Nike NBA Apparel and Jersey Thread: 2017-18 NBA Season Takeover

cedric ceballos cedric ceballos Sorry to hear this dude... a real bummer :smh:

Fanatics has definitely ruined the jersey game with their monopoly-like model. NBAstore.eu, now also run by Fanatics, is pretty bad too and has gotten worse over the years. Customer service now is almost non-existant and their Swingman jerseys (99% customs) are almost guaranteed to have some kind of error on them. Probably a good thing they don't customize Authentics. Prices are way over retail (up to €170!) and the custom jobs are done pretty, pretty bad. Just based off of my experience, the last 4 Swingman jerseys I've ordered have come with numbers and lettering that are off center, the wrong color/shade, and/or the wrong size (grade school sizes). I no longer order from them at all... I just get my jerseys from licensed retailers, team stores or reputable sellers on the net.

cedric ceballos cedric ceballos Sorry to hear this dude... a real bummer :smh:

Fanatics has definitely ruined the jersey game with their monopoly-like model. NBAstore.eu, now also run by Fanatics, is pretty bad too and has gotten worse over the years. Customer service now is almost non-existant and their Swingman jerseys (99% customs) are almost guaranteed to have some kind of error on them. Probably a good thing they don't customize Authentics. Prices are way over retail (up to €170!) and the custom jobs are done pretty, pretty bad. Just based off of my experience, the last 4 Swingman jerseys I've ordered have come with numbers and lettering that are off center, the wrong color/shade, and/or the wrong size (grade school sizes). I no longer order from them at all... I just get my jerseys from licensed retailers, team stores or reputable sellers on the net.

I think I’m all but done going the custom route moving forward unless I know who a company sends their stuff out to for their custom work.

Regular retail authentics and m&n jerseys and basic apparel, fanatics isn’t bad. They usually have good prices and there’s deals available and their customer service is generally good.

But they absolutely suck for custom stuff. Be it NBA or NFL. If they aren’t going to use companies on that end who are willing/capable of doing accurate custom work, they would be better off not offering custom authentics at all imo.

Because a lot of people spending Authentic money are collectors and those who pay attention to details. So when stuff gets delivered (after waiting a few weeks), and it comes with all types of inaccuracies and mistakes. It’s just avoidable complaints for them. All because they use a crappy company for their custom work.

That’s an absolute **** job. You better get a full refund.

I’m sending them back tomorrow. I was a little concerned at first with the no refunds on custom items policy. But when I explained everything to the customer service rep she was understanding. Wouldn’t be surprised if this wasn’t the first call of this nature she’s gotten regarding these NBA jerseys lol.

speaking of custom companies, do yall know which company the lakers or warriors use to make their official game jerseys

So I got my custom Lebron authentics in from fanatics today from when they put up all types of customized authentic NBA jerseys a few weeks back. I got authentic jerseys with swingman numbers. **** silver crystal sports sports. I’ve already had some trash experiences with them on NFL jerseys where I had the numbers peeling off on the arms in the past. But they’re charging $270 for these customized NBA authentics (higher price point than the regular NBA authentics) and sending a product with swingman numbers.

This **** is a joke. For as much as they charge, they need to outsource the custom stuff to EPS or a capable company and stop using trash as silver crystal sports. I hope they don’t give me run around in trying to get this resolved.

47DB1905-99CC-4B51-8419-7B735FE4813C.jpeg

A44CDD89-D470-4317-AAD9-192D1649E3D1.jpeg

I don’t see the issue. Can you post pics of "regular" authentics & these "trash" customs. And how can you tell that these are "swingman" numbers?

speaking of custom companies, do yall know which company the lakers or warriors use to make their official game jerseys

It's likely a local seamstress. The numbers are pre-made from Nike, so sometimes those small companies don't or aren't allowed to use them outside the team.

I don’t see the issue. Can you post pics of "regular" authentics & these "trash" customs. And how can you tell that these are "swingman" numbers?

Sure. Here’s pics of the numbering on a regular Luka authentic I have.

In comparison. Here’s additional pics of one of my Lebron trash customs with swingman numbers I just got in today. If you can’t distinguish the differences from these pictures. Hopefully someone else on here can articulate it better than I can. But that being said. It’s buyer beware on those fanatics customs. And they sold out in popular sizes of teams which authentics were heavily sought after in certain players.

EFF469DE-8992-41E2-AB98-04E3B46D9D94.jpeg
22EA5E64-1906-402A-9998-12513248A7AD.jpeg
172544D2-9501-46FB-B1BF-0F08D0DB72A4.jpeg
D18BDF10-34A4-4237-B4DB-98B247023867.jpeg

The thing that pisses me off the most about fanatics/lids/nbastore, at least up here in Canada, is the fact that they still charge for shipping unless it’s one of those days you use their free shipping promo codes, which then means you’re likely paying full price. Doesn’t even matter how much you spend - $200, $500, $1000, etc - they are still charging you shipping. SMH

Also for context. Here’s a pic of the numbering on my gold Lebron Authentic. Compare that to the junk custom job silver crystal sports did.

