Nike NBA Apparel and Jersey Thread: 2017-18 NBA Season Takeover

Well you don’t need to imagine because that’s exactly what happened lol. There's a ton of evidence in front of you, not sure why you're choosing to ignore it. Also lol, "theyre ostensibly well into the production of millions of dollars in new merchandise" is the perfect counter to rellvolver's take about "this doesn't compare to lebron jerseys" and it also sums up perfectly why nike can't let the jazz nix the rebrand.

jazz part1.JPG

jazz part2.JPG

jazz part3.JPG

jazz part4.JPG

tldr: Notice how the whole rebrand campaign is focused on "purple is back!"

Teams don't normally leak the next-next-season's city and classic editions before the next season has even started. But the jazz did for damage control, because they desperately want to draw attention towards purple!! while diverting attention away from their ugly white/black/yellow.

The purple mountains actually aren't even classic editions, they are former 2019/20 classics being recycled as 22/23 city editions which is why they don't have the Nike Futura logo. the good news i guess is that this will allow the jazz to release retail authentics of these purple mountain unis under the city edition moniker.

The purple jerseys leaked AT THE SAME TIME as the new jerseys. And the info on the throwback jerseys leaked before any pics and any blowback occured. I posted pics of the original leaks ages ago. Its not damage control its a planned rollout.

I agree that the rebrand is the new owner trying to put his stamp on the franchise.
Well you don’t need to imagine because that’s exactly what happened lol. There's a ton of evidence in front of you, not sure why you're choosing to ignore it. Also lol, "theyre ostensibly well into the production of millions of dollars in new merchandise" is the perfect counter to rellvolver's take about "this doesn't compare to lebron jerseys" and it also sums up perfectly why nike can't let the jazz nix the rebrand.

jazz part1.JPG

jazz part2.JPG

jazz part3.JPG

jazz part4.JPG

tldr: Notice how the whole rebrand campaign is focused on "purple is back!"

Teams don't normally leak the next-next-season's city and classic editions before the next season has even started. But the jazz did for damage control, because they desperately want to draw attention towards purple!! while diverting attention away from their ugly white/black/yellow.

The purple mountains actually aren't even classic editions, they are former 2019/20 classics being recycled as 22/23 city editions which is why they don't have the Nike Futura logo. the good news i guess is that this will allow the jazz to release retail authentics of these purple mountain unis under the city edition moniker.

it was a rhetorical question.

No idea what ur trying to argue, basically u agree with me

The purple jerseys leaked AT THE SAME TIME as the new jerseys. And the info on the throwback jerseys leaked before any pics and any blowback occured. I posted pics of the original leaks ages ago. Its not damage control its a planned rollout.

I agree that the rebrand is the new owner trying to put his stamp on the franchise.

it was a rhetorical question.

No idea what ur trying to argue, basically u agree with me

False. You have no clue what you're talking about. The purples that leaked in February with the yellow rebrand (in this tweet) were the scrapped 75th mixtape jerseys. They ARE NOT THE SAME as the purple mountain classics worn by Clarkson, nor the 2 other purple jerseys in the video. Purple mountains were never even revealed until last week. They are 100% damage control which is why they have no Nike Futura logo like all classics have now, yet still have the yellow HWC logo. It was a hasty decision to just recycle the 2019/20 classic jerseys to save face.

Rellvolver and I were debating whether the Jazz are currently ok with the black white and yellow rebrand. I correctly said Utah knows they effed up after the backlash and wanted to nix the rebrand but can't because of Nike. Rellvolver incorrectly claimed this was "not true" and the Jazz are in fact still ok with it. You defend Nike with your life whenever there's a slight ounce of criticism and you liked all his posts so it seemed like you were agreeing with him. "imagine if the jazz asked to nix the rebrand" sounds like you think there was no way the jazz would do that, not agreeing with me that they did do that.

Here, I'll even find the post where you claim you leaked them below. Your leaked purples are the scrapped 75th mixtape jerseys which is obvious because they mix elements of different eras and they match a mixtape "2021/22 city edition" pennant on Fanatics.

