NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

Hey all,

Been using my Amplify(ie)s from NT Atlanta for the past couple of days now. I also just got my Game Royals from Finishline in the mail today and looking forward to working out in them tomorrow.

1. Both are true-to-size (10.5) for me and they fit great albeit a smidge of "heel slippage".

No blisters though and definitely not enough for me to consider sizing down to 10. 

2. I've worn 2 types of socks with them, Swift Wick (thin) and some older Asics running socks (thicker than Swift Wick) and either one feels good.

3. Running in them feels more comfortable than my old Nano 3s plus they feel much more secure and stable as well throughout the WODs/drills I've done (movements have included single-unders, wall-walks, lunges, burpees, heavy squats, sprints and push presses). Only thing I've noticed is that they feel much warmer and less ventilated than my Nano 3s.

I think I should stop for now! 2 shoes for working out definitely is enough for a non-sneakerhead like me. Thanks again all for helping me get these 2 pairs.

Happy hunting and CrossFit-ing!

Last edited:
just got my game royals today. wanted to compare them to the reds. IMO the reds have more flavor. the blues kinda look like a typical training sneaker so probably going back. camos are still my fav. 

got them all in a 10.5 and they fit pretty good with the reds feeling slightly less snug.

View media item 1493756
i love the metcons and all, but my go-to are the 3.0 v3's. they colors they have out are fire!!

Last edited:
Down here in Texas for a few more days, got the chance to visit 411crossfit in Devine TX.. Had an amazing time and re ripped my hands open lol...

On to the reason I logged in... Camos will be live tomorrow at 10am

OG grey/Volts will go live next week for sure...

-fresh

Down here in Texas for a few more days, got the chance to visit 411crossfit in Devine TX.. Had an amazing time and re ripped my hands open lol...

On to the reason I logged in... Camos will be live tomorrow at 10am

OG grey/Volts will go live next week for sure...

-fresh

Where at?

Fresh, what sizes are you going to have in the camos? looking for womens 6.5 in anything other than the black

Yeah so irritating. I bought one shoe and it didn't fit right. It was a hard to find size, which was size 6 womens. I put it up on Ebay starting at regular cost of $119, but the big went up to 192, I got lucky but I would never intentionally try to make money off them, was just trying to get what I paid for them

Fresh, you mentioned that FNL would be dropping a metallic silver/black version. are these different from the anthracite blacks? when's the eta?

Hey all, just joined up.

I got a pair of Dove Grey Total Orange and they're half a size bigger than other nikes I've worn, so now back to looking for a 7 in anything. LOVE them but I want a better fit.

The heel feels narrower, so I felt locked in more on squats. They're not weightlifting shoes but they're better than nanos.

Last edited:
Amazing!!!! On Monday, I did a beep test in them no problem. Tuesday I did touch and go clean & jerks, as well as Split jerks, I tied my own PR. Yesterday I front squatted in them, and felt amazing. After that I Pr'd fran by a minute. I have tried every Nano out there, and nothing touches the metcon. 

Back
Top Bottom