Nike REACT ....INSTANT GO

A friend of mine spilled red wine on my epics so I grabbed Club soda and a napkin to try to clean it off but ink from the napkin ended up bleeding onto the knit making it worse. :lol: :smh:

Short of throwing hands, any advice on cleaning it up?

A friend of mine spilled red wine on my epics so I grabbed Club soda and a napkin to try to clean it off but ink from the napkin ended up bleeding onto the knit making it worse. :lol: :smh:

Throw legs

If the napkin bled that easily, then it should come off with just detergent and water. As for red wine, there are red wine neutralizers sold at wino websites like wine enthusiast that change the red clear on contact. Avoid hot water and chlorine, as I've had those attack the glue and flyknit. An oxidizer like Oxiclean should be OK, but try it on a hidden area first.

I clean my kids' Pegasus in a bucket of cold water, chlorine, and oxidizer and they come out glowing afterward, but Peggys are a little more durable than Epics as they are flymesh and sonic welded, while Epics are flyknit and heat activated glued together.

30CA69D7-8020-42AA-9D78-B5A91944966A.jpeg
A0ED03BF-4346-48D4-93B0-F68FB17EE56A.jpeg

My girl and I got matching pairs. I was breaking them in, thought I had some good pairs but then mine started squeaking/popping while walking around the museum smh.

Any solutions for this ?? I copped on eBay

06/23
EXP-X14 SE
WHITE/TOTAL ORANGE/BLACK/WOLF GREY
BLACK/TOTAL ORANGE/WHITE/COOL GREY

Product Details#M0266

Drawing inspiration from Nike Running shoes such as the Nike Zoom Drive, Nike EXP-X14 SE White Men's Shoe races off the track and onto the street with a fast design and shape. Nike React technology delivers lightweight durability and a smooth feel while the layered upper showcases bold "JDI" branding.

Benefits
  • Design and shape are inspired by Nike Running shoes to create a fast look.
  • Nike React technology delivers lightweight cushioning.
  • Layered materials on the upper showcase the Flywire cables underneath.
  • Full rubber outsole for traction and durability.
20180617004629.jpg
20180617004630.jpg

06/23
EXP-X14 SE
WHITE/TOTAL ORANGE/BLACK/WOLF GREY
BLACK/TOTAL ORANGE/WHITE/COOL GREY

Product Details#M0266

Drawing inspiration from Nike Running shoes such as the Nike Zoom Drive, Nike EXP-X14 SE White Men's Shoe races off the track and onto the street with a fast design and shape. Nike React technology delivers lightweight durability and a smooth feel while the layered upper showcases bold "JDI" branding.

Benefits
  • Design and shape are inspired by Nike Running shoes to create a fast look.
  • Nike React technology delivers lightweight cushioning.
  • Layered materials on the upper showcase the Flywire cables underneath.
  • Full rubber outsole for traction and durability.
20180617004629.jpg
20180617004630.jpg

I do like these.

Attachments

• nike-exp-x14-running-shoe-release-date-2.jpg
    nike-exp-x14-running-shoe-release-date-2.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 34

My girl and I got matching pairs. I was breaking them in, thought I had some good pairs but then mine started squeaking/popping while walking around the museum smh.

It’s the type of flooring you walk on! Vapormax do the the same thing...

It’s the type of flooring you walk on! Vapormax do the the same thing...
Na it'll have on any flooring. Carpet, wood, concrete... anything. If you get moisture build up in them, they'll pop on anything. Only option is to let them sit for a few days and completely dry out. Then you can wear then for a day with no popping, but then let them dry out again haha.

Yeah the Epic popping is a different phenomenon than Vapormax. The Vapormax is just a squeak due to the rubber on the sole.

Na it'll have on any flooring. Carpet, wood, concrete... anything. If you get moisture build up in them, they'll pop on anything. Only option is to let them sit for a few days and completely dry out. Then you can wear then for a day with no popping, but then let them dry out again haha.

I was up in Chicago, I was thinking there was some moisture in there esp with the high humidity this past weekend

I was up in Chicago, I was thinking there was some moisture in there esp with the high humidity this past weekend
I've cut open the cloth and fiber stroble on top of the react foam on my pair, and I think it's not the air bubble stuck there that creates the popping noise. Instead, the noise came from the rubbing between the fiber stroble plate and the react foam. Both are rubber/plastic in nature, and when moisture builds up it becomes sticky and when you walk the two rub against each other which caused the noise. That's exactly why some ppl cut open the stroble and the noise still remains. You will have to glue the fiber plate tight with the react foam so that they won't rub against each other to create the noise.

If you want to, you gotta slit about 0.5-1 inch open of the strobel [the grey cloth] underneath the insole at the front of the forefoot area or wherever you see that lump. Once you pop it open, you gotta glue it all down again. The reason for the popping is that glue coverage isn't 100%, so whatever moisture gets built up, it ends up at a non-glued spot.

Otherwise, let it air out if you can. As a heads-up, the cold temperature can change the foam's hardness since it reacts [no pun intended] to temperature changes [stiffer when it's colder, softer when it's warmer]. Probably won't be a good long-term fix at all, if anything.

Back
Top Bottom