Nike NBA Apparel and Jersey Thread: 2017-18 NBA Season Takeover

This has to be a F&^%$* joke.

I haven't bought any Nike jerseys in a minute and now I know why.

Bring back adidas my god. They at least had some common sense.

:lol: they couldn't even get the team motto right. I thought it was "Keep the main thing, the main thing"

Please fire whoever is coming up with these sorry excuses for basketball jerseys.

:lol: they couldn't even get the team motto right. I thought it was "Keep the main thing, the main thing"

Please fire whoever is coming up with these sorry excuses for basketball jerseys.
Please, you have to remember Nike are the only ones putting food on the table for these poor souls:
-

I like those knicks city jerseys. Little throwback/nod to the Sprewell era.

Kings are def nice.

Toronto ain’t bad.

Memphis is kind of similar to last seasons.

common sense? like making a jersey with sleeves? right...

common sense? like making a jersey with sleeves? right...
basketball jerseys with sleeves make grown men cry.........
--
-
gettyimages-541552850.jpg

Waiting for a Pistons city leak. I actually really liked the green/white/blue St. Cecelia's jerseys last season and I've been hoping they'd run it back but either white with green/blue accents this time, or blue with green/white accents this time.

Since there was some discussion about what was the best period for authentic NBA jerseys a few pages back, I want to chime in that I don't think there was ever a "perfect era".

I'm going to say there were tradeoffs between periods.

It's easy for people who were around in the '90s when Champion made jerseys to have some bias toward that period because they replicated the preferable materials the players wore. They were also made in America. But there were some detail discrepancies as some pointed out.

It wasn't perfect with Nike's first run from 1997-98 to 2003-04 because there were detail discrepancies. The alternate black Bulls jerseys had the wrong font detail and size on them because they went with the same font used on the home and road jerseys when it should have been larger. The Lakers jerseys had incorrect layered stitching when it should have been kiss-cut on the Dri•Fit jerseys.

Reebok & Adidas jerseys had discrepancies with the font styles on the authentics. It's easy to say the quality was cheap on them because most of the teams transitioned to either dazzle or Dri•Fit material, so the retail versions clearly replicated those materials. Everyone preferred the desirable mesh material, but the league opted to go lightweight since Nike took over.

I'm going to say it got worse when Adidas went with the Rev30 material gimmick in 2010-11 because the mesh numbers weren't used on the retail versions. You had to get the boxed versions that were one size only based on the individual player's measurements in order to get an accurate version.

Although the current Nike jerseys are recycled and lightweight materials, at least they got the fonts and stitching style correct as long as you get a factory-made one.

Damn near every design was a banger like 20 years ago

Now every one might be a dud

How does this even happen

Every jersey becomes a “banger” in 20 years. E.g. Raptors Dino jerseys, light blue Nets jerseys, Teal Pistons jerseys, etc. We’ll see the same thing in 2043, where kids will be going crazy over those whack Heat Culture jerseys. Lol

Every jersey becomes a “banger” in 20 years. E.g. Raptors Dino jerseys, light blue Nets jerseys, Teal Pistons jerseys, etc. We’ll see the same thing in 2043, where kids will be going crazy over those whack Heat Culture jerseys. Lol

oh stop. heat culture is just a bunch of pro athletes impregnating cuban girls in their hotel rooms and then going home to their wife and kids

When Toronto had a raptor on their jersey, Grizzlies had the bear on the shorts, Jazz had the mountains, Pistons had the horse, ATL had the Hawk, Suns had the shooting basketball, ya'll already know what the best era of jerseys were.

Last edited:

Naaaaa lol

Nobody gonna be checking for any of these in 20 years

I see what you’re saying but I don’t think it applies here

There was more time put into designing jerseys back in the 90s and 00s. Actually, a lot of the notable designs were produced by a one firm. It’s hard to rollout a good design with annual deadlines. Nostalgia plays a role, but I think a lot of the uniforms today will be forgotten.

Back
Top Bottom