NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

im thinking of joining crossfit it seems pricey but i think its worth it. Congrats on those metcons i think ima take the plunge this week.

I think you'd enjoy it. It was easily one of the best decisions I've ever made. I don't know your fitness background but if you're unsure because your not sure you can do it, trust me, you can.

When I started 3 years ago I was 5'9 and View media item 1439381320 lbs and hadn't exercised in years. I couldn't even do 10 push ups, but I just stuck with and did what I could each day. Now, I'm around 210 and can rx most wods (screw muscle ups) lol. It's changed my life completely. I would recommend it to anyone.

mu33 mu33 good work on that transformation!

I worked out in the Metcons and they felt pretty good except when I was running. I won't hold that against the shoes though because I'm pretty flat footed and I hate running anyway. They were very stable during my squats too. A friend invited me to join him in a pickup game of basketball and they worked pretty well. Great traction and they fit like a glove.

EDIT: Forgot to mention someone dropped a plate on my toe and there's no visible damage to the shoe. I "ran" for about 20 minutes then lifted for about an hour. Then I played a pickup game of basketball. The shoes still look brand new.

Last edited:
It will really be a great decision. I was skeptical at first but I'm really glad I joined. It's been a great 1.5 years with what im sure will be many more to come.

I think you'd enjoy it. It was easily one of the best decisions I've ever made. I don't know your fitness background but if you're unsure because your not sure you can do it, trust me, you can.

When I started 3 years ago I was 5'9 and View media item 1439381320 lbs and hadn't exercised in years. I couldn't even do 10 push ups, but I just stuck with and did what I could each day. Now, I'm around 210 and can rx most wods (screw muscle ups) lol. It's changed my life completely. I would recommend it to anyone.

Thank you gents fpr the encouraging words. And mu33 my hat off to you for ypur hard work and dedication. I look fwd to checking it out. Might bring my girl with me to tje training classes tp see jow sje likes ot. Im here in the bay and there are a few gyms i can check out.

Any recommendations on selecting the right one? There's a spot here called oneworld fitness they're the cost to me

Last edited:
mu33 mu33 good work on that transformation!

I worked out in the Metcons and they felt pretty good except when I was running. I won't hold that against the shoes though because I'm pretty flat footed and I hate running anyway. They were very stable during my squats too. A friend invited me to join him in a pickup game of basketball and they worked pretty well. Great traction and they fit like a glove.

I have flat feet too. And have 0 plans to run in them except for laps around a quarter mile or sprints. They're a solid trainer.

I love the sole but haven't tried to test the traction. Probably try to do suicides in them.

Nice photos btw.

Monstar, where are in the Bay Area are u located? If the east bay, I recommend Crossfit of Fremont. We have a proven program that works! www.crossfitoffremont.com. Let me know if you have any questions.
Im in union city do you work there? Please shoot me a pm i was gonna check either them out or try the one here in union city that i mentioned.

Do you guys have a weekly class for beginners. Ahh to many questions ill look at the site. Haha

^^^The pic of the volt CW was up for a while

And it said below it "more colors available"
So considering my footlocker order for the orange and grey was completely cancelled i am going to assume that colorway isn't going to be stocked and we will have volt and all black

I am going to try to head down there after work and check i will grab a pair and post pics if they have them

What colors did they have in stock? If i call will they hold a pair for me you think?

They have the black and volt. I called when they opened at 9 and they held them behind the counter. This is the rockville store not gaithersburg. Gaithersburg doesn't have them.

Back
Top Bottom