Your leak:
Pennant: https://www.fanatics.com/nba/utah-j...o-3536+t-47030863+p-48833845923+z-9-141948940

Last edited:
This does not compare to Lebron changing his number. That's simply an issue of too many 23 jerseys being manufactured. Nike would have to eat the loss. It's why the NFL made players who wanted to change their numbers, buy all of the jerseys on the market.
no ads on NFL jerseys either........ LOL, the league with the most concussed and stupid *** players and criminals, but they have the best uniform rules!! :emoji_sweat_smile: :emoji_thumbsup:

False. You have no clue what you're talking about. The purples that leaked in February with the yellow rebrand (in this tweet) were the scrapped 75th mixtape jerseys. They ARE NOT THE SAME as the purple mountain classics worn by Clarkson, nor the 2 other purple jerseys in the video. Purple mountains were never even revealed until last week. They are 100% damage control which is why they have no Nike Futura logo like all classics have now, yet still have the yellow HWC logo. It was a hasty decision to just recycle the 2019/20 classic jerseys to save face.

Rellvolver and I were debating whether the Jazz are currently ok with the black white and yellow rebrand. I correctly said Utah knows they effed up after the backlash and wanted to nix the rebrand but can't because of Nike. Rellvolver incorrectly claimed this was "not true" and the Jazz are in fact still ok with it. You defend Nike with your life whenever there's a slight ounce of criticism and you liked all his posts so it seemed like you were agreeing with him. "imagine if the jazz asked to nix the rebrand" sounds like you think there was no way the jazz would do that, not agreeing with me that they did do that and just ridiculing them and Nike. If it's the latter then yeah we agree. Otherwise no we don't lol, since it doesn't seem like we're in agreement on the purple mountains being damage control.

Here, I'll even find the post where you claim you leaked them below. Your leaked purples are the scrapped 75th mixtape jerseys which is obvious because they mix elements of different eras and they match a mixtape "2021/22 city edition" pennant on Fanatics.

Your leak:
Pennant: https://www.fanatics.com/nba/utah-j...o-3536+t-47030863+p-48833845923+z-9-141948940

I WAS mocking the jazz and it for them wanting to scrap a design of their own decision.

The mountain jersey info was leaked before there were pics of any jerseys and any public blowback. The jazz are probably emphasizing their release to draw attention away from the new designs, but to say that it they werent in the plans is probably false.

I WAS mocking the jazz and it for them wanting to scrap a design of their own decision.

The mountain jersey info was leaked before there were pics of any jerseys and any public blowback. The jazz are probably emphasizing their release to draw attention away from the new designs, but to say that it they werent in the plans is probably false.

bro where did you see the mountain jersey info leak? i don't recall that happening. also how would you explain them not having the nike futura logo but having the yellow hwc logo? if they were truly in the plans they would have added the nike futura logo to make it a true classic edition, or made the nba logos white to make it a true city edition. instead of recycling them from 2019.

Last edited:
bro where did you see the mountain jersey info leak? i don't recall that happening. also how would you explain them not having the nike futura logo but having the yellow hwc logo? if they were truly in the plans they would have added the nike futura logo to make it a true classic edition, or made the nba logos white to make it a true city edition. instead of recycling them from 2019.
I dont remember where it leaked. Im in like 6 different jerseys groups plus follow uni watch and random tweets. Distinctly remember someone spilling the beans on black and yellow jazz jerseys + bringing back the purple mountains (which to be fair might have been the jerseys u said are scrapped, but those jerseys dont have mountains on them). Also i dont think the 90s ones are being used as city, there is another modernized version of the mountain jerseys which i assume youve seen but theyre in the jazz promo rollout

Parents saying this looks like trash. Now ignoring the fact that I’m a lakers fan, thoughts?
8F71DC72-6FBF-4FB8-B345-886E4B339CAC.jpeg

Would a black one have been better?
Black is actually trickier to incorporate than most people realize… its a vacuum that sucks the life out of other colors, id only wear black if its part of the jerseys color scheme, even then white works better in allowing the jersey to be the focal point of the fit (unless its a white jersey). Grey is the most underrated color for undergarments, neutral and works with everything. Also low key helps mute really garish and bright jerseys

Back
Top Bottom