Nike NBA Apparel and Jersey Thread: 2017-18 NBA Season Takeover

Just happy it's not a rockets jersey lol.
I though Tillmans broke self was just gonna use the new statements and just use a different word mark for the city... whew dodged a bullet there.
new-houston-rockets-2023-24-statement-edition-jersey-released (1).jpg

Heat jersey looks like something you’d find in a swap meet.

Don’t know what’s going on with those wizards shorts.

Clippers shorts aren’t bad.

I can't decide if I really like the wizards shorts or completely hate them lol. Need better pics I think.

Clippers shorts look like the cotton short brands they sell on fanatics like 47' or something you'd find at Walmart. 🤣

Holding out hope the heat shorts are something soecial... not just black and red... maybe some kind of flame red along the side. I can see potential with the shorts. They could also totally fumble them too. Hard to do blk and red shorts badly but...

Edit: I'm just seeing the words on the side of the heat jersey... nastiest, hardest worker, best condiotned, most professional 🤣 might as well have added enployee of the month or most likely to suceed...
Screenshot_20230926_000328_Chrome.jpg

Nike needs to do away with the city stuff just make them alternates... most cities have run out of inspiration. Or let the team's pick previous city jerseys for alternates now most have had at least one good to great jersey. Fingers crossed rockets do something decent they've ran with the same one 2 years, surely enough time to make a decent new jersey, theyve neen pretty consistantly good after the chineese first two. I'd still like to see the pinstripe they've been using in white, or maybe an homage to the Astros ws wins ffrom 2017 and 2022 blue and orange of some sort naybe some gold. Heck even a basketball version of the space city ones the stros are wearing now. Rockets will be the last team leaked like as always, but I'm patiently waiting...

Last edited:
Nike doesn’t need to stop doing these they just need the teams to be more creative and for them to not sign off on some of these. They’re the ones with the final decision.

And I don’t want the Astro colors anywhere near rockets unis.

Nike doesn’t need to stop doing these they just need the teams to be more creative and for them to not sign off on some of these. They’re the ones with the final decision.

What I mean is stop with the city theme there's other options to make an alternate. How many space themed rockets can you do, or lakes in Minnesota, Miami vice had like what 4 versions... use local artists let the fans have a contest etc. I like new jerseys every year I won't lie but the city thing is just about played out imo. I don't buy many jerseys but my wardrobe has probably 50 pairs of awingman shorts in Texas as hot as it is that's my daily wear lol. I need some new stuff...

I don't know I mean they've done the Oilers colors, something like the gold edtion stuff new era did for the ws win would be kinda cool in blue and gold...
PhotoRoom-20230812_142402.jpg
PhotoRoom-20230926_004602.jpg

Last edited:

it’s natural to run out of ideas if nike is forcing you to come up with a new design every season. why not allow them to stick around for more than 1 season, which also gives designers time to come up with something new if they actually want to.

imagine you’re the designer who made the Mamba jerseys or the Vice jerseys and Nike is like “nice design bro now come up with 5 more designs that are even better than those”. i’d be like wtf?? That’s impossible! I mean everyone, filmmakers, authors, singers, architects etc. need more than 1 year to come up with something actually good

Last edited:
But there are teams that have used the same city jersey at least two years in a row. Rockets did it. Pretty sure a couple others did. Utah being another. I don’t think they HAVE to every year. I believe they can run it back two years in a row but Nike and the teams do this for money and to push product.

Last edited:
But there are teams that have used the same city jersey at least two years in a row. Rockets did it. Pretty sure a couple others did. I don’t think they HAVE to every year. I believe they can run it back two years in a row but Nike and the teams do this for money and to push product.
Yeah other teams have run the jerseys 2 years phx valley comes to mind. A lot have just done the same jerseys bit black instead of white or whatever colors they used the clippers did that I know. There's been others I'm sure I'm just drawing a blank right now.

