Nike REACT ....INSTANT GO

IMG_20181009_000719.jpg
IMG_20181009_000721.jpg
IMG_20181009_000723.jpg
IMG_20181009_000724.jpg

Pls dont say this is wmns only

Definitely agree to disagree because it’s not “way” better as you put it. If you think a few tiny pieces of suede and leather makes them way better then more power to you. The see through plastic alone definitely isn’t any better than what’s on 55s. Especially considering the fact that it doesn’t repel water or dirt at all. Agree to disagree.

Put me in the 87>55 camp. Maybe until the suede uppers come. 87's have always been the OG since I first saw the Undercover early samples.

55's stay playing it safe and looking GR.

Put me in the 87>55 camp. Maybe until the suede uppers come. 87's have always been the OG since I first saw the Undercover early samples.

55's stay playing it safe and looking GR.

Look I’m not here to say 87s aren’t good at all or that 55s are any better. The fact is that the only difference is the upper. Uppers on both is equally as cheap minus the the tiny suede/leather hits on the 87 and the wacky cws the 87 tend to have. 55s might be “boring” to those that gravitate to loud colors, gimmicks, hype, colorful socks and IG post touting “shoe of the year?”. They automatically think “ooh it’s so much better” but really you and others who feel this way are just mindlessly blinded by the hype of the 87. It’s a huge gimmick and obviously it’s working. $30 extra for what? Two pieces of suede and loud colors? Nike’s laughing to the bank as usual. 55s are a much better bang for your buck IMO. You’re getting the exact same cushioning setup. It’s basically the exact same shoe. Oh well, hype on. Hopefully they hype em so much that Nike restocks the black/white 87. Only pair I really wanted anyway.

Last edited:
55s might be “boring” to those that gravitate to loud colors, gimmicks, hype, colorful socks and IG post touting “shoe of the year?”. They automatically think “ooh it’s so much better” but really you and others who feel this way are just mindlessly blinded by the hype of the 87. It’s a huge gimmick and obviously it’s working. $30 extra for what? Two pieces of suede and loud colors? Nike’s laughing to the bank as usual..

The Undercover 87s is what I signed up for back in March. They were the only 87/55 silhouette available to see before Nike finally dropped the non-collab. So to me, they're OG,and what I liked first, before the "hype" or whatever you're talking about. If you like the safer 55s better, cool. I don't know why you make it sound like the 87s stole your girl or something. :tongue:

Look I’m not here to say 87s aren’t good at all or that 55s are any better. The fact is that the only difference is the upper. Uppers on both is equally as cheap minus the the tiny suede/leather hits on the 87 and the wacky cws the 87 tend to have. 55s might be “boring” to those that gravitate to loud colors, gimmicks, hype, colorful socks and IG post touting “shoe of the year?”. They automatically think “ooh it’s so much better” but really you and others who feel this way are just mindlessly blinded by the hype of the 87. It’s a huge gimmick and obviously it’s working. $30 extra for what? Two pieces of suede and loud colors? Nike’s laughing to the bank as usual. 55s are a much better bang for your buck IMO. You’re getting the exact same cushioning setup. It’s basically the exact same shoe. Oh well, hype on. Hopefully they hype em so much that Nike restocks the black/white 87. Only pair I really wanted anyway.

You literally just made a whole post trashing the 87s and people that wear them, and ended the post with “ I want a pair of 87s”

:rofl:

Last edited:
guys guys guys at the end of the day it all comes down to preference

you say 87 i say 55

one looks like a shoe the other looks like a fish tank with your toes in it :emoji_blush:

55’s are boring as hell. Havent seen a must have colorway/iteraion of it yet.

You love the 55s because if it had “undercover” written across it or see through uppers or loud offsetting colors you’d love em. Because then they’d be what the 87s are. Also the rope laces on 55s ARE better than the ribbon laces on 87s. That’s just a fact lol.

You literally just made a whole post trashing the 87s and people that were them, and ended the post with “ I want a pair of 87s”

:rofl:

Not true. You’re being kinda sensitive lol. Never said I didn’t like 87s. I also liked them from the jump just hated the manufactured hype they rolled them out with. Just don’t understand folks who are so pro 87s yet at the same time so anti 55s. I just think it’s funny. Carry on.

i dont get how you could think people only like them because theyre about hyped colorways and gimmicks and that its actually a good looking model. Whichever one you like the best aside, the 87 are for most part a good looking and more exciting shoe (the upper, the colorways, the translucent parts of the sole that are not present in the 55) than the 55. Its not like these are a pair of hyped for no reason off white blazers, people legit like this shoe alot. I dont think people are anti 55 they just dont see a reason to get them with the rarity of the 87 going down/personal preference, etc. Its ok if a couple people state they dont want em. the same amount of people state they dont want the 87 lol.

55’s are boring as hell. Havent seen a must have colorway/iteraion of it yet.
i said the same thing until i saw the suedes. those are a must have.

What’s going on in here?

In short, dhtowng dhtowng is having a bad day and is taking it out on the Element 87.

Haha honestly though bro I don’t know, this guy is all over the place. First he says he doesn’t like the 87s cause of the hype, then he says he wants them to keep getting hyped so he can buy the OG Anthracite pair for himself. Now he’s back to not liking them because they’re hyped.

I don’t know, it’s hard keeping up :rolleyes

Crazy how I go from 1 pair to 6 in a matter of a few days lol.

I know, I know... Part of me wishes they would quit releasing more 87's because I gotta have em all for the collection. But other part of me is looking forward to future combos/materials. At least they are getting cheaper to pickup resale since I got no place local to cop.

pmRSPG2Oj

Neptunes at the gym today.

Got Lakeside UCs on the way from FP, and Desert Sands on the way from StockX.

Crazy how I go from 1 pair to 6 in a matter of a few days lol.

Definitely something about that CW that makes it the best out of the 3 new ones. Its like...loud but not loud.

You love the 55s because if it had “undercover” written across it or see through uppers or loud offsetting colors you’d love em. Because then they’d be what the 87s are. Also the rope laces on 55s ARE better than the ribbon laces on 87s. That’s just a fact lol.

Yeah...exactly. If it had Undercover, which also means it would probably have some key design elements then it would be a lot more interesting. But it doesnt so what ifs dont work here. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom