Nike REACT ....INSTANT GO

Jordan Proto-React

DnlHLfoV4AA_bvc.png

DnlHLhCU4AExzsA.png

Roshes sold cuz they were fairly cheap and readily available with many color options...
Roshes are $100ish depending on which one you get. 55s will be $130 right? They'll make a ton of colors and they'll be readily available.

I'm not saying they'll sell as many as they did Roshes, just saying I think the plain 55 would sell more than the cutting edge 87. The 87 is just too much for the average consumer. I mean a lot of people here have trouble pulling them off. Hell I'm a sneaker guy and they are too much for me. 45 year old Dan in IT isnt going to rock an 87. Its just too much.

Jordan Apex-Utility

j1.jpg
j2.jpg
j3.jpg
j4.jpg
j5.jpg
j6.jpg
j7.jpg

September 20, 2018 - Nike React technology meets the Air Jordan I to create a new silhouette within Jordan Brand's Flight Utility range: the Jordan Apex-Utility.

The shoe features an expressive Nike React technology midsole, translucent shroud and Flyknit Air Jordan 1 upper. Adjustable heel straps allow for custom fit, while Flight Utility graphic details appear on the tongue and heel tabs.

The Jordan Apex-Utility will release in 2019

https://news.nike.com/footwear/jordan-apex-utility

surprised you didnt grab OG blacks. aren't black shoes your thing?
Black soles/tonal/textures/little hits of detail is a thing I like (black kaws 90 for example). If the soles are white/light, I might as well go for the artistry in color blocking. I found the og blacks mask some of the more nuanced parts of the shoe.

Roshes are $100ish depending on which one you get. 55s will be $130 right? They'll make a ton of colors and they'll be readily available.

I'm not saying they'll sell as many as they did Roshes, just saying I think the plain 55 would sell more than the cutting edge 87. The 87 is just too much for the average consumer. I mean a lot of people here have trouble pulling them off. Hell I'm a sneaker guy and they are too much for me. 45 year old Dan in IT isnt going to rock an 87. Its just too much.

But a 34 year old me will rock the hell out of some 87’s in the office...... lol!!!!

the translucent "shroud" i think is a better idea then full on translucent upper...still not feeling those Jordan's

I like the 55s but i feel like i might just end up copping some epic reacts on sale over 55s new. I just love the uppers on the epic react

But a 34 year old me will rock the hell out of some 87’s in the office...... lol!!!!
Haha for sure. I'm 40 myself. The 87 is just a wild and aggressive sneaker. I think it's too much for the average consumer. I love the look and that's why I have the sails but it's a pretty aggressive look. Same with things like most of the off white collection. I think most of them are amazing but the average consumer isn't trying to wear deconstructed Chicago 1s with neon green laces and a plastic tag hanging off them. Us sneaker guys love them but it's too much for Suzy homemaker.

In general, plain and basic sneakers will outsell wild and cutting edge sneakers with the general public. It's like a BBQ competition. The goal isnt to make the best food, the goal is to not offend anyone. If I make super bold food, 6 of 10 judges may say it's the best food they've ever had in their life. 4 may say it was too spicy and give me a 0 bc they couldn't handle the heat. If you go to Bonos or Sonnys, the flavors are very bland. Dont offend anyone.

Same rules apply with sneakers. Simple plain and basic will always sell well bc the average consumer views a shoe as a necessity and wants one pair that they can wear with any outfit every day. 87s aren't that but 55s are.

Haha for sure. I'm 40 myself. The 87 is just a wild and aggressive sneaker. I think it's too much for the average consumer. I love the look and that's why I have the sails but it's a pretty aggressive look. Same with things like most of the off white collection. I think most of them are amazing but the average consumer isn't trying to wear deconstructed Chicago 1s with neon green laces and a plastic tag hanging off them. Us sneaker guys love them but it's too much for Suzy homemaker.

In general, plain and basic sneakers will outsell wild and cutting edge sneakers with the general public. It's like a BBQ competition. The goal isnt to make the best food, the goal is to not offend anyone. If I make super bold food, 6 of 10 judges may say it's the best food they've ever had in their life. 4 may say it was too spicy and give me a 0 bc they couldn't handle the heat. If you go to Bonos or Sonnys, the flavors are very bland. Dont offend anyone.

Same rules apply with sneakers. Simple plain and basic will always sell well bc the average consumer views a shoe as a necessity and wants one pair that they can wear with any outfit every day. 87s aren't that but 55s are.

I dunno like I would normally agree but I think if you muted the colors (let’s say same or so colorways as the 55’s)and made these a 130 dollar GR and kept the clear dots in the sole, more people would buy these over the 55’s. My 44 yo brother bought a pair of the black 87’s when he saw my sails and he wears mandals like everyday and mad regular people who wear **** shoes have expressed that they liked and wanted them, not even knowing about the limited hype. Maybe some of the colorways are too strong for your average but the shoe itself I think personally would be more wanted than those 55’s.

But we’ll never know cuz none of those factors are going to occur

Last edited:
I dunno like I would normally agree but I think if you muted the colors (let’s say same or so colorways as the 55’s)and made these a 130 dollar GR and kept the clear dots in the sole, more people would buy these over the 55’s. My 44 yo brother bought a pair of the black 87’s when he saw my sails and he wears mandals like everyday and mad regular people who wear **** shoes have expressed that they liked and wanted them, not even knowing about the limited hype. Maybe some of the colorways are too strong for your average but the shoe itself I think personally would be more wanted than those 55’s.

But we’ll never know cuz. One of those factors are going to occur
Yea you're right, we'll definitely never know. I just think the see through upper would be too much for most people. I could totally be wrong though.

4 colorways of the element react 55 are dropping Sept 29... check snkrs app now lol. You can already cop the black and volt in MENS AND WOMENS FSR at FNL Topanga Westfield Mall near LA...

Back
Top Bottom