I don't know I mean they've done the Oilers colors, something like the gold edtion stuff new era did for the ws win would be kinda cool in blue and gold...
Those baby blue unis weren’t Oilers inspired, they were the colors of the old astronaut launch suits.

Those baby blue unis weren’t Oilers inspired, they were the colors of the old astronaut launch suits.

Maybe you should be the designer since every idea and information that's been posted is wrong or bad in you're eyes. The last 5/6 posts I've made you've had some snarky comment towards me or a comment I posted. This is just a discussion, nothing is real we've not even seen the new jerseys and not like I claim I know what they lool like just what id like to see, doesnt mean you have to want to see that. If you dont like it dont respond. It's that simple, I've refrained from responding back earlier to you I'm too old to deal with childish people on the internet, but enough is enough move on.

I'll leave with this...
Space-Shuttle-EMU-Space-Suit-Museum-Quality-Replica.jpg
20-swingman-player-jersey-city-edition_pi3467000_altimages_ff_3467280-48560dd48b98ed49ac55alt2...jpg

These were designed after spacesuit nasa theme.
Screenshot_20230926_031017_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230926_031630_Chrome.jpg

21-swingman-custom-jersey-city-edition_pi3852000_altimages_ff_3852828-bba4ae45b028a715b5abalt1...jpg

Copied straight from the press release on nba.com and rocketswire.com
For the htown blue unis.
I'd love to see this nasa space suit that's baby blue, navy and red that you seem to think these jerseys were inspired by. I'll be waiting, I actually hope you prove me wrong.

Snarky? This isn’t me being snarky. If it comes off as it I apologize except it’s not at all. Ppl are also allowed to disagree with you though. Every disagreement isn’t snark though either. I don’t think an NBA team needs to dedicate its CITY jersey to another team inside its own city. That kind of diverts the attention away from the city concept and puts it on another sport/organization.

I live in Houston and pretty much raised here. Been to NASA numerous times as my family literally live right around the corner from it. Even when introduced on the local news they cited these as an homage to NASA. And originally there were multiple articles pointing to these as the inspiration:
768D100E-AC34-4EAE-9942-7BE7A0E83DFD.jpeg

This came straight from nasa.
2F28B68E-D0BA-4C4F-80A1-9E4F13F1A7A0.jpeg
DD3D3090-E87F-412D-81F5-31AB5DDD1C55.jpeg

Was also they’re uniform/jumpsuit color for awhile too.
51BF86D9-6AAD-48F9-9A73-A9664E22E21F.jpeg

That jersey is also baby blue/Royal/red, which was also NASA’s color scheme for awhile. I don’t understand why I had to be challenged to prove you wrong, but then again I wasn’t being snarky either. :lol:

Snarky? This isn’t me being snarky. If it comes off as it I apologize except it’s not at all. Ppl are also allowed to disagree with you though. Every disagreement isn’t snark though either. I don’t think an NBA team needs to dedicate its CITY jersey to another team inside its own city. That kind of diverts the attention away from the city concept and puts it on another sport/organization.

I live in Houston and pretty much raised here. Been to NASA numerous times as my family literally live right around the corner from it. Even when introduced on the local news they cited these as an homage to NASA. And originally there were multiple articles pointing to these as the inspiration:
768D100E-AC34-4EAE-9942-7BE7A0E83DFD.jpeg

This came straight from nasa.
2F28B68E-D0BA-4C4F-80A1-9E4F13F1A7A0.jpeg
DD3D3090-E87F-412D-81F5-31AB5DDD1C55.jpeg

Was also they’re uniform/jumpsuit color for awhile too.
51BF86D9-6AAD-48F9-9A73-A9664E22E21F.jpeg

