Nike Lunar Roam

Only got to try them on this morning & took some quick phone pics.

Love them in person, the laces are as interesting as I thought they’d be but they work.

I had a whole long post typed out on my phone with more detail that I’m not redoing (idk the site refreshed & most of the text along with the pics were GONE).

Basically though, if you like them already you’ll LOVE them in person! I’d you’re on the fence, I’m not sure you’ll jump off the fence seeing them in person. If you don’t like them at all I could see you being intrigued with them. They’re nice for sure, for any & everyone, but imo only those of us who want them will love them if that makes sense.

As far as sizing, I’m a 10 in all Nike runners & these are just fine. I could still be tired but I felt like they were slightly more roomy than anything else lunar I had before, but most of that stuff is gone now to directly compare. Definitely wouldn’t move up/down or anything, and it could’ve been the thinner than normal sock I had on also.

Comfort, I didn’t get the bouncy lunar trainer feel from these but they are as light as I remembered loving lunar to be & feel like they’ll be comfortable to wear for a long time. Idk how to tell if they’ll bottom out or anything off the initial feeling, but I distinctly remember my flyknit lunar chukkas having more squish to the midsole in my hand compared to these feeling more firm. Hopefully that retooled lunar is the reason & maybe it’ll help with the bottoming out?

All in all, I wish I was the person to double up because I definitely will want another pair once these start getting messed up, I can’t wait for more colors. I could be wrong about people on the fence not jumping off, but if you like them you’ll absolutely be happy with them.

OH, I’ve seen some comments about running in these…I probably wouldn’t with this specific pair. The lining has a weird matted down finish that would get disgusting after a few sweaty runs. I didn’t tie them tight to judge more but I wouldn’t like them for my runs & I’ve run in lunar models a lot before if that means anything
Only got to try them on this morning & took some quick phone pics.

Love them in person, the laces are as interesting as I thought they’d be but they work.

I had a whole long post typed out on my phone with more detail that I’m not redoing (idk the site refreshed & most of the text along with the pics were GONE).

Basically though, if you like them already you’ll LOVE them in person! I’d you’re on the fence, I’m not sure you’ll jump off the fence seeing them in person. If you don’t like them at all I could see you being intrigued with them. They’re nice for sure, for any & everyone, but imo only those of us who want them will love them if that makes sense.

As far as sizing, I’m a 10 in all Nike runners & these are just fine. I could still be tired but I felt like they were slightly more roomy than anything else lunar I had before, but most of that stuff is gone now to directly compare. Definitely wouldn’t move up/down or anything, and it could’ve been the thinner than normal sock I had on also.

Comfort, I didn’t get the bouncy lunar trainer feel from these but they are as light as I remembered loving lunar to be & feel like they’ll be comfortable to wear for a long time. Idk how to tell if they’ll bottom out or anything off the initial feeling, but I distinctly remember my flyknit lunar chukkas having more squish to the midsole in my hand compared to these feeling more firm. Hopefully that retooled lunar is the reason & maybe it’ll help with the bottoming out?

All in all, I wish I was the person to double up because I definitely will want another pair once these start getting messed up, I can’t wait for more colors. I could be wrong about people on the fence not jumping off, but if you like them you’ll absolutely be happy with them.

OH, I’ve seen some comments about running in these…I probably wouldn’t with this specific pair. The lining has a weird matted down finish that would get disgusting after a few sweaty runs. I didn’t tie them tight to judge more but I wouldn’t like them for my runs & I’ve run in lunar models a lot before if that means anything
mine still preparing shipment on Nike. Guess I won’t get it til after Xmas

I like these A LOT. Remind me of the Seat Pleasant KD's. Nike is also really doing a good job on the promo for these, if it was just a plain regular release it woudnt be as big of a deal. A lot of good shoes go under the radar.

I'm so tempted to buy a pair. Got me feeling like its 2012 all over again. I had 3 pairs of Lunar models.

2 Lunarglides and the OG Hyperdunks

1703307278675.png

1703307405019.png

1703307558575.png

Man, those shoes were nice

mine still preparing shipment on Nike. Guess I won’t get it til after Xmas
Yea these took a lot longer to ship from Nike for some reason, even for current traffic. I ordered the black foamposites on the 12th & these on the 13th, but the foams got to me last Friday after being delayed, while these got to me Wednesday.

And didn’t show any movement at all with Nike until Monday

We had Christmas this morning since I have to work on Christmas weekend… my wife wrapped them up for me and the kids tore it open.

I really like them! My TTS is a 9, and these are a 9.5. I think the 9 would have been perfect, as these are a tiny bit big. Not a huge deal though. The toebox doesn’t seem very wide, so these should work out!

The color way is fantastic. It’s a bit muted, and the upper is more of a cream than I expected. They look fantastic in person though. Can’t wait to get more.

image.jpg

Yall making me want to cop. Something about that color way is really nice.

Loved the OG Lunar models with my favorite being the LunarEclipse.

I'm so tempted to buy a pair. Got me feeling like its 2012 all over again. I had 3 pairs of Lunar models.

2 Lunarglides and the OG Hyperdunks

1703307278675.png

1703307405019.png

1703307558575.png

Man, those shoes were nice
LOVED hooping in the hyperdunks. I had the Blake Griffin CW and the Oregon Duck CW years ago.

Got mine and they're slightly too big. I should have went with my Nike running size instead of airmax size. Luckily I think I found a size 11 to replace my 12.

Got mine in today. Love them, used to love my old lunar eclipse back in 2011. Still wear my volt/grey to mow my lawn. Anyone have any idea on other colors. Not sure they could improve on the first but would love to cop others.
PXL_20231226_220453296.jpg

Man, y'all got me reminiscing about good ol Lunar.

I got a good bunch of OG Lunar shoes, Lunartrainer, Lunarglide 1, 5, 6 Shield, OG Lunar TR1 and the 2nd edition. I actually have 7 pairs of the OG Lunar TR1, I liked em that much.

In that last pic of the Trainers, I tried to focus in because the midsole says "Lunarlite," that is how old they are! I like how Nike kept the design language of the wavy midsole, that is a very distinct feature of the Lunars and the Roams look great. Cannot wait to get a pair of these in a different CW!

1000007377.jpg
1000007378.jpg
1000007379.jpg
1000007381.jpg

Back
Top Bottom