Nike Mac Attack - McEnroes forgotten gem

I’m not a fan of Mac and I hate tennis.

And I still wanted the shoe because it’s a cool old school lookin shoe/retro 🤷‍♂️ nice colorway too.
That's fine. I can understand where you're coming from.

You don't have to be a fan of the sport to enjoy these shoes.

But the majority of the people who wanted the Mac Attacks are tennis players (former or current) and fans of the game.

This reminds me of when the hot lava ATC 2s dropped in 2014. They threw a QS on the label for that too and even with being 10th in line at the Nike store I couldn't get a 12 or 12.5.
Then remember the wide second release of them a month later 😀 although those vanilla rotten tomatoes weren't worth it.

Coming from where I’m from, tennis was a lot like baseball, you enjoy the other view of it once you’ve experienced it. Playing baseball made watching it tolerable. Coming up in a black urban community, tennis wasn’t pushed, unfortunately. I just happen to get that one PE teacher that tried to. Surprisingly it was very fun to play!! Never got deep into the sport, though. I have managed to catch some memorable play live. I don’t know much about McEnroe nor the Mac Attacks, but love the vintage look of the shoe. I was unborn and between the age of 1 at the peak of McEnroe's career. I’m just hoping the success of such a sneaker leads to Nike digging more into the archives. I hate that some of you who actually had a pair or experienced Mac play in ‘em couldn’t get a pair. Believe me, they drop the true Urban Jungle Air Raids and I miss out, somebody might get hurt. Ion care if resale only $30 over lol.

I hate that some of you who actually had a pair or experienced Mac play in ‘em couldn’t get a pair.
That’s nice of you to say. It’s disappointing and a letdown for sure. Mac is a legend of the game and there was nothing better than watching him in the big tournaments. He certainly was must watch tennis and the reason I loved watching tennis so much. I’m hoping a little bit of patience will secure this OG pair. I gotta have it.

That’s nice of you to say. It’s disappointing and a letdown for sure. Mac is a legend of the game and there was nothing better than watching him in the big tournaments. He certainly was must watch tennis and the reason I loved watching tennis so much. I’m hoping a little bit of patience will secure this OG pair. I gotta have it.
Mac - Borg was such a huge part of my childhood , the only A I ever got in college was tennis 😂

According to US11, it seems like the red one is also labeled as “QS” & “SP”

1238584287_seinfeld_had_enough.gif

Yea, from what I’m hearing, being a Team Widefoot captain, I’ll go .5 up if I ever get another chance to cop 😅
That's basically impossible for me because half up is 12.5 so even if Nike restocks there will be like 10 pairs in that size.
I'm worried 13 will be too big. Might be a pair that i just can't have because of my odd foot sizing.

NDC pics
FB8938-100

e76885c8cd91c69104bb1024c0c6cdd3_1687582323.jpeg

bbee59bda1f58cee837f4cd83a30fb95_1687582318.jpeg

d66027f548b72d330892673d8fbde762_1687582320.jpeg

d504179216a1757451bdad4171e169ed_1687582321.jpeg

c6faa2dd4a695b365dd836a54ccd15ab_1687582324.jpeg

bbe69e4f2c1db2aefbc4899650691e02_1687582324.jpeg

7832689dbfba71182702e3de865ac271_1687582325.jpeg
These are nice but not doing much for me. I would pass at retail but consider if they were discounted. Still hoping the OG gray drops in price or restock.

I disagree. This was a well executed release. If no hype is built then they sit. A sellout is a success. And they didn’t purposely lure resellers, they don’t control the sites. Let the young kids rock em, let the young kids make a few bucks. At the same time yall act like every single pair was botted when there were hella people that wanted em that were able to get em in store in person successfully.
I’m glad Travis was part of the roll out. Now we just need more colorways 🔥 🌵🌵
You’re fam but thumbs down 👎 lol
I’m not a fan of Mac and I hate tennis.

And I still wanted the shoe because it’s a cool old school lookin shoe/retro 🤷‍♂️ nice colorway too.
Your takes just keep getting worse but okay lol

Only ones I liked were those white red joints , but if it's a darker red than I'm out , would prefer a big bubble type red

I tried on a 10.5 (my tts) in store a bit ago, and while I fit, they were pretty dang snug. Woulda loved to try an 11, but they didn’t have any. Ended up passing because I figured the snugness might end up hurting my feet after a while. Would rather have a little extra room than it being 1:1.

I tried on a 10.5 (my tts) in store a bit ago, and while I fit, they were pretty dang snug. Woulda loved to try an 11, but they didn’t have any. Ended up passing because I figured the snugness might end up hurting my feet after a while. Would rather have a little extra room than it being 1:1.

Thank you for sharing that info! 👍

I am also a size 10.5.

I think if I end up buying these shoes, I'm going to go after the size 11.

What store still had them?

Back
Top Bottom