31D4BB1F-2747-4B6A-9E99-AC5CC8493F0A.jpeg

I see the perforation holes are larger in the Fanatics customs with the singular stitch, but a few team shops do the same. For example, this is my Ayton & Jimmy Buckets

Attachments

• 20220519_114642.jpg
    20220519_114642.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 20220615_004520.jpg
    20220615_004520.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 42
So I took some comparison pics between my purple and white Lebron 23 jerseys which I’ve had for a while and the jerseys I got in today which were done by silver crystal sports. I just noticed there’s differences in the placement of the name James on the back as well.

But interesting to compare them to each other up close. I noticed the yellow on the numbers is a different shade between the 23 and 6 on the purple jerseys as well.

7CF24352-5C9C-424F-9793-B30BF5CE0122.jpeg
579DE04F-4BBB-4F28-BAD2-AEAEC70383CF.jpeg
83C3E8F8-B4B2-4AD1-B448-129928B498DD.jpeg
D10828F9-A123-4473-A0D5-03ABBF4AADF2.jpeg

It's likely a local seamstress. The numbers are pre-made from Nike, so sometimes those small companies don't or aren't allowed to use them outside the team.
if i have a blank nike jersey but don’t have the numbers myself do you think they could help customize it? is EPS still the best for nikes, otherwise who should i go to

Same. Stopped doing it when Russ was traded out of OKC. Sticking to my team’s gear for the time being.

This is what I’ve been on for the most part lately. I’ve been trying to keep my collection strictly to teams I’m a fan of and making it a priority to wear the stuff I already have. But sometimes downsizing is good. There’s so much stuff I’ve bought over the years that’s just ended up sitting in my closet.

But between guys getting traded regularly and some of these jerseys being more a hassle to get than they should be. I’m fine easing back on my purchases.

First of all bro, didn’t know your laker jersey stash was as deep. Sheesh. And I went back and read the last few pages. What the hell Nike? You have a few jobs and can’t do it the right way. Why cut corners smh?

First of all bro, didn’t know your laker jersey stash was as deep. Sheesh. And I went back and read the last few pages. What the hell Nike? You have a few jobs and can’t do it the right way. Why cut corners smh?

I probably got a good 25 Laker jerseys or so between Nike and M&N. But I rock all that stuff regularly.

I want that 91-92 Jordan myself. If they still have my size when I get my refund from fanatics from sending those Laker jerseys back, that one would be nice to have.

In the case of these custom jerseys though. It’s a fanatics sending their custom jerseys to a crappy customizer problem more than anything. Silver crystal sports is absolute garbage. Hell I was bracing for a letdown with the jerseys I got today when I got the tracking info and saw they were coming from silver crystal sports. The way they messed up the arm numbers on the Rams jersey I got last year. That **** had me so shocked I couldn’t help but laugh.

Hell they’ve gotten the wrong number colors on random NFL teams wrong as well. Here’s a customized Lions vapor elite someone posted about them messing up last year. Now why someone would drop that type of bread on a Jared Goff vapor elite. That’s beyond me lol.

484B339A-8E8F-415F-97E4-91631BC52D60.jpeg

Oh I understand lol it’s a combination of four unique at best personalities clashing all at once lol
No doubt, Kyrie said the earth is 100% flat and KD claimed it was square......

then it was all over........ after that they could never agree on anything else or even look each other in the eyes.

if i have a blank nike jersey but don’t have the numbers myself do you think they could help customize it? is EPS still the best for nikes, otherwise who should i go to

EPS is a safe bet. Be informed though, they are backed up like crazy though. I'm hearing 8+ month turnaround this past year.

EPS is a safe bet. Be informed though, they are backed up like crazy though. I'm hearing 8+ month turnaround this past year.

Yeah with the custom stuff. You gotta go into that with the expectation it’s going to be a long turnaround time. Larger clients and in some cases teams they do work for get top priority over fan orders as well.

I sent some hockey jerseys out to get done by a company called hobcat athletic last July. I’ll barely be getting them back tomorrow. Their work is immaculate though. But I was expecting a long turnaround when I shipped them out last summer.

Also for context. Here’s a pic of the numbering on my gold Lebron Authentic. Compare that to the junk custom job silver crystal sports did.

31D4BB1F-2747-4B6A-9E99-AC5CC8493F0A.jpeg
My diamond edition swingman has no stitching. Sure would be nice to have an authentic, but ion wear this enough to spend the money for that 😂

Finally got my Westbrook authentic, been wanting this since the beginning of the season. It's not easy getting it here in Australia, had to use Shipito which cost extra. But I'm very happy and this is a keeper for life.

PS. Does anyone feel that the authentic is thinner than the swingman material?

Attachments

• 20220708_103324.jpg
    20220708_103324.jpg
    275.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 20220708_103315.jpg
    20220708_103315.jpg
    393.4 KB · Views: 39
  • 20220708_103308.jpg
    20220708_103308.jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 43
  • 20220708_103252.jpg
    20220708_103252.jpg