Nike NBA Apparel and Jersey Thread: 2017-18 NBA Season Takeover

In my opinion, those are :
-Forced.
-Uninspired and forgettable, sometimes plain ugly.
-Not respecting the team's colors for several of them.
-Of the same color as another uniform the team already uses (Hornets using three teal uniforms this season, for exemple...) for several of them.

Home (white), Road (colored), Alternate (colored), Classic (for HWC Nights) was the way to go for me... that City program has been out of puff for a while now.

The NBA has been renowed for its iconic uniforms in the past. Why were they considered iconic ? Because they were remain unchanged for a long time. Nike trying to bring the football (soccer) model into basketball is completely destroying that. It's kind of sad...

Plus the quality of the swingman versions often looks cheap, and sometimes it just seems that Nike uses plain blank jerseys for all the teams, and just slaps a team logo on it and calls it a day, that's not designing...

times have def changed.

When I saw the Suns, Hawks, and Hornets take the court in their respective third uniforms back in 1994, I was diggin’ them but at the same time it was a “wow” moment. Especially the black Suns uniforms. And the. A season later when the Bulls debuted the black pinstripe ubiforms against Orlando, that was a big deal.

NBA been trying to do extra stuff which nba uniforms. The Bulls suggested the Mike and Co wear the red uniform at home against the Knicks on Christmas Day in 1992, and they refused due to to the tradition of wearing white at home.

And that was my Ted Talk on NBA uniform lore.

Nothing like a rusty *** brand New Jersey
Well, how about a new Rusty **** jersey?

kansas-city-royals-center-fielder-lorenzo-cain-6-smiles-alongside-first-base-coach-rusty-kuntz-after-beating-out-an-infield-single-during-the-third-inning-against-the-toronto-blue-jays-in-the-alcs-game-6-at-kaufman-stadium-in-kansas-city-on-october-23-2015-kansas-city-hold-a-3-2-series-lead-photo-by-kevin-dietschupi-TXX8GP.jpg

-

I know this is a long shot, but maybe someone can help me out? I missed out on the Bulls pre-game shorts in all black in size L yesterday on the bay. In case anybody has come across them or has them and is willing to let go of them, please send me a PM, in order to work something out. Thanks everyone in advance!

Photo 5.jpg Photo 3.jpg Photo 1.jpg

I know a lot of people are against this because "it's just for fun" but if you make it so the winner gets home court in the finals.. then maybe players will try.

As for jerseys Nike/NBA just need to go through the old jerseys and modernize them. They'd be an instant hit.

Change the format, change the uniforms, the issue with the All Star game is players just don't care about it. If the Kobe format hasn't kept players motivated, I don't know what will.

Back in the day there was a balance between players taking the game serious and players taking the game for what it was/is (an exhibition game).

Of course there was always a money incentive for the winner.

Although I previously mentioned that City Edition jerseys were bland and way too saturated on an annual basis for me, I got last year's version of the Lakers to use as a trade piece earlier this month.
IMG_7162.JPG
IMG_7163.JPG

I now realize that every NBA team has an alternate jersey by default ever since Nike got the contract again in 2017. I liked it better in the past when only some teams had an alternate jersey. I previously mentioned it was better suited for the bad teams or less popular teams to have an alternate jersey because they could use the exposure based on those factors. It's just way too saturated for all teams to have one now.

After having a conversation with someone earlier this week, we agreed that shoe companies tended to have too much input in the present regarding uniform designs and color selections.

Back
Top Bottom