Nike NBA Apparel and Jersey Thread: 2017-18 NBA Season Takeover

The Wolves Ant jersey online is the same ones being sold in stadium. They were initially posted on Fanatics directly for $200. They even came with the $300 stadium sticker. After a week or so, they took it off and listed it directly on the "Team" Fanatics store for $250.

Currently, this one is my favorite City Connect jersey. It is so under rated.
20240514_161858-COLLAGE.jpg

Suns out, guns out. Pun intended. 🔫 Also, comes with a free trial class of how to be a thug. 😬
20240514_161946-COLLAGE.jpg

Well not just that, I feel like if you have a jersey you should keep it a few years especially if it’s a dope design and fan favorite instead of changing it and getting worse and worse every season
Teams have the option to use for more than one season. That’s why the Rockets went with their remix 75th anniversary jersey for two seasons. Or like Utah did with the Red Rock jerseys.

Teams have the option to use for more than one season. That’s why the Rockets went with their remix 75th anniversary jersey for two seasons. Or like Utah did with the Red Rock jerseys.
That’s fine, I remember phx did too

But I feel like Nike is just pushing so many lackluster in designs and these teams are just accepting it

Let something build up and he adopted Long term like I said, not every year same boring generic design and that goes for pistons. Remix or whatever was a smash hit but they only wore them 1 season :lol: first nice jersey they’ve had in decades and stopped

That’s fine, I remember phx did too

But I feel like Nike is just pushing so many lackluster in designs and these teams are just accepting it

Let something build up and he adopted Long term like I said, not every year same boring generic design and that goes for pistons. Remix or whatever was a smash hit but they only wore them 1 season :lol: first nice jersey they’ve had in decades and stopped
The teams are creating these though not Nike. Nike can offer suggestions and that’s it. There was an article on sportslogos.net about it with a former Nike employee involved. It’s the team and their designs/design teams

The teams are creating these though not Nike. Nike can offer suggestions and that’s it. There was an article on sportslogos.net about it with a former Nike employee involved. It’s the team and their designs/design teams
With Nikes help and who’s the ones that pushed the whole New Jersey every year? Nike

Doesn’t matter to me much I. Not much of a consumer just speaking on the actual product on the floor and teams with lack of identity or garbage one due to these jerseys

With Nikes help and who’s the ones that pushed the whole New Jersey every year? Nike

Doesn’t matter to me much I. Not much of a consumer just speaking on the actual product on the floor and teams with lack of identity or garbage one due to these jerseys
In the article it states, like I said, Nike can make suggestions. The teams would reject and rely on they (the team) want to create. And they have the ability to reuse like we talked about earlier. Teams don’t because $$$

nike is definitely involved lol. Maybe the ideas/inspiration originates from teams but most of the time nike executes the designs. Miami is probably the only team that does so otherwise:

Plus there’s at least 2 designers who designed multiple styles: Dustin Canalin designed GSW Town, and 2017/18 76ers, nets, bulls city editions. And Cyrus Coleman designed Wolves Prince and Hawks MLK and even Mamba jerseys (even tho Kobe was the inspiration). https://news.cvad.unt.edu/alum/coleman-cyrus. And they both worked for Nike, not teams

highly unlikely that all 30 teams are allowed to reuse city editions in the same season, because then city edition program would be dead lol. jazz and grizzlies have straight up cancelled city editions before so it can’t all be about $$

Last edited:
nike is definitely involved lol. Maybe the ideas/inspiration originates from teams but most of the time nike executes the designs. Miami is probably the only team that does so otherwise:

Plus there’s at least 2 designers who designed multiple styles: Dustin Canalin designed GSW Town, and 2017/18 76ers, nets, bulls city editions. And Cyrus Coleman designed Wolves Prince and Hawks MLK and even Mamba jerseys (even tho Kobe was the inspiration). https://news.cvad.unt.edu/alum/coleman-cyrus. And they both worked for Nike, not teams

highly unlikely that all 30 teams are allowed to reuse city editions in the same season, because then city edition program would be dead lol. jazz and grizzlies have straight up cancelled city editions before so it can’t all be about $$

nike is involved and has designed some of the jerseys, but a lot of the jerseys are either designed in house or third party. the hawks have an in house design team led by this chinese lady (i think her name was suzy something or other) that does most of their designs. raptors and heat both in house, knicks use kith, mavs, clippers, hornets, grizzlies, and i think pacers all use or have used third party designers. those are only the ones i can think of off the top of my head

You guys are telling me pistons and Nike decided to wear this one hear and never again? Probably the best pistons jersey in 20+ years and all the fans loved it for once

IMG_4299.jpeg

I know we love to complain about Nike and the trash they release, but just remember - Fanatics is coming, and they will absolutely ruin everything. Lol

Back
Top Bottom