NIKE PETITION OR BOYCOTT

i dont understand why some of u guys are hating on someone that is trying to fix the sneaker community

Originally Posted by Stuntman Mike

looks like that boycott was a success!
Obama+Fence.jpg

only way you could even penentrate nike is by completely boycotting the products from every angle, but see that wont happen cause its the new generation sneaker heads that are making it worse everyone. they dont know the difference between a good shoe and a bad shoe, GOOD shoe to them = limited release or OG colorway, bad shoes to them= a shoe that everyone could get or a non hype shoe.

Originally Posted by jsfeen304

In my opinion what a limited hyped sneaker makes it hotter...the girl sneaker heads gonna be like he got galaxy's on his feet if everybody has em they're losing my interest I feel like most guys want something we like that not everybody has

Maybe the worst post in NT history.

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

Boycotting isn't gonna solve anything because it's not an issue that effects people's lives enough. I couldn't get south beach Lebron's because of all the hype. Couldn't get cement IV's because of all the hype. Almost missed out on Red Foams because of hype. It happens. But the only result is that I don't have a specific pair of kicks and I have a little extra money in my pocket. Still have my health, still have my job, wife, family, etc...

Take a stance on something that actually effects people's well being, that's the time to start a petition. When it comes to kicks, it makes more sense to make a personal decision for your own piece of mind. "I'm taking a break from Nike's and Jordan's because all the hype has kind of killed it for me, and they don't appreciate their consumer. I'd rather spend my money elsewhere." Now you don't deal with the frustration of not getting a release. As long as it breaks your heart to not get foams, they have you right where they want you. All you're doing by trying to boycott is stirring up more hype.
This. If it's the hype that gets you, then just don't buy. I'm definitely slowing down my purchases of Nike's/Jordan's especially to those shoes that I really wanted as a kid and couldn't get. Playoffs and Obsidian XIIs namely. Other than that I might buy 1 pair of Lebrons or KDs if I can get them on sale or if they're something that is incredible visually. I'm not slowing down just because of the hype though, it's because of Nike's horrible working conditions for the people that actually make the shoes and because they continue to target lower class people that lead to situations like the pigeon dunk riot or the Orlando riot this weekend.  If you disagree with a company, the only way to make them change is by hitting them in the pocket book.

TL;DR

If you want to boycott Nike, just stop buying the damn shoes.

When has a boycott of Nike ever really worked, let alone possible? I've been here on NT from the start and have always heard this, but how can you convince every single person who feels the same way as you to boycott Nike shoes to even cause a dent in Nike's profits? No matter what, everyone else will continue to buy and Nike does not care what we think as consumers. In their eyes, everyone will buy regardless of the limitations, prices, they put on their products.

Not happy with it? Man up and stop buying Nike in general. That's a way for you to contribute to a personal boycott. Plus, one less person crying about all this mess. Nike does not owe you any favors or anything in general. We've had a similar discussion in the General forum regarding all this.

Simple fact, Nike doesn't care about you, all they care about is the $$$ they make off of you. They don't care if you whine, cry, throw fits for not getting your pair. Retire from the "game" if you can't put up with the harsh realities associated with purchasing these items. At the end of the day, it's just shoes and more so a luxury. Go rock some Adidas, Pumas, Reeboks, or Vans.

for some odd reason i just like comparing nike to apple when it comes to popularity and "hip" trendy culture. Apple made headlines when they were criticized for the sweat shop labor conditions in china and nike came under fire for that too. only some adjustments were made and the conditions probably still continute. however no one is really taking a stand against apple because their products are overpriced, they find an alternative cause there are available. Nike makes certain premium products without considering the quality these days and regardless if they are expensive or not, regardless is theres a million produced or 1/1 produced the question is will nike create more because we truly demand it? Will they care if everyone cannot get a retail pair on rd? Well theres always fila, reebok, adidas, puma, etc.

I used to care about this when you miss out on some of the best releases however i think we should realize that resellers and hustlers are mainly to blame for these troubles. I can guarantee if everyone followed the 2 pair limit per customer rule we would have some left over for everybody. guess what man? nobody cares and hate to say its a fact of life. People say yea son do some work and you can get pair are some of the hypocrites that have more than 2 pairs in their possession AND then they like to troll around by reselling them in their sigs. Oh yea althought its unfair and mean its legal on niketalk. no rules are broken about that.

People camped and protested on wall street, anybody care? Im not that far from zucotti park and I still didnt go down there to witness the ruckus cause I knew nothing productive will come out of that. Wall street, the gov't, politicians, business ceos, point the finger at the bigwigs and nothing happens to them since they are creators of what we desire or hate.

Originally Posted by Cement Greyman

Originally Posted by toughmoney

I feel your pain OP.......Lets just hope Nike release more of the galaxies later on like the cough drops and pearls. It's very much possible.

Don't count on that.
Counting on that
pimp.gif

Put me down the non-sens has to stop. And though the battle seem lost... I have faith n hope that it will change. Factory workers on strike + customers boycott would help....
At least let them hear our voice.
Lets.pick a.date.n have all sneakerheads sneakercollectors call and or.email nike. And complain about.their price.hike....
Nxt.step we.could all make orders on a.set date and cancel all of.em....
Just.ideas.... M sure we.can make an impact...
Or we can just watch nike take all of our hard earned money... Coz they know the demand will be there anyway.... Our kids will just follow our steps and nike will gt richer while we enable. them.....

Back
Top Bottom