Nike REACT ....INSTANT GO

20181211002013_original.jpg

I finally got to try on both the Epic Reacts and React Elements (55) simultaneously, and I found the Elements to be significantly more comfy. They had more of that pillow-esque feeling, which is more ideal for casual wear.

Now, my only concern is the heel cup of the Elements. I’m not sure if I want to get it cut off completely or utilize it for the sole swap...

I’m thinking about getting the Teal/Grape FKR upper onto an Element 55 (White/Volt) sole.

681019FC-45AB-4085-990C-BEAE25CE8701.gif

That’s it, for sure not taking my chances on a US release. Going to try and cop off SNS.

To the 1’s I go :lol:

Unless they’re hiding some major change

I gotta see the inside glued on reinforcements... probably the same, but maybe they changed it up. The inner heel strap is what makes them hard to pull on and I cut it in most of my pairs.

As for the outsole, the rubber is for traction during heel-strike and toe-off. Running on wet surfaces, you can tell those are the two times the shoe wants to wiggle around and break your ankle. During the rest of the stride the REACT has plenty of traction. I prefer the original Epic outsole to the additional rubber coverage of the Odyssey and newer REACT shoes.

I gotta see the inside glued on reinforcements... probably the same, but maybe they changed it up. The inner heel strap is what makes them hard to pull on and I cut it in most of my pairs.

As for the outsole, the rubber is for traction during heel-strike and toe-off. Running on wet surfaces, you can tell those are the two times the shoe wants to wiggle around and break your ankle. During the rest of the stride the REACT has plenty of traction. I prefer the original Epic outsole to the additional rubber coverage of the Odyssey and newer REACT shoes.
Oh yeah for sure. That kinda just seems to be the nature of the shoe. It’s been that way since the lunar epic. Just a slab of the material with flyknit upper.

Still no news on US release for MCs? I’ve read articles and it says Nike.com but NDC is in a lot contries lol

For those who've tried both, which shoes would you prefer in terms of comfort for walking around in all day (ex: Disneyland)? The epic react or react element 87s?

For those who've tried both, which shoes would you prefer in terms of comfort for walking around in all day (ex: Disneyland)? The epic react or react element 87s?

I'd go with the React 87s, they are more flat and comfortable for me. The only thing is they may fog up from alot of walking and sweating.

The reacts have a springy step to them, and they have a sock - like finish so I feel they run a little snug to me

Back
Top Bottom