Nike REACT ....INSTANT GO

its so sad that a shoe that feels as good and performs as well as the epic react, is plagued by such terrible colorways.....
There's always going to be some bad colorways. Different people have different tastes. There's enough that I like though. I'd probably wear half of the ones that have come out.

There's always going to be some bad colorways. Different people have different tastes. There's enough that I like though. I'd probably wear half of the ones that have come out.
Im not saying theyre arent decent or wearable, but nobody would tell you these are HOT must have colors, and on a marquee shoe of the react technology, thats a terrible thing for me to admit. Its either the color blocking is bad or the flyknit fade is bad, or just missed opportunities with colors they should have used and didnt. Colorways on this model overall im giving it a D+ rating. A C tops.

Last edited:
Im not saying theyre arent decent or wearable, but nobody would tell you these are HOT must have colors, and on a marquee shoe of the react technology, thats a terrible thing for me to admit. Its either the color blocking is bad or the flyknit fade is bad, or just missed opportunities with colors they should have used and didnt. Colorways on this model overall im giving it a D+ rating.
I disagree but I respect your opinion.

Im not saying theyre arent decent or wearable, but nobody would tell you these are HOT must have colors, and on a marquee shoe of the react technology, thats a terrible thing for me to admit. Its either the color blocking is bad or the flyknit fade is bad, or just missed opportunities with colors they should have used and didnt. Colorways on this model overall im giving it a D+ rating.
I feel like there are a few good color ways but there all also more that are weak or just lazy plus I saw that a few of the better color ways were only released overseas like multis and that cookies and cream pair. Maybe the bland colors sell better in the states...

I completely agree. The only ones worth purchasing for me were the Taupes from the first gen. However, I’m trying to stock up on the All Whites for future soleswaps!

Just ordered.. :smile:
Screenshot_20190212-175726_Chrome.jpg

Just noticed the ER1 is $95 on Nike.com. I wonder if the price will drop more. Will try to go for the taupe if it does.

I realize most here on NT are not crazy about the Rise, but I just got them in triple black because I think they are the perfect work shoe. I needed something more formal than running shoes, yet my dress shoes are not comfy enough for my business trips which consist of 20-30K steps per day.

Here they are with black jeans, for most work days:

IMG-0174.jpg

And here they are with dress pants for customer meetings:

IMG-0175.jpg

They feel very different than the triple black ER1 that I currently use for casual work. The forefoot is not as tight. The leather reinforcements and midrise upper really lock down the heel. The heel and ankle have so much support they almost feel like hiking boots. They are a bit hotter than the ER1, despite having cooling holes on top of foot.
these pic prove that react should never been worn on casual outfit. To me its only stylish with joggers or short.

Olives in a 12 on that site as well.
I really can’t stop thinking about the diffused taupe! Might actually just bite the bullet and get it off Nike. Gonna wait till after this weekend if I can’t wait anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom