing a copy/paste of a player who already had a legendary career, but....capitalism and I get the rationale behind the constant blitz of colors/gimmicks.

IMO, the biggest problem over the last decade or so is the players don’t even wear what’s available to buy. So many Jordans are directly tied to what happened on the court because he was wearing the shoe/colorway. I couldn’t even tell you what lebron was wearing when he passed Kareem.

IMO, the biggest problem over the last decade or so is the players don’t even wear what’s available to buy. So many Jordans are directly tied to what happened on the court because he was wearing the shoe/colorway. I couldn’t even tell you what lebron was wearing when he passed Kareem.

this right here

there were too many colorways and limited PE's in the lebron line

also didn't help that he wore soldiers in the playoffs for many years when the majority of the fans would be watching. I was always more hyped on playoff models for the OG jordan line.

Yes sir, however, I'm a horrible person to base your decision off of. I have OCD so my entire collection has to be size 12. I don't care how they fit, I'll only buy a size 12.

Now this is ****in fascinating. So if some pair of LeBron 3s came out (these run smaller than OGs) you been dying for, you’d just let the size 12 sit in your collection instead of buying a 13 and being able to wear them?

The biggest difference with Jordan and any other shoe line is the length’s that JB will reach to tell a story for each and every colorway/shoes. Look how long it took to say wait it was actually the air ships that were banned and how they turned that into a story.. Another part is people in large part don’t remember 2000-2013.. anything outside the last 10 years they don’t remember. They know what skip bayless says happened… but not what actually happened.

Now this is ****in fascinating. So if some pair of LeBron 3s came out (these run smaller than OGs) you been dying for, you’d just let the size 12 sit in your collection instead of buying a 13 and being able to wear them?

Sadly, yes. The most uncomfortable shoes I've EVER worn were my SoleFly 23's. I was warned they fit tight and I should size up, but I couldn't imagine having something other than a size 12 in my collection. Boy did I pay for that stupid decision SMH...

There are a couple non-size 12's in my collection. My Jordan 9 Bibby PE's are size 12 and they hurt when I wore them. When those Patent Bred 9 highs released, I grabbed a 12.5 so I could COMFORTABLY wear them because I knew I was going to wear them every single day for that whole summer. I still think about selling them and buying a used 12 just so I won't have that 12.5 messing up my collection lol.

And I have 3 PE Sheeds that are size 13. One was his personal pair. I'll make an exception for those.

love the conversations everyone,

ill Chime in, I think lebron and his people at nike did his line a dis service when limiting all his nice colorways. SO much more money they could have made with REAL OG lebron heads like myself. and Listen I get keeping 1 or 2 colorways limited. but from the 7's - 10's there WERE SO MANY PE's it was really crazy. Over time people faded like all sense of fashion, and not to mention all everyone wears today are DUNKS and 1's.

It’s too late for the PE’s to save this line. Quite honestly that is all the luster this line has left. Once they released the HWC 8 it became just another Lebron. Same will be said once ( if) Fruity Pebbles release. Good for those of us who still want them. Bad for the legacy….TO ME

When lebron broke the scoring record this past season I was expecting sneakers and apparel. All we got was a T-shirt and hoody with the same exact design.

Huge opportunity lost there for Nike and the LBJ brand

Not sure what sizes left but 40% off with SEPT40

If it was a hot ticket, I'd hop on to resell towards my size.
I'll chill some. Starting to rack up a tab with the plug anyway...

Back
Top Bottom