Nike REACT ....INSTANT GO

Really comfy as expected. What I didnt expect is to be 2 inches taller wearing them. :lol:

Id go TTS, def woudnt size