Nike NBA Apparel and Jersey Thread: 2017-18 NBA Season Takeover

might have to do with product cannibalization. seems like classic edition is always more limited than other stuff. for city editions they be making warmups, hats, socks, hoodies, 10 different t-shirts, etc whereas for classic it's just shirts and swingman jerseys. it's obvious they would rather promote the newer 'Nike-fied' designs rather than older designs.

similar to the BS they're pulling with kobe protros lol.

It’s been said a few times in this thread but supposedly the main thing holding up Classic Edition Nike authentics is licensing. Supposedly M&N holds the exclusive license for authentic jerseys. Which would make sense. So it doesn’t matter how much demand there would be, unfortunately, unless something expires soon, we won’t get them.

The reason you see all kinds of City Edition gear is there’s no licensing limitations in place.

Curry statement gone now, lol. I hope whoever was able to scoop, scooped.
I scooped one but hoping the details are written incorrectly. That’s a lot of heat-sealed graphics, b..

It’s an official Nike/Jordan retail authentic though so I don’t foresee any issues

I scooped one but hoping the details are written incorrectly. That’s a lot of heat-sealed graphics, b..

It’s an official Nike/Jordan retail authentic though so I don’t foresee any issues
I'm not worried, Fanatics is known for having the wrong info in their product descriptions.

It’s been said a few times in this thread but supposedly the main thing holding up Classic Edition Nike authentics is licensing. Supposedly M&N holds the exclusive license for authentic jerseys. Which would make sense. So it doesn’t matter how much demand there would be, unfortunately, unless something expires soon, we won’t get them.

The reason you see all kinds of City Edition gear is there’s no licensing limitations in place.
That makes sense for authentics but I don’t think there’s any limitations for the other stuff. i mean in 2019-20 they did make socks and hoodies and tons of t-shirts for all classics (almost as much gear as city edition) and that was wonderful so not sure why they discontinued that.

I would have copped a warriors origins hoodie and warmup shirt instantly if they made those. A snapback hat too, i don’t think even MN or new era made those lol

Last edited:

Here’s a handful of the shooting shirts. Made plenty of swingman shorts. I have the Warriors, bucks and suns.

This year yes but not last year that’s why i said warriors origins. This year they made a tiny bit more stuff but still way less compared to 2019-20

Similarly in 2017-18 they did make warmup shirts but never sold them. Last season they didn’t even make them. Disappointing cuz warriors origins was one of my favorite designs ever

Last edited:
329043981_755353376127038_6265927661828132490_n.png

Still a head scratcher that warriors jerseys last year came w/ the sponsor patch but not this year (if not purchased at team store)

Still a head scratcher that warriors jerseys last year came w/ the sponsor patch but not this year (if not purchased at team store)
I think it’s because Fanatics & NBA Store all share the same stock. Still wack though that they selling without the patch.

Sponsor patch is the new rev30 mesh lol

Something that you can only get at team stores and something diehard OCD collectors and overseas dudes are obsessed with
Most of my authentic Mavs jerseys don't even have the mesh. I had to get a game worn Devin Harris jersey "when he wore 20" to get mesh numbers 😂 however, I don't really care about sponsor patches. I don't bank with Chime so I could care less about being a billboard with them.

I actually prefer the sponsor patches, however, it’s not a deal breaker for me. I’ve opted more times than not for the $200 Fanatics sponsorless (lots of times at 30% off too lol) vs spending $50+ more to get it w/

I do like the Chime patch on the new Mavs City Edition, not because I care about Chime, I just think aesthetically it looks better (as it does on the other Mavs jerseys IMO too). That said, I bought the City without, at a much cheaper price point. I did pick up last years Statement w/ patch but I got it for $125 😎

I need to apologize to Nike for the exclusions in sales. This ish at Saks is wild AF. Only 15% too lol

Designer exclusions (certain categories of over 200 brands ) 😂

Last edited:
a lot of high end retailers don’t allow their brands to be included in sales or discounts like that. They don’t want to devalue their brand. That’s why certain things you can never get on a discount.

Any chance someone picked up an authentic Cade Cunningham city jersey (the red one) from the Pistons team store website when they had them up briefly last season? By the time I saw they were up, my size was gone and I'm hoping to find someone to sell me one at a reasonable price since the resellers on eBay are taxing.

Any chance someone picked up an authentic Cade Cunningham city jersey (the red one) from the Pistons team store website when they had them up briefly last season? By the time I saw they were up, my size was gone and I'm hoping to find someone to sell me one at a reasonable price since the resellers on eBay are taxing.

I was able to

Attachments

• 20221008_184241.jpg
    20221008_184241.jpg
    344.4 KB · Views: 126
Back
Top Bottom