NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

LuLu is as much of the "uniform" as board shorts, at least in SoCal. I'm a Nike guy, and was in Nike Frees in the beginning but I felt unstable squatting (I would wear Vans). Switched to NB Minimus and they only lasted a month. Caved in and bought Nanos, no regrets. The only shoe that can handle rope climbs like Nanos is the MetCon. Even then, Nanos feel better when rope climbing.
At my box in SoCal I'm the only guy wearing lulu and Metcon's. I'm a Nike guy too, but I didn't think WOD'ing in my Nike running shorts would be a good look, especially when the women members might be facing me during squats. 

I remember my first day doing CF wearing Nike Free's and the insole ended up sliding up the side of my shoes and I had to stop twice to untie my shoes and fix the insole. Messed up my TIME! LOL After that I went and bought some Minimus.

Just got order confirmation on a a pair of Frasers from FNL. Really excited to get them. How long did it take you guys to get a shipping confirmation from FNL after your order confirmation? Thanks.
Usually within 24 hours, at least in my experience.  Only downside is that FNL uses UPS Surepost for free shipping.  Slow shipping to CA and USPS isn't too reliable (compared to Fed Ex and UPS) in my area.

yea placed my order yesterday morning at 10:30, used a $15 off coupon i had from my romaleos, added 1 day shipping, and literally got out of bed to get these at the door this morning. think they came out to $125 total

Need to see them in person but I'm starting to like the RWB better than the Frasers. And I concur on the vapor wovens I have four pairs now and they are the best workout shorts Nike has out IMO.

Anybody want to help me out with what replacement laces length you're getting? I'm ordering a pair from RLS and wear a size 10. Thanks

Who's getting after some Hero WODs this weekend?  Just got back from doing "Zembiac" in my Camo's.

5 rounds for time of:
11 back squats, 185 lb. (from ground)
7 strict burpee pull-ups
400-meter run

19:53

In honor of U.S. Marine Corps Major Douglas A. Zembiec, 34, of Albuquerque, New Mexico.

Still love how stable these feel on lifts and still feel good on runs too.  Wish I'd had my RWBs for this, should've gone overnight shipping!

Last edited:

Who's getting after some Hero WODs this weekend?  Just got back from doing "Zembiac" in my Camo's.

5 rounds for time of:
11 back squats, 185 lb. (from ground)
7 strict burpee pull-ups
400-meter run

19:53

Still love how stable these feel on lifts and still feel good on runs too.  Wish I'd had my RWBs for this, should've gone overnight shipping!
We did

Dae Han (Time)

3 Rounds for time of:
Run 800m with a 45# barbell or sandbag med ball
3 Rope Climbs, 15'
12 Thruster, 135#/95#

In honor of U.S. Army Sergeant First Class Dae Han Park, 36, of Watertown, Connecticut, died on March 12, 2011

These RWBs are by far my favorite.  I also have the camos, grey gums and lava reds.  I like them so much I am thinking about ordering another pair to have as a backup.

damnit did not need to see pics of the RWB :lol: was suppose to be finished with the metcon until the 2s drop

2h3sch4.png

BIG difference in doing x-fit in these compared to my free runs :lol:

Gonna miss out on the hero workout tomorrow, but this morning was a killer.

4 Rounds

400m run/row

15 American KB swings 53/35rx, 35/25

3 Rope Climbs/ 9 pull ups (strict) & 9 dips
(scale pull ups so that you can perform the movement strict.)

damnit did not need to see pics of the RWB :lol: was suppose to be finished with the metcon until the 2s drop

I feel you fambs. Once I get the invictus pair in I gotta put some blinders on Those Fraisers and grey/orange are calling my name though :lol:

Last edited:
I feel you fambs. Once I get the invictus pair in I gotta put some blinders on Those Fraisers and grey/orange are calling my name though
laugh.gif
i told myself the OGs and Invictus.

The Bae PEs and Frasers are calling me name doe

Vapors are ridiculous!

I got rid of all my Lululemons because of them. That's all I wear now.

Vapors>LuLu's???
Yeah definitely.

The Vapors dont hold in sweat like the lulus do. I remember I would finish doing 30 minute wods and the lulus would be heavy, drenched in sweat. The Vapors are way lighter and water jumps off them as soon as it hits. They are also made with a material much tougher than any lulu I've bought.

BEst thing about it is that they're nike. Eventually all type of Nike material hits the outlet or their sale online. They have some colors of vaporson NDC right now on sale.

Anyone with vapors offer some sizing recommendations?   I wear a M in nike fly shorts, I can wear 32 or 34 redline shorts but prefer 34.  I wear a large in most UA shorts. Wear 33 waist Levis.  I just dont feel like returning them, any help appreciated.

Anyone with vapors offer some sizing recommendations?   I wear a M in nike fly shorts, I can wear 32 or 34 redline shorts but prefer 34.  I wear a large in most UA shorts. Wear 33 waist Levis.  I just dont feel like returning them, any help appreciated.

I'd go large.. im a 32" in the redline shorts and went medium on the vapor woven shorts.. They are not your typical Nike baggy shorts which I like.. Kind of snug actually..

I'll bet a large would be the fit for you.. Good luck, you'll love them..

Last edited:
I'd go large.. im a 32" in the redline shorts and went medium on the vapor woven shorts.. They are not your typical Nike baggy shorts which I like..

I'll bet a large would be the fit for you.. Good luck, you'll love them..

Any one have a pic of the black/grey or the grey/volt? Also anyone seen the RWB in an 8.5 anywhere? I'm only seeing those start at a 9

Back
Top Bottom