Nike NBA Apparel and Jersey Thread: 2017-18 NBA Season Takeover

redmurcury is bang on. I personally hate the new jerseys because they are ugly af (subjective) but the construction quality is excellent.

All the people making fun of the sweat issue dont understand that the jerseys are functioning exactly as intended, moving moisture away from the body for quicker evaporation. Its not going to look pretty

They are also made of the same material as the nba jerseys so theres that

Is the La Lakers/Clippers store at Crypto arena open during the off season? What happens at the arena during the NBA offseason?

Is the La Lakers/Clippers store at Crypto arena open during the off season? What happens at the arena during the NBA offseason?

The Team LA store is open the entire year. They only close early on days of games or events. Just give them a call to get verification the day you plan to go so you can time it right for yourself.

Those new MLB jerseys are trash. And I made it a priority to reserve judgment on them until I had them in hand and got to check them out and make necessary comparisons. I wanted to have an open mind toward them despite all the negative publicity they’ve gotten the last few weeks.

The only silver lining they have is they got rid of the diaper back which looked bad on pinstripe jerseys. The smaller names and numbers just look cheap and tacky and come off as an inferior product at an increased price.

You may get a few people who are fine with the changes and if they’re fine spending their money on them, then more power to them. But I wasn’t feeling them.

The diaper butt was wack and always has been wack. The big letters were outdated. You could make the current Nike ones a bit bigger but the old ones were 90s leftover design.

Embroidery patches are also dated. Nike probably can add more materials to the patches(rubbery material ) but the thick heavy patches been gone.

Not when you are a player and have to tuck your jersey into your pants on a hot summer day.
same goes for the mesh side panels, they were great.

you seem to forget the jerseys were made for the players, not people like you.

Last edited:
I visited the Team LA store in Crypto.com Arena on Thursday after calling them earlier that day about the Bibigo patches they had in stock. When I got there, I realized the lady on the phone gave me wrong information because the only patch they had didn't match with the current Statement Lakers jersey I have.

Upon seeing the batch of patches they had, they actually looked identical to the ones that are sold on eBay.

My question is are the sponsor patches that are sold on eBay the same as the ones that come affixed on the retail versions sold at the arenas?

I believe there was a prior discussion on here that the sponsor patches on the authentic jerseys are replicas even if they are sold at the arenas.

Are the affixed patches on the retail versions different from the ones the players wear?

I admit I'm a meticulous weirdo who really cares about having my authentics resemble what the players wear for accuracy reasons.

Would it be any different or perhaps wrong if I get a Bibigo patch from eBay that resembled the ones from Team LA to apply on a jersey?
I’m gonna say they’re likely identical. I have a swingman and an authentic and the sponsor patches are the exact same, minus how they were applied to the jersey. Looking at hi-res pics online of the in-game jerseys, the patch looks the same.

I think some common sense is warranted here: Nike and the teams care more about the craftsmanship and design of the jerseys. They don’t care as much about the sponsor. The patches are made in bulk. It’s not likely they’re ordering two batches of different patches. What do they have to gain by using a higher quality patch on the authentic? Or just on the players’ jerseys? They do have something to gain by using better materials for the jersey on the authentics. People will pay more for better quality. Now you’re probably saying “I’ll pay more for a better quality patch!” but also realize you’re the exception.

Team stores like Team LA are the only places you can get jerseys with sponsor patches. Doesn’t add up for me that the equipment manager has a few handfuls of patches just for the players jerseys while just down the hall the team store has different, lesser quality patches just for the jerseys for sale.

Last edited:
Not when you are a player and have to tuck your jersey into your pants on a hot summer day.
same goes for the mesh side panels, they were great.

you seem to forget the jerseys were made for the players, not people like you.
So a diaper butt is good since it’s functional but Nike making the entire thing more breathable and lighter not good lol. People will justify their hate anyway they can.

Thick twill and patches also not good in the heat.

Last edited:
So a diaper butt is good since it’s functional but Nike making the entire thing more breathable and lighter not good lol. People will justify their hate anyway they can.

