Nike NBA Apparel and Jersey Thread: 2017-18 NBA Season Takeover

anyone in here have any experience with sewing sponsor patches on theses NBA nike authentics? i guess i could take them to a local tailor but wanted to see if anyone has done that before?

I went to my local cleaners, paid like $10. Was sewn on, and looks like it came from a team shop.

I'll upload a pic later tonight.

It’s 6.00 from eps but you have to pay shipping to and from. Easiest would be a tailor or any shop that does customization, we have a bunch of hockey shops in PA. Should be 10-15.00 to get done.

thats not too bad, but I would expect that turn around time to be long? you would also need to provide the patches obviously right? or are they able to produce those?

I went to my local cleaners, paid like $10. Was sewn on, and looks like it came from a team shop.

I'll upload a pic later tonight.

thats good to know! i was iffy about bringing them to any local tailor but i guess the job is simple enough to do...yes provide pics when you can please!

Best $45 I’ve spent

5B90CB7F-D720-494F-A1F8-4AC59F95B2B6.jpeg

thats not too bad, but I would expect that turn around time to be long? you would also need to provide the patches obviously right? or are they able to produce those?

thats good to know! i was iffy about bringing them to any local tailor but i guess the job is simple enough to do...yes provide pics when you can please!
You have to provide the patch. I sent a black diamond heat blank to get completed. Turn around is 3-4 months. They did my Kobe patches/sponsor/stern memorial band on my 19-20 lakers jersey that I got from NDC.

Attachments

• ED92665C-40C3-4592-9762-5A5882DD6DEE.jpeg
    ED92665C-40C3-4592-9762-5A5882DD6DEE.jpeg
    428 KB · Views: 18
  • 791B7D64-B31E-4399-810F-C7D745008218.jpeg
    791B7D64-B31E-4399-810F-C7D745008218.jpeg
    343.7 KB · Views: 111
  • CBC597CD-6053-4863-BBF5-070B04E83BDA.jpeg
    CBC597CD-6053-4863-BBF5-070B04E83BDA.jpeg
    360.2 KB · Views: 113
This might be a dumb question, but I assume the sponsor patches people get aren't from official stores, so they are "fake". Would putting these "fake" sponsor patches onto "real" jerseys devalue them in any way?

This might be a dumb question, but I assume the sponsor patches people get aren't from official stores, so they are "fake". Would putting these "fake" sponsor patches onto "real" jerseys devalue them in any way?
Until this year team patches sold to the public were replica patches and collectors bought them without hesitation. So imo no they wouldnt necessarily devalue the jerseys unless they were of noticably bad quality. Too early to say but perhaps authentic patches will some day be viewed as more valuable but so far it seems to be a non issue

Until this year team patches sold to the public were replica patches and collectors bought them without hesitation. So imo no they wouldnt necessarily devalue the jerseys unless they were of noticably bad quality. Too early to say but perhaps authentic patches will some day be viewed as more valuable but so far it seems to be a non issue

I didn’t know team patches were sold individually to the public. I know the Jazz team store did, because they had the Fight for 5 and the Jerry Sloan patches for purchase on their site.

You have to provide the patch. I sent a black diamond heat blank to get completed. Turn around is 3-4 months. They did my Kobe patches/sponsor/stern memorial band on my 19-20 lakers jersey that I got from NDC.

thanks for sharing those pics y'all, will use them as reference when i take em to my local tailor...

also, where are you guys purchasing these patches from? i see there is a seller on ebay kingsports4ever thats sells a lot of team patches..

thanks for sharing those pics y'all, will use them as reference when i take em to my local tailor...

also, where are you guys purchasing these patches from? i see there is a seller on ebay kingsports4ever thats sells a lot of team patches..

That's the same guy on Ebay that I bought the Blazers patch from.

