Nike Lunarcharge Thread: Wide release 02/04/17

Anyone look at the size stamp under the insole? Does it match with the actual size of your shoe?

My 10.5 shoe says 10 on the heel, I'm thinking I've been squeezing my feet into a shoe wrongly sized this whole time lol

View media item 2251193View media item 2251194
I guess Champs had some type of event for LC, Khaled and Fab in attendance. Can we start to expect the hype train? You think it's a good thing? I just hope it gives us some dope CW if it is the case...

Don't think that hype train is ever coming. Well not as long as the hypebeasts are out there buying the same pair of ultra boosts and NMDs over and over again :lol:

lol I wonder if the UB are really all that never tried a pair myself but LC are plenty comfortable imo.

yeah hype isnt gunna be on these right now, too many hypebeats are blinded by adidas. But rightfully so, those releases are only picking up and its like you dont even have time to look at other brands.

plus we're at a time where people want to hate on Nike just because.

Last edited:
Ultra boosts are a great shoe, love them. But I absolutely hate adidas/Yeezy stans and how toxic the adidas hype train has made sneaker "culture". If you were to go off of the hype you'd think that there was never a comfortable shoe to release before or after the UB in any other brand. people swear up and down that boost is the best tech in the world but there are plenty of full boost shoes that offer similar/comparable levels of comfort to the the UB that have zero hype whatsoever. Not to mention tons more in Y-3. It. Gets Impossible to have objective conversations about shoes now a days because so many people have bitten the hype. I was on a run of buying and wearing various runners for a decent amount of time before the UBs got big. Jumped on huaraches, jumped on sock darts, jumped on prestos, jumped on pure boosts/rocket boosts all before I got my UBs. Got a few pairs, and love them. definitely high level comfort. But they don't by any means blow any of them out of the water in terms of comfort by the degree a lot of people are claiming they do. Maybe I can make that judgement because I didn't jump right from Jordan's to ultra boosts that I assume a lot of people did. But to me it seems pretty clear than UB are selling the way they do still has a large part to do with hype.

I'm right with you, they turn me off to Adidas and I like what Adidas has done but because of Kanye, they MUST hate all other brands

they are brainwashed, it's strange that people worship Yeezy like they do

I'm right with you, they turn me off to Adidas and I like what Adidas has done but because of Kanye, they MUST hate all other brands

they are brainwashed, it's strange that people worship Yeezy like they do

I'm not turned off to the brand, I love adidas and what they do. I just limit my participation in adidas discussions and don't focus my attention on one brand and and 2-3 models like a lot of adidas heads do. At the end of the day they're not doing themselves justice by being so closed minded. I look at people post their ultra boost collections or their nmd collections and it's crazy how how essentially people's collections consist of blocks of the same color ways with incredibly slight variations.

How many collections you seeing now A days that do t consists of just some form of Yeezy boosts, ultra boosts, NMDs, and Jordan 1s? :lol:

Last edited:
I'm really disappointed that all of u guys are having issues w/ the achilles/heel fit on these. Was looking forward to the black ones, but I'm not buying them if they're not comfortable. I don't plan on trying to wear thick high socks w/ these just so I can put them on.

Oddly, I've had a lot of issues with achilles/heel rubbing more often on recent Nikes - the jordan 30s, 29 lows, hyperKOs, and even with more casual running shoes - the roshe runs (before they broke in), and the flyknit lunar 1s. I've experienced this with only a few shoes before - just the Jordan 5s and 10s, but it feels like this is happening to me more and more often with newer releases.

I have flat feet, so maybe it's just a problem unique to me, but if other ppl with more normal ankle/feet are complaining there's no way i can wear these lunar charges.

I'm not turned off to the brand, I love adidas and what they do. I just limit my participation in adidas discussions and don't focus my attention on one brand and and 2-3 models like a lot of adidas heads do. At the end of the day they're not doing themselves justice by being so closed minded. I look at people post their ultra boost collections or their nmd collections and it's crazy how how essentially people's collections consist of blocks of the same color ways with incredibly slight variations.

How many collections you seeing now A days that do t consists of just some form of Yeezy boosts, ultra boosts, NMDs, and Jordan 1s? :lol:

That's pretty much all it is :lol:

I'm really disappointed that all of u guys are having issues w/ the achilles/heel fit on these. Was looking forward to the black ones, but I'm not buying them if they're not comfortable. I don't plan on trying to wear thick high socks w/ these just so I can put them on.

