NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

After doing and redoing 15.2 aka 14.2 in my Metcons I think I've officially negated the need for my lifters. These work perfectly, and I performed overhead squats just as well as I would in my Oly lifter shoes (not that that's very well, but better than I could have performed in Nanos).

Speaking of 15.2......how did everyone do?? My score was 111. I know it's not impressive but I got 31 reps on 14.2 last year so I was happy as hell with my progress. Lol

I did 120 this yr, rx. Last yr I did 120 with the girl's weight lmao

Good job! I'm thinking about trying it again. I needed 5 more pull-ups to get back to the 2nd set of 14 OHS. I think I can get there, but I don't want to tear my hands up either. Lol

I'm not redoing mine. The calluses on my hands feel tender. It would hurt just to hold on to the pull up bar.

Lol I only got 86 RX, but up from my score of 22 last year so I can dig it. Really wish I could have moved into the next round, but I've already done it twice.

Lol I only got 86 RX, but up from my score of 22 last year so I can dig it. Really wish I could have moved into the next round, but I've already done it twice.

That's a big increase......good job. I'm just glad that t2b and c2b are out of the way. Those are my two biggest weaknesses. I wish Castro would give me some damn double unders already. Lol

I got 106, last year I got 74.. Thinking about re doing it tomorrow! For you guys with ripped hands, hopefully U guys are shaving down your calluses with a ped egg! And if you rip, use WOD lotion, your ripped hands will heal 5x faster!

I got 124 RX this year. I didn't do it last year though. I wanted to do it again tomorrow, but i got rocked at my soccer game earlier and my shin isn't feeling the greatest. We will see how i feel tomorrow afternoon.  

I got 172, 10 worse than last year. Pretty bummed about that, but still holding onto the high of my 337# cj on 15.1A

I got 172, 10 worse than last year. Pretty bummed about that, but still holding onto the high of my 337# cj on 15.1A

Damn, you killed it man! And 337 is sick.....my 1rm c&j is 265. I'm just hoping to get to 300 one day. Lol

Damn, that blows. At least complain to the chat rep and see if you can get a discount or coupon out of it.

What happened with this shoe, did Nike oversell and there is not enough product (at this time) to get to all of the retailers?

Who knows. None of us work for Nike. It could be the recent weather and logistics issues.

Or maybe they're gauging the market for demand. It's hard to tell.

That's crazy. Pretty impressive.

I know someone who got 192 on 15.2 but his best clean and jerk is only 295

View media item 1438720
My Anthracite pair came in from Rogue today. The construction on these feel pretty solid, I think they'll hold up pretty well over time. I went TTS and just wearing them around my apartment the fit is on point. I don't seem to feel any heel slippage or any pinching anywhere. The only concern I have is the thickness of the insole. I didn't realize they were more like a drop-in midsole than a well-cushioned insole. I found it interesting that they indicated the 4mm heel drop on the bottom of the insoles. I've never seen that on a shoe before. I'll see how they feel when I hit the gym after class tonight. I'll be squatting heavy and doing some cardio as well. I'm looking forward to trying these out. Detailed pics in spoiler

Last edited:
im thinking of joining crossfit it seems pricey but i think its worth it. Congrats on those metcons i think ima take the plunge this week.

im thinking of joining crossfit it seems pricey but i think its worth it. Congrats on those metcons i think ima take the plunge this week.
It will really be a great decision. I was skeptical at first but I'm really glad I joined. It's been a great 1.5 years with what im sure will be many more to come.

Back
Top Bottom