NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

I tried those on yesterday and just couldn't get use to it.

I have a pair of the Nano 4s and I like the shoe. However, my issue with the Nano line is the excessive use of Crossfit branding plastered all over the show. Unnecessary and ugly IMO.

You can't compare the conditions with Crossfit with those sports... #1 those players are acclimated to the weather come September due to training in those conditions all summer. Some of those athletes showed up to Cali a week before the games started. And #2 ain't nobody in football or baseball doing them grueling *** workouts where ur lucky if u don't get rhabdo... Multiple times a day.

Agree to an extent, that is why one of my points was that Murph was a terrible idea. I think Murph destroyed everyone. Heart was in the right place, but just a terrible idea in hindsight.

Everything else was solid, with the exception of having the peg board as a final event.

The Nano 5 isn't aesthetically pleasing in any way shape or form. It may be functional, but it's ugly as sin.

Last edited:
Placed an order last week for the Invictus CW and emailed cust service as well.  Haven't been charged or heard back.  I assume they have exhausted what they had?  Any body get any different info? 

Reebok will get their fanbase hyped up with that response but you can't beat a shoe that doesn't compete against yours lol. Morons.

I tried those on yesterday and just couldn't get use to it.

I have a pair of the Nano 4s and I like the shoe. However, my issue with the Nano line is the excessive use of Crossfit branding plastered all over the show. Unnecessary and ugly IMO.

Yea it would serve them well to stop putting that terrible graffiti on there. Like who cares what any of that means or says.

A Patrick Mcarty piece, yeah. He's like the drunk uncle at your party. You know he's full of shot half the time but he throws in a few things that actually make sense so you kind of pay attention.

Murph is my only gripe of the games. Don't think we'll see another endurance event like that in awhile. Murph should've been done on Wednesday in the morning.

Maybe he means it in the sense that Nike boys train in their Metcons.....and they got beat out by boys who train in Reebok?

How many tents do you see at a sporting event?

Tents at a warning track on a baseball field? Tent on the sidelines during a football game?

The majority of athletes hit the tunnel right after the heat was done, there were big *** fans at every corner of the field for anyone on the field to use for cooling down. Matt Fraser hung out by one for a while after the soccer chipper.

Athletes need to deal with the conditions. Was it hot? Hell yeah it was hot, but I've worked football games in September where it's just as hot, and dudes are wearing helmets and pads.

The whining is becoming laughable at this point, all over the interwebz. Talking about changing venues, making it indoors, changing the dates of the event to a cooler time.
laugh.gif

The funny thing is that it isn't coming from the athletes.

You have to deal with the hand you are dealt.

Nobody says to cancel the NFL or NCAA Footbal season because the season starts with extreme heat (September) and ends in extreme cold (December).

If people want CF to be taken seriously as a sport, you have to deal with anomalies... and injuries. Theres a difference between training and competition. In training, know your limits. In competition you push those limits, because if you don't someone else will.
You are right, that is why in my original post I mentioned I don't know what goes on behind the scenes. Baseball has dugouts, Soccer has the small sideline tents, and football while is out in the open takes huge precautionary steps, sidle line misters, ice towels, O2, and even cooling vest that sit under there pads that they plug into on the bench. Not only do they have medical staff, team doctors and ATC who start there hydration processes days before the events, and make sure they stay hydrated throughout the events. How many timeouts did you see during the events for them to hydrated while in competition? I understand your point completely, and know as a professional who deals with sports related injuries that this is and always will be a part of any sport. But I think it could have been prepared for more by the CF staff running the event. I don't think anything needs to be changed with the venue, being indoors, or time of day, or even the event.  The only gripe I had is that it didn't seem like CF was prepared for the aftermath of the event, as well as maintenance and care of the athletes during the event. 

you guys keep talking about murph but the athletes didnt have to go as hard as they did. they could have taken it easy and slowed it down, just like we saw in the final event where they all stopped trying on the peg board to save themselves for the final event. maybe if they were wearing metcons the pegboard would have been easier.. who knows, but maybe if they would have slowed down and not pushed so hard on murph, due to the conditions, there wouldnt have been so much backlash from their bodies.

you guys keep talking about murph but the athletes didnt have to go as hard as they did. they could have taken it easy and slowed it down, just like we saw in the final event where they all stopped trying on the peg board to save themselves for the final event. maybe if they were wearing metcons the pegboard would have been easier.. who knows, but maybe if they would have slowed down and not pushed so hard on murph, due to the conditions, there wouldnt have been so much backlash from their bodies.
Na....... easy to say they could've chilled but na. It was the 3rd event with everybody still in contention not the 2nd to last event. Nobody is chilling in the 3rd out of 13 events with 275k+ on the line 

Na....... easy to say they could've chilled but na. It was the 3rd event with everybody still in contention not the 2nd to last event. Nobody is chilling in the 3rd out of 13 events with 275k+ on the line 
well then they knew what they were getting into and they have to live with the repercussions of that. once could argue if you gamed murph and kept your body strong for the rest you could have sailed through the rest of the events and won no problem. fraser is a perfect example, he pushed hard in murph and he was toast on the rope climb and toast on the hspu,

I'll in the DFW area today & tomorrow. Does anyone have a lead on a pair BANNED CWs in 11.5, shoot me a PM, thanks in advance!!

Can we get back to what is really important here?

Anybody got any more info/pics on those 3Ms??  Got to have them!

Oh and also, Brooke Wells.

^^I saw NDC had them in stock but would really like to avoid waiting on the mail system.
When i spoke to the guys in the Portland store they said they arent getting them at all. The only 3 stores i know that had them in stock was LA, Santa Monica and the employee store . The Seattle store just reopened and they dont have them either.

Last edited:

Can we get back to what is really important here?

Anybody got any more info/pics on those 3Ms??  Got to have them!

Oh and also, Brooke Wells.
two things here about August

3Ms drop in August

Brooke and I are going on a date in August

two things here about August

3Ms drop in August

Brooke and I are going on a date in August
First off, good luck with the date.

Second, has it been confirmed that the 3Ms will be released to the general public?  Thought all the chatter on Instagram said they were a sample for select athletes.

First off, good luck with the date.

Second, has it been confirmed that the 3Ms will be released to the general public?  Thought all the chatter on Instagram said they were a sample for select athletes.
my nike hookup said they release to the public in august. im only going based on her statement

Back
Top Bottom