That’s who I got my ukg patch from as well

I didn’t know team patches were sold individually to the public. I know the Jazz team store did, because they had the Fight for 5 and the Jerry Sloan patches for purchase on their site.
i'm talking about the ones sold in team shops. they aren't the same as gamer patches. this year the patches are identical (might be a few exceptions)

i'm talking about the ones sold in team shops. they aren't the same as gamer patches. this year the patches are identical (might be a few exceptions)

I don’t have any game issued jerseys, so I can’t tell the difference in the patches. I'm going by what is sold via retail team shops. I didn’t think they sold them individually by themselves.

I'm assuming this KingSports4Ever guy from eBay is either selling unauthorized patches, or he had a connect from where the team stores got their patch supply from.

And what exactly is the difference between the game issued patches & retail versions, I'm legit curious.

The actual patches on the gamers are made by Nike. They use the same kind of twill, that matte stuff with the softer finish. This wasn't available on retail authentics until this year. Nike started producing retail authentics with the ad patches, in factory.

What mostly happens in stadium shops, they get blank shells from Nike. Then, they outsource lettering to whatever company they want. It could be local or a big company like Silver Crystal trash. Those secondary companies sublimate and make their own ad patches, sewn with the name and numbers.

So, the stuff people make and sell online is not really any less "authentic" than what the pro shops are doing.

This gets a little complicated this year because Nike may or may not send blank shells with pre-attached Nike-made ad patches. That's slightly off-topic though.

The actual patches on the gamers are made by Nike. They use the same kind of twill, that matte stuff with the softer finish. This wasn't available on retail authentics until this year. Nike started producing retail authentics with the ad patches, in factory.

What mostly happens in stadium shops, they get blank shells from Nike. Then, they outsource lettering to whatever company they want. It could be local or a big company like Silver Crystal trash. Those secondary companies sublimate and make their own ad patches, sewn with the name and numbers.

So, the stuff people make and sell online is not really any less "authentic" than what the pro shops are doing.

This gets a little complicated this year because Nike may or may not send blank shells with pre-attached Nike-made ad patches. That's slightly off-topic though.

Thanks for the education, very interesting indeed. Why doesn't Nike do their own lettering/naming? Aren't they in control of which players have jerseys to sell?

Jersey authenticity is one thing, but patches??? Idgaf about no damn patches :lol:
As long as the quality is good, i'll get it sewn on.

Well what I want to avoid in the future is someone saying my jersey is fake because the patch is fake.

I think it's only selected teams. Curry statement jersey from Footlocker, and Kawhi city from NDC came with ad patch already. However, AD city, Dame city, Kyrie city & Durant statement all from NDC didn’t have ad patches.

So I'm not sure about this info that Nike is making ad patches.

Thanks for the education, very interesting indeed. Why doesn't Nike do their own lettering/naming? Aren't they in control of which players have jerseys to sell?

Well what I want to avoid in the future is someone saying my jersey is fake because the patch is fake.

To answer the first question. This is a typical practice that's been around since jerseys started being retailed. In short, it just allows for more flexibility in production. Instead of Nike having to make 1000 Bulls Caruso jerseys and getting stuck with extra, they can have the shops forecast that. Or, shops can keep blanks and provide the option for customs, made to order. It's relatively easier to forecast a team might sell 1000 jerseys. It's quite harder to guess how many players each. When you see Nike selling an authentic Lebron Lakers jersey, for example, they already can forecast they'll sell enough units to warrant the manufacturing.

As per you second comment. I totally get where you're coming from. There's a lot of misplaced understanding of what's "Authentic" now days. Someone saying that probably doesn't know what their talking about.

I think it's only selected teams. Curry statement jersey from Footlocker, and Kawhi city from NDC came with ad patch already. However, AD city, Dame city, Kyrie city & Durant statement all from NDC didn’t have ad patches.

So I'm not sure about this info that Nike is making ad patches.

Yeah, it's kind of weird how their picking and choosing. I don't think anyone's found a solid reason yet.

The ad patches on the gamers are definitely manufactured with the jerseys though. Some (most, all?) teams take the loose kits and sew it on themselves.

When did eBay fees get so ridiculous? My brother sold his booker jersey for a little under $800

Fees were $120…

Jesus Christ

Back
Top Bottom