Oddly, I've had a lot of issues with achilles/heel rubbing more often on recent Nikes - the jordan 30s, 29 lows, hyperKOs, and even with more casual running shoes - the roshe runs (before they broke in), and the flyknit lunar 1s. I've experienced this with only a few shoes before - just the Jordan 5s and 10s, but it feels like this is happening to me more and more often with newer releases.

I have flat feet, so maybe it's just a problem unique to me, but if other ppl with more normal ankle/feet are complaining there's no way i can wear these lunar charges.
Yeah I'm very disappointed with the Achilles/heel issue I'm having with the Lunarcharge. I was really excited for them as I love the Lunarepics, but sadly their uppers just don't compare comfort wise due to the ankle heel fit. I'm still going to get the all blacks when they release to try a half a size larger (1 full size up from TTS) to see if that helps the heel issue, but sadly I'm not sure how much it will really help. I have a fairly narrow high arched foot, so it's not just a flat foot issue with the Achilles rubbing. I don't experience this with the Lunarepics at all though.

It's crazy how Nike could have had an amazing shoe here with the Lunarcharge had the ankle collar been more relaxed/socklike and not sharply angled inward towards the heel/ankle and unpadded which causes rubbing. Hopefully Nike will realize this and make this slight change/improvement in the model in the not so distant future.

Last edited:
Would love to love the LCs, but unfortunately, the sizing seems whack (Too short) and the achilles problem that you all have mentioned. But I really think the OG CW is dope and I was looking for a shoe to displace UBs as my go to shoes for normal walking activities. Everyone is wearing UBs and LCs seemed a good alternative.

I only still run in my FK racers and Free 3.0s, UBs is good walking shoe but running in it is killing my knees as it's too squishy and the I think it's pretty heavy after 3KM. 

As for the excessive hype and crazy collections, guess it's inevitable given that at this point in time, Nike do not have an answer to Boost Technology at least to most of the Hypebeasts. Over in my country now, kids are queueing up for every NMD/UB/Yeezy release as it's the holidays and reselling it like mad. No chance for me to cop except to buy resell....SMH 

Last edited:
man, frenchbreadbuilds frenchbreadbuilds we are absolutely on the same page here, i agree with everything you said there.

While I do have about 10-12 UBs, only 3 NMDs. I also have a MUCH bigger selection of NB 998s (which to me are right up there in terms of overall comfort with any shoe) and all other brands.

now as for this achilles issue, I still cant speak to a half size up as I havent worn mine yet, but the problem i was having with my TTS will deter me from more colorways.

I'm in for more, not mad at them and my half size up is fine. Plus at $120 I think that's a good deal.

Just some thoughts...

First off, for anyone with Lunarepics, you'll want to go a half size up from your Epics. If you don't own Epics, I would recommend going a full size up. Some people find the Lunarepics to be tight in the toebox, and it's even tighter in the LunarCharge.

The two issues you'll notice are the aforementioned toe box, and the heel. The toe box really isn't that big of an issue, especially if you size a full size up. I went a half size up and didn't have any issues. Some people with wider feet may have fit issues with toe box.

But the downfall of this shoe, like so many people have mentioned, is the heel. A half size up and I still experienced the heel issues. It can be very restricting, and I felt it beggining to chafe after the first 2 hours or so. And that was with a normal Hanes low cut sock and none of that thin sock crap. If your sock falls down and it's shoe on skin, you'll instantly notice it on these shoes and want to fix it immediately.

Definitely not an all day shoe like the Lunarepics.

I'll probably snag a pair of the Olives in a full size up to see if it resolves the heel issue. If it doesn't, I won't be buying any more pairs unless they fix the heel issue.

man, frenchbreadbuilds frenchbreadbuilds we are absolutely on the same page here, i agree with everything you said there.

While I do have about 10-12 UBs, only 3 NMDs. I also have a MUCH bigger selection of NB 998s (which to me are right up there in terms of overall comfort with any shoe) and all other brands.

now as for this achilles issue, I still cant speak to a half size up as I havent worn mine yet, but the problem i was having with my TTS will deter me from more colorways.

I own ultra boosts too and I love every pair I have. But I also own y-3 retro boosts and I'd be lying if I said I could notice any measurable differences in comfort even between the primeknit upper vs the neoprene upper. And that's not a **** at either shoe. It's those bogus adidas stans that will talk put the down the alpha bounces saying they're not comfortable and then go after every single hyped Jordan 1 release using comfort as a justification. Just a bunch thinly veiled hypebeastism and temporary brand loyalty.

Back
Top Bottom