Thick twill and patches also not good in the heat.
How the hell can these jerseys be more breathable??
Do you own any of the previous Majestic authentics?
They were/are very breathable, and have mesh at the bottom and under the arms !

Mesh is a hell of lot better than any solid fabric.

-
"Thick twill and patches also not good in the heat"

Okay, you are joking right?

Then tell us how the ****ing huge ad patches will make the players preform better!

Go on, we are listening :emoji_ear::emoji_ear:

s-l1200.webp
FojZRHrWAAEovQ3

These new ad patches will improve player swing rate and OPS by up to 38%

And reduce jock itch by a whopping 69% !!

:emoji_heart_eyes:

How the hell can these jerseys be more breathable??
Do you own any of the previous Majestic authentics?
They were/are very breathable, and have mesh at the bottom and under the arms !

Mesh is a hell of lot better than any solid fabric.

-
"Thick twill and patches also not good in the heat"

Okay, you are joking right?

Then tell us how the ****ing huge ad patches will make the players preform better!

Go on, we are listening :emoji_ear::emoji_ear:

I have both. I have a bunch of authentics. Do you have the new Nike? Who said it’s all solid material. Whole thing is fine mesh.

I said THICK twill. Not ads

What’s crazy is they used to wear wool jerseys for decades before switching to double knit jerseys in the late 60’s or early 70’s.

Those things lasted well over 30 years until someone said “hey guys, let’s try these new cool base jerseys out” in 2006 or so.

I do agree with the current Nike NBA jersey comparison for the MLB jerseys. I do think that stuff works for NBA jerseys since players are often just wearing the jersey tank top. But for baseball where players are wearing stuff underneath and sometimes even layers in the colder months, I don’t think it has the same impact.

I’m curious to the opinion the players will have on the current template as the season progresses and they get used to it. I also wonder how long Nike will stick with the current template if the general sentiment public opinion wise remains negative.

What’s crazy is they used to wear wool jerseys for decades before switching to double knit jerseys in the late 60’s or early 70’s.

Those things lasted well over 30 years until someone said “hey guys, let’s try these new cool base jerseys out” in 2006 or so.

I do agree with the current Nike NBA jersey comparison for the MLB jerseys. I do think that stuff works for NBA jerseys since players are often just wearing the jersey tank top. But for baseball where players are wearing stuff underneath and sometimes even layers in the colder months, I don’t think it has the same impact.

I’m curious to the opinion the players will have on the current template as the season progresses and they get used to it. I also wonder how long Nike will stick with the current template if the general sentiment public opinion wise remains negative.

Nike likely doesn’t care… I’m sure the profit margins are significantly higher on this newest version. That’s been their objective for the last 15 years… charge more for less.

Nike likely doesn’t care… I’m sure the profit margins are significantly higher on this newest version. That’s been their objective for the last 15 years… charge more for less.

I would love to see how well they’re doing, and how much they’re producing authentic wise.

Because aside from the local team and maybe a superstar player or two. You really don’t see authentic jerseys stocked in brick and mortar stores like you once did. Living in LA, I could go to a store like image and find some Dodger authentics, but no Laker authentics or any NFL authentics. A lot of times authentics can only be found at the team store or at the arena. And I can imagine it’s in much smaller quantities for less popular teams.

Even when I worked at some jersey stores years ago they were starting to phase out authentics and just limit them to the local teams since a lot of stuff would just sit and people would complain about the prices.

I was confused af and kept thinking I was in the wrong thread. :lol:
Why the hell are those dudes still wearing button-up shirts to play a game? MLB jerseys are trash, regardless of the manufacturer. Dudes sneaking that MLB talk in here like Neopolitan 11 fans sneaking their pics into the Jordan 11 Gratitude thread. :lol:

Why the hell are those dudes still wearing button-up shirts to play a game? MLB jerseys are trash, regardless of the manufacturer. Dudes sneaking that MLB talk in here like Neopolitan 11 fans sneaking their pics into the Jordan 11 Gratitude thread. :lol:

Not much going on in the nba world. I guess leaks season is around the corner. Maybe some new uniforms come end of the season.

Back
Top Bottom