NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

If there's a problem with the mesh like that guy had and you call NIKE does it matter if you bought them from NIke.com or any other site? I know if the air unit in an airmax pops they'll replace it no matter what.

Rodrigo any idea if FNL will release any in size 7? The OG Volts / Camo were 8s on up and the Orange in 7.5.

I dont think this was set to release at retail, just a box / friends & family edition. 

Email just hit from Incvictus saying pairs will be available for preorder. Wonder how many will hit the street.

Has anyone heard anything more about a super limited pair hitting just before the CrossFit Games? My bet is that it'll be the 3m pair and the beasts will see to it that very few, if any, ever see the inside of a gym.

@fresh....PRAYING for size 7 in both of these new color ways (fingers crossed).  Grey/gum has grown on me and the Persians look amazing!

Last edited:
Maybe this will help you out.  Im very particular about how my shoes fit for working out.  Heres a list of what I wear in various shoes, and all fit relatively the same:

Nike Free Trainer 5.0 V5 - 9.5 (the 9.0 metcons fit almost exactly the same as the 9.5 ft v5's)

Nike Free Trainer 5.0 V6 - 9.5

Nano 2 - 9.5

Nano 3 and 4 - 9.0

Saucony Kinvara - 9.5

Nike Lunar Elite 1 and 2 - 9.5

Nike Zoom Elite 5 - 9.5

Nike Zoom Elite 6 - 9.0

In the Metcon 9.0 was SLIGHTLY tight, but these shoes loosen up more than any of those shoes after a week.  This isnt out of the box broke in shoes, they require you use them a bit for a break in. The 9.5 had a little too much room, and after the break in they would have bothered the s out of me.

Maybe this will help you out.  Im very particular about how my shoes fit for working out.  Heres a list of what I wear in various shoes, and all fit relatively the same:

Nike Free Trainer 5.0 V5 - 9.5 (the 9.0 metcons fit almost exactly the same as the 9.5 ft v5's)

Nike Free Trainer 5.0 V6 - 9.5

Nano 2 - 9.5

Nano 3 and 4 - 9.0

Saucony Kinvara - 9.5

Nike Lunar Elite 1 and 2 - 9.5

Nike Zoom Elite 5 - 9.5

Nike Zoom Elite 6 - 9.0

In the Metcon 9.0 was SLIGHTLY tight, but these shoes loosen up more than any of those shoes after a week.  This isnt out of the box broke in shoes, they require you use them a bit for a break in. The 9.5 had a little too much room, and after the break in they would have bothered the s out of me.
Yeah, I definitely should wait to see when Rogue drops theirs and see if I can get one true to size.

@MoparGuy

Since you have both the black ones and the dove grey ones, which do you like better?

I'm thinking of exchanging my black ones for the dove grey ones.

I'll definitely be adding the royal ones when they release in EU, but I don't want/need more than 2 pairs.

@MoparGuy

Since you have both the black ones and the dove grey ones, which do you like better?

I'm thinking of exchanging my black ones for the dove grey ones.

I'll definitely be adding the royal ones when they release in EU, but I don't want/need more than 2 pairs.
I really like the Dove Greys but the all black are my go to shoe as of now.  I wore the Blue Lagoons for a month or so and now have them as a rotation shoe.  The Camos and Dove Greys will sit for a while until I need to get them out.  Getting ready for a move in the coming months back to the states so I had to snatch these up before we left Germany.

They fit true to nike sizing. Not including the free line, totally a different beast. But they also loosen up more than any shoe I've worn in the past 15 years. I assume the more heavy duty materials just need a bit to break in.

Climbed rope in them (anthracite) for the first time yesterday. Mesh on the toe box was eaten up just a little. Nothing too bad though. I just had a new 50ft Rig installed with new rogue ropes on it so that may have been part of the reason as well. Otherwise, they held up great.

Climbed rope in them (anthracite) for the first time yesterday. Mesh on the toe box was eaten up just a little. Nothing too bad though. I just had a new 50ft Rig installed with new rogue ropes on it so that may have been part of the reason as well. Otherwise, they held up great.
 Watched a buddy climb ropes in his and he mentioned them slipping a little compared to nano 4.0s, he's also not super strong with rope climbs, so we'll see. At this point, I may keep a pair of nano 4s in the trunk, just for rope climb days since they're almost built for climbing ropes, haha...

I put the camos through a competition this past Saturday and they held up really well. 

Email just hit from Incvictus saying pairs will be available for preorder. Wonder how many will hit the street.

Has anyone heard anything more about a super limited pair hitting just before the CrossFit Games? My bet is that it'll be the 3m pair and the beasts will see to it that very few, if any, ever see the inside of a gym.

Did they say when they'd be available or how to pre order them?

Does anyone know when Rogue is gonna release the game royals. I knew some guy was talking to them when the camos were gonna release

Back
Top Bottom