Nike NBA Apparel and Jersey Thread: 2017-18 NBA Season Takeover

Maybe they’ll bring back CREAM CITY

0]

They said they won’t be bringing those back again. Somebody posted last year as to the reasoning and I forgot. Then I found $5.

Edit:

“It is because it would interfere with the technology used for on-court advertisements during the TV broadcast. That problem was first noticed in the 2020 bubble, and cream-colored uniforms have been banned ever since. Until there is a technological improvement made in that sector, cream-colored jerseys won't be used.”

Last edited:
Here's a look at the Pistons City jersey

1696451395487.png

Since there was discussion about the annual City Edition NBA jerseys recently, I'm definitely on the side that doesn't care for them and thinks it's exorbitant they have them annually.

I admit I've maintained an archaic preference for jerseys based on the bygone era when it was just the standard home white and away color jerseys for each team. And with some alternate color jerseys thrown in with some teams, particularly the less popular or bad teams that could use the appeal based on their status.

But I do understand why they exist on an annual basis since Nike took over the NBA contract in 2017. I can actually see it from the perspectives on all sides.

I understand it's clearly a money grab for Nike since they know there's demand for them among lots of fans, so it's quite understandable they're about profit based on that.

I understand lots of fans will clamor for variety with jerseys, so that's why there's a market for them.

I've accepted that the City Edition jerseys are here to stay as long as Nike has the NBA contract. I'll just stick to my guns about my preferences for jerseys and not get them.

Here’s a pic of the Hawks city court. Gives an idea of the colors.
3712217D-2C21-4E9D-B820-1367F52DE981.jpeg
40DA4B0D-088E-4260-884D-7740258BC189.jpeg

Also another pic of suns jersey.

They are black, and are an ode to the theme parks in Orlando according to someone from the sports logos.net forums
Conrad didn’t post that on that board. That was another poster who was speculating on ones we haven’t seen yet.

Wearing city jerseys for one season hurts the nostalgia factor. Jerseys change so often i can barely recall what the jersey rotation looks like this season.

One exception is the phx valley jerseys that phx wore 2 years and made a nba finals appearance.

I haven’t even worn my valley jersey yet cuz the cut of it is so weird

So many of the jerseys since Nike started have fit mad weird around the chest and shoulders

Back
Top Bottom