Nike NBA Apparel and Jersey Thread: 2017-18 NBA Season Takeover

Arrived earlier today
IMG_1380.jpeg

IMG_1381.jpeg

Yeah we all wished they came in authentic. Just ordered the Disney patch off eBay

You might've just sold me on this and I'm a huge T-Mac fan so I would normally would've not even looked twice at this.

I don't understand this, you really want that ugly ad patch?

A lot of people, both on here and the jersey fb groups are very particular about the jerseys having to have the sponsor patch.

Whatever makes them happy though. Sponsor patch or no sponsor patch, I just want the best price possible. And if no sponsor patch allows stuff to sit and be copped discounted off fanatics. Then I’m all for it.

To me I don’t think it’s the jerseys every year that’s necessarily the issue. We all buy and collect jerseys much more than the average person does in some capacity.

It’s the fact that a lot of these jerseys suck and are underwhelming which makes it come off as overkill. Like if they were pumping out dope stuff every year, I don’t think people would be complaining. Some of these city jerseys are the exact same jersey a team wore in a previous season just in a different color scheme.

Mosdef, like I mentioned - there are designers on IG that consistently put out mock ups that are heat. Mutliple versions of the same team even, most of these teams have just failed at hiring the right designers

Plennnty of creatives that could right this ship

Yeah, can’t lay the blame fully on Nike here. The owners all knew what they were getting into when they signed this deal. The biggest piece of the blame pie lands on the teams and their graphic designers. They are the ones who tell Nike what they want on their jerseys. They are the ones pumping out garbage.

And if I’m not mistaken, teams are not contractually obligated to submit new designs every year for the City jerseys anyways. The Spurs opted to have the same joints for 3 seasons (2017-2020). The Heat also released the same City jerseys but in different colors as well since the Vice jerseys were so well liked. I was actually hoping the Celtics would do the same this year since I really liked last year’s tribute to Bill Russell. I don’t hate this year’s version, but it pales in comparison to last year’s.

It’s going to be bad once Fanatics wins that NBA contract one day, and we’ll get the worst of both worlds - terrible designs along with terrible quality. Lol

Last edited:
New Orleans jerseys look like the first Mavs city edition uniforms. I kinda like ATLs but the kids softball team are those colors... probably just used to seeing it everyday of my life.

hawks set could've been so much better. most of these are bland tbh.

Back
Top Bottom