That jersey is also baby blue/Royal/red, which was also NASA’s color scheme for awhile. I don’t understand why I had to be challenged to prove you wrong, but then again I wasn’t being snarky either. :lol:
You know I wasn't going to respond, but I had a feeling you'd bring up those blue traning suits from im pretty sure 1969 the roxkets were just a baby team in san diego at that point also and the colors were gold and green they literrally have bothing to do with Houston... those were used at the Kennedy space center in Florida later to train in. For the Columbia program, i believe in Merrit, FL so they'd be a better option in Orlando maybe Miami heck San Diego even. That debunks you're Houston theory pretty much, maybe if you can't accept that then why would you think an NBA franshise would use a training suit as inspiration for a uniform, and bot an actual spacesuit on top of the fact its also clear as day oilers colors dubbed htown blue which pilers wore, uofh is now wearing, the texans are trying to add that color to the new uniforms next season. It's not like they wore them in space they trained in them. I've also lived in the heart of Houston all 38 years of my life, I'm no transplant. So that's nothing you've got on me I would go out on a limb and say I know more about this city than you and likely have lived here longer than you've been alive or a member here. Show me any, I mean any receipt that says those were used for inspiration and I'll admit I was wrong happily and eat crow. You won't find any, but I welcome it. You've been making snide comments since I posted the Heat culture jersey saying it could be the Houston Cullens as in Cullen blvd. I chose to ignore you because in all seriousness I was joking in the most immature way, no way did I think it said Cullen on the jersey as much as the other guy who said the Houston Cuddles (no offense to op) you called me out yet, let the cuddles comment fly lol. You chose to try and school me on why Cullen has no significant value to make a jersey and it probably doesn't, but have you ever read up on Cullen family history? One of, if not the most important families in Houston, streets, buildings, skyscrapers, schools, philanthropy, have all been named after that family UofH for crying out loud is partly on Cullen blvd. So yes Cullen. Blvd has a big significance to the city not just the street, but the family starting with Hugh Roy Cullen. Is it enough to make a city jersey... doubtful. Again I ignored you then later on you've done nothing but try and call out me by my information being silly or wrong or pointless because you don't like it. When that was literally what I was foing just being silly it's all speculation. Just do me this, if you don't agree still, post receipts tell me I'm wrong, those spacesuits do nothing im sure i can find a purple spacesuit image if i goggled it enough, but check you're facts first. If you can have you're way the Rockets can have a space themed jersey every year, I have some numbers you can call maybe they'll give you a designing job, rockets are getting new jerseys they next 2/3 years. I have had season tickets since 2004 my rep would probably welcome youre call. If not just for the laughs.
so when you're space themed jerseys use this as inspiration this year, bow will you feel? Since it's literally astros colors?.? Maybe you can accept that then?
images (38).jpeg

I hate that you've brought me to this. I've never had a beef on nt in my 24 years here until now. You just needed to be fact checked before spouting misinformation like toure in the know. Until I am proven wrong you can keep posting pics to make you're narrative sound correct, but you're dead wrong on those jerseys. I can go back and pull more receipts, I can put in a call to my season ticket rep if I need to im sure he can give me detailed information behind the design process, he does anything to keep me reupping my tickets and has become a really good friend over the years. It's not worth my time anymore. Have a good life.

But there are teams that have used the same city jersey at least two years in a row. Rockets did it. Pretty sure a couple others did. Utah being another. I don’t think they HAVE to every year. I believe they can run it back two years in a row but Nike and the teams do this for money and to push product.
true but i think in any given season only 2 or 3 teams are allowed to run back the same city jerseys, because if every team did that the same season there’d be no new jerseys and nike would be so mad lol

what they should do is forget all those dumb anniversary rules and let teams rock more classics, which are almost always 10x better than city anyways. And instead of just a classic home or away jersey, bring back the whole set. For example orlando would bring back both white and blue so they can wear white at home like every team did in the 90s. Now that would be a true throwback

Lol Wait a minute. Because I disagree with you on a message forum about somethings, we now have NT beef? We have actually agreed upon most things but these couple things now have created a NT beef? lol sure man. Have at it. It's really not that deep, nor that serious.

When it comes to those jerseys it was initially reported to have some ties to NASA considering the ones prior did as well. It's also not like NASA itself hasn’t been apart of the city of Houston for a while. You’re trying to relate it to a specific year when a city jersey ties into the city regardless of when the franchise arrived here. NASA has been a huge part of this city, and yes you may have lived here slightly longer, I've still lived here 30+ years.

Again, this isn't that big of a deal and don't why it's being blown up lol.

true but i think in any given season only 2 or 3 teams are allowed to run back the same city jerseys, because if every team did that the same season there’d be no new jerseys and nike would be so mad lol

what they should do is forget all those dumb anniversary rules and let teams rock more classics, which are almost always 10x better than city anyways. And instead of just a classic home or away jersey, bring back the whole set. For example orlando would bring back both white and blue so they can wear white at home like every team did in the 90s. Now that would be a true throwback
I agree. I think the classics are much better than most of these city jerseys being released. I also think most of this blame falls on the teams as well. Again, they have to sign off on it. All those ppl in marketing and it seems they struggle to market to their area/region.

Lol Wait a minute. Because I disagree with you on a message forum about somethings, we now have NT beef? We have actually agreed upon most things but these couple things now have created a NT beef? lol sure man. Have at it. It's really not that deep, nor that serious.

When it comes to those jerseys it was initially reported to have some ties to NASA considering the ones prior did as well. It's also not like NASA itself hasn’t been apart of the city of Houston for a while. You’re trying to relate it to a specific year when a city jersey ties into the city regardless of when the franchise arrived here. NASA has been a huge part of this city, and yes you may have lived here slightly longer, I've still lived here 30+ years.

Again, this isn't that big of a deal and don't why it's being blown up lol.
You're the one who's made an extreme effort to try and disagree with each comment I've made the last couple pages. Maybe you know everything, and I don't know anything, I'll be the first to admit if I'm wrong so ill be waiting on youre proof. Until I see some sort of press release those jerseys were designed like you said or any sort of information. I'll no longer respond to you're unsubstantiated opinions. Not one other poster has made even the slightest effort to try and debunk me or disagree when/if they know I made an incorrect statement. Even if they might know more than I do, and i know some on here probably do. I feel like you're just trying to prove you're more in the know than I am or make some sort of name for yourself, who knows this is why I don't do social media. Everyone eants some internet clout or look important. You may be more knowledgeable than me, but no need to draw it out and comment negatively to each and every post I've made the last couple days what are you really trying to prove. You dont like my opinions?.? I'll wait for you're proof or press releases stating that's the design process behind those jerseys. If not I see no reason to even respond to you anymore. Enjoy you're internet trolling. Bless you're heart!

Apologies guys, I've never had an issue like that in 24 years here. Dudes just been getting under my skin a minute and I'd had enough. I had to speak, should have went the pm way but lost my cool. So to everyone who didn't get entertained or get some lols from my posts. I apologize for derailing the thread, I've placed him on ignore so it's over unless he shows me his proof other than trying with suits used in Florida from before the rockets were even a franchise older than 2 years old in San diego. You may now proceed back to nike jersey talk and info lol.

Is that like a tye died copper/turquise on those wizards shorts at the bottom trim? I think I might need a pair, I've decided I like those.

I’ve agreed with most post with him but disagreed with a few and now it’s beef. :lol:

Moving right along lol

FYI, it’s Nike AND the owners who want to push out new jerseys every year. It’s a stream of revenue. Look, I get that you’re not going to like every jersey that they put out there, but at the same time, no one is forcing you to buy them. It’s ok to skip out on City jerseys. lol.

I’m a Celtics fan, and for the longest time, I only had 2 choices. Green, or white. Got 20 jerseys in my closet, and half of them are the classic green or white joints. Was absolutely thrilled when Nike took over and mandated that they would have new City ierseys every year. With that being said, I passed on the 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2021 joints.

Just be thankful that Nike isn’t pushing out jerseys with sleeves. Lol

Back
Top Bottom