Nike REACT ....INSTANT GO

EB0EE86D-2A13-47DE-9BB3-0AA371801077.jpeg

I read on solereview that React loses most of its cushioning and responsiveness in freezing conditions. This true?

mannn i wanna pull thr trigger on the mint black 55's but im not sure if as size up would be too much. i got one pair of epics in a full size up and they arent that bad.... hmmm

mannn i wanna pull thr trigger on the mint black 55's but im not sure if as size up would be too much. i got one pair of epics in a full size up and they arent that bad.... hmmm

do you have a wide foot? If you do, that would be the only reason to really go up a half size.

do you have a wide foot? If you do, that would be the only reason to really go up a half size.
no its just kinda fat at the top by the laces. I have a pair of 55's in an 11 that fit ok, ideally id lik ea 11.5 but i was just wondering if it wouldn't be toooo big in a 12. i feel like for 80 bucks its worth a shot since these things keep coming and going at finishline.

I read on solereview that React loses most of its cushioning and responsiveness in freezing conditions. This true?

I read this review some time ago. They never tested the shoe in a cold weather. They put the shoe in a freezer for an hour... One would think if I'm running in these and they compress every stride and the road to sole friction builds heat they would be fine...

Based on their review, I caved and bought a pair just to satisfy my curiosity. After a few runs, I was hooked... I started in Nike just like the majority but gave up on them after awhile. The cushion was too firm. Tried Vomeros and Pegs but they felt like bricks. This react cushion is nice.... Finally I get to run in something different than my HOKA Cliftons. Now I have two pairs of Odyssey reacts and about to get a pair of Gunsmoke Epics for casual wearing...

I read this review some time ago. They never tested the shoe in a cold weather. They put the shoe in a freezer for an hour... One would think if I'm running in these and they compress every stride and the road to sole friction builds heat they would be fine...

Based on their review, I caved and bought a pair just to satisfy my curiosity. After a few runs, I was hooked... I started in Nike just like the majority but gave up on them after awhile. The cushion was too firm. Tried Vomeros and Pegs but they felt like bricks. This react cushion is nice.... Finally I get to run in something different than my HOKA Cliftons. Now I have two pairs of Odyssey reacts and about to get a pair of Gunsmoke Epics for casual wearing...
id recommend element 55's for casual walking, they have a bit more cushion as where the epics are stiffer for physical activity (and the osysee's more stiff that that) but the epics do give you a better bang for buck since they can be had on discount in a bunch of colors.

IMG_3547.JPG

Second of three colorway came in from latest pack: React Element 87 thunder blue total orange. Very surprised with colorway in hand. Had thought last of the three. Very clean look. Nice.

IMG_3545.JPG

First of three colorway picked up from latest pack: React Element 87 blue chill solar red. Went true to size 10.5. Exact width with about extra half thumb in length.
Favorite colorway of the three. Fast UK shipping. Finally able to secure a full release drop. Something different from usual Air Max or Boost. Still enjoying this model.

sorry if this has been asked but how are the epic reacts when running? my flyknit lunars give me blisters and I need new running shoes.

got a 10% coupon code on NDC so might pull the trigger on either the black/blue pair or the gunsmoke.

thanks in advance

Solid all round. When I travel they’re the only shoe I take. I have black/blue. I wear them in airport and for runs after. Two in one.

I run in rotation with Pegasus Turbo, Pegasus 35, Zoom Fly, and Vaporfly 4%. Each of those has strong characteristics that you’ll love or hate. Epic’s are neutral. You’ll likely love them but you won’t hate them. They’re not the fastest but they’re the most comfortable for casual runs.

Only downside is that some people including me find them right around the mid foot. I’ve found they loosen up after a few runs and don’t notice it anymore.

Yes, I found REACT to be extremely temp sensitive. On days in mid 40's, the midsole is too firm... on days in the mid 90's, the midsole is too squishy. In both low and high temps, the midsole still has some give to it, it is just too stiff in extreme cold and feels like unstable jiggly jelly on hot days. However, I don't mind, as if it is too cold or hot for REACT it is too cold or hot to run. ZoomX and Boost are both supposedly much more temperature independent. However, Epics are still my fav running shoe.

Yep, I enjoyed running in the Epic Reacts until the FK stretched a bit too much and I no longer felt locked in. But the coldest I’ve run in them was 10C/50F and I’m curious if anyone has experienced the ride in freezing temperatures.

I got a size 10.5 in the orange and thunder blue 87s. They sent me the wrong size. Whoever wants them for retail message me.

I picked up the 87 and I’m amazed at how close they resemble the Air Terra Outback from 1995. Especially the overlays around the laces, details on the midsole, little swooshes, etc.

8CAB2A8D-1D17-4AFD-B578-7930F8D31899.jpeg
86ACC71E-4E83-4563-8338-9D939C7A7870.jpeg

I definitely see the similarity in the lacing system and the overlay that connects the lacing system to the shoe.

Reactions: ARK
Probably been asked before but did they make a black colorway with the pink/blue heel in the flyknits or just the navy ones?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom