NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

My pair doesn't have speckles...? I'm missing something?

Anyways, fresh you are still the friggin man. Thanks for putting in work. And yeah, I've been done with FNL/EB/Champs for a while now. I still collect some non-WOD shoes and those shmucks don't deserve money with the terrible inventory/customer service system they have. Been burned too many times.

I did it myself
laugh.gif
they look amazing, great job! maybe the Metcon 2 will have more cool features like this. 

4 years next month, totally changed my life and I still love it as much as the first day it kicked my ***.
3 months and counting here
I have been off and on for about 2 years, i have been fully dedicated for about the last 6 months though... only 4-5 days a week but its a great lunch break!  ( We have a box here next to our corporate fitness center) ... and a dedicated coach.

Finally got these bad boys in from Momentum
Did you get yours from TX?  the reason i'm asking is that my box is like that also!!!! They just wrapped some wrapping paper around the box.

More details on how you did the sole?

Last edited:
Finally got these bad boys in from Momentum

View media item 1472102
Did you get yours from TX?  the reason i'm asking is that my box is like that also!!!! They just wrapped some wrapping paper around the box.

More details on how you did the sole?

yup, just wrapped the box in butcher paper :smh:

you just need some masking tape, angelus paint in the color of your choice and a toothbrush. Dip the toothbrush in said paint and run your finger over it...and you got speckles

Last edited:
wore my metcons for a day already and noticed that my right shoe's insole has 4 air bubbles in it on top wtf..
i noticed that on my volts also before i even put them on, the lining probably wasnt glued properly on the insole. Im sure it wont affect the performace of the shoe. Also of the 3 pairs i have the lavas, blacks, and the volts the volts seem to have issues with extra glue on the midsole and a blemish on the right toebox. anyone else notice this on the volts

I have been off and on for about 2 years, i have been fully dedicated for about the last 6 months though... only 4-5 days a week but its a great lunch break!  ( We have a box here next to our corporate fitness center) ... and a dedicated coach.
Nice! I wish my box ran classes during lunch hours, I have to settle for LA fitness during lunch breaks then hit the WOD after work.  I can't do morning WODs, body just doesnt cooperate.

yup, just wrapped the box in butcher paper
mean.gif

you just need some masking tape, angelus paint in the color of your choice and a toothbrush. Dip the toothbrush in said paint and run your finger over it...and you got speckles
looks hella clean.  Did you also speckle the bottom of the shoe or just the sides?  So you just masking taped around the shoe and started speckling away?

yup, just wrapped the box in butcher paper :smh:

looks hella clean.  Did you also speckle the bottom of the shoe or just the sides?  So you just masking taped around the shoe and started speckling away?

yup, just tape up the shoe so it's covered and speckle away. mainly just the sides, although the bottoms catch a little of it

i noticed that on my volts also before i even put them on, the lining probably wasnt glued properly on the insole. Im sure it wont affect the performace of the shoe. Also of the 3 pairs i have the lavas, blacks, and the volts the volts seem to have issues with extra glue on the midsole and a blemish on the right toebox. anyone else notice this on the volts

The first two pairs I got had problems with the extra glue but not on the midsole. First pair that I took back and sized down had glue residue on the fabric of the toe, while the second pair that I got from Rogue had glue residue on both inside heels. I took a good look at the shoes too before I wore them but the glue wasn't noticeable until after my first time wearing them. The friction must have made it appear. Unfortunately Rogue wouldn't take this pair back because I had already worn them.

View media item 1472230

Doesn't look too bad here, but in person it looks a lot worse

Last edited:
Finally received my tracking number from Rogue on my Camo's, going to be good to have these in the WOD rotation.

Have people gone true to size on these?

I order my first pair today, the daring red.

For reference should i go same size as Flyknit lunar 3 and Flyknit Racer which I consider to be fairly true to size/.5 small, or go half size down?

Thanks

Have people gone true to size on these?

I order my first pair today, the daring red.

For reference should i go same size as Flyknit lunar 3 and Flyknit Racer which I consider to be fairly true to size/.5 small, or go half size down?

Thanks
 I am a true 9.5, i wear 10 in racer and trainer, i wear a 9.5 in metcons, so i would say TTS-  IMO 

Back
Top Bottom