NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

Any chance the frasers get released at regionals?
from what i know, the only big release is the first wave of womens sizes with Laurens colorway.

again, once i get to regionals and meet with my rep, ill try to update you guys with everything i can.

I can't imagine reebok will allow Nike to sell anything at regionals. Just the athletes will be able to wear their specific CW at regionals.

i remember seeing metcons at the games. thats where a good percent of pictures started showing up. but who knows. maybe im wrong. maybe reebok wont let nike set up. 

i retract my previous statements 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯

Last year regional athletes were allowed to wear any gear of their choice. Regionals isn't sponsored by Reebok.

Lauren Fisher last year, in Romaleos for the Hang Snatch event...

View media item 1530648
I don't think Reebok wants to outfit all the regional athletes.

The Games are another story, sponsored by Reebok and all athletes and staff/volunteers are outfitted with Reebok Gear.

I don't remember Nike being a vendor at the Games last year.

I volunteered, given a handful of shirts, a pair of shoes (I wore my own Nano's) and was told to wear shorts with non-visible logo's.

i remember seeing metcons at the games. thats where a good percent of pictures started showing up. but who knows. maybe im wrong. maybe reebok wont let nike set up. 

i retract my previous statements 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯
Wait, the Lauren Fishers are not dropping? Or your statement about Nike setting up shop at the Games?

Wait, the Lauren Fishers are not dropping? Or your statement about Nike setting up shop at the Games?
i retract my statement about the games but im 80% sure i held metcons at the games. but who knows, who cares.

and i just spoke with the rep and they are releasing at HER region, guess not all regions.....#lame

sorry, ill just shut up now 
eyes.gif

i retract my statement about the games but im 80% sure i held metcons at the games. but who knows, who cares.

and i just spoke with the rep and they are releasing at HER region, guess not all regions.....#lame

sorry, ill just shut up now :rolleyes
Her regional is May 22. That still doesn't line up.

Gonna be in San Diego next week but coming back home on Wednesday. Tried to convince the wife to stay to watch regionals, but she wasn't having it.

sorry, ill just shut up now 
eyes.gif
sick ill be at del mar for the cali regionals . gf is going to want her pair 

Dirty Dan is right, sort of.

Nike WAS a vendor last year at the Games.  Not officially, but they had an RV set up to brief their team in the parking lot, and actually had a stand inside of the vendor village that was disguised as a food tent as support for their team inside.  The team was walking around all weekend sporting shirts and the orange/blue lagoon metcon.

Lauren Fisher's shoe will debut at her regional because she will be wearing them, but the wide release will be in July.

Ya, I remember the Nike people walking around with the blue lagoons on at the games. I actually got to see them up close, and spoke with them about them as a group of them was sitting next to me in the stadium. 

Well a little bad news is that Lauren fisher is on crutches after twisting her ankle during the decent of a rope climb. She's hpoing to be ready before her regionals

View media item 1531240
Got the purple and pinks in the mail today.. I'm surprised this isn't marketed as a girl shoe cuz these things are girly in real life . I would never be caught dead in these things.. but ladies you should be all over them . My girl said they were cute . Going straight back to fnl.. needless to say

Got the purple and pinks in the mail today.. I'm surprised this isn't marketed as a girl shoe cuz these things are girly in real life . I would never be caught dead in these things.. but ladies you should be all over them . My girl said they were cute . Going straight back to fnl.. needless to say
Agreed.  I didnt see a picture online that was close to the actual color of the purple. IMO theres no blue tint.  Its a pastel purple.  Very feminine.  Sent mine back as well.  The daring reds are similar, couldnt find a picture online and thats just not a dudes red.  Its like a coral pink.  

Anyone know where I can still get a size 8.5 in the initial release of the Total Orange/Dove Grey (Style number: 704688 800). Any help is much appreciated!

Agreed.  I didnt see a picture online that was close to the actual color of the purple. IMO theres no blue tint.  Its a pastel purple.  Very feminine.  Sent mine back as well.  The daring reds are similar, couldnt find a picture online and thats just not a dudes red.  Its like a coral pink.  

Sent the corals back too . Wouldn't even call them red

Greg Glassman was on 60 minutes this week, check out this transcript. I wonder what the issue with Adidas is?

Announcer: 

The games are sponsored by Reebok. CrossFit is credited with re-energizing the Reebok brand and boosting sales.

[Greg Glassman: Fitness apparel should be technical apparel.]

But five years into a 10-year deal that may be CrossFit's most important commercial partnership, Glassman has developed some strong opinions about Reebok's owners, the German company Adidas, and he wasn't shy about sharing them on 60 Minutes.

Greg Glassman: I'd like to see Reebok sold.

Sharyn Alfonsi: To who?

Greg Glassman: Someone young, fresh, excited, and willing to enter into the modern era of things.

Sharyn Alfonsi: That's a pretty bold thing--

Greg Glassman: Isn't it?

Back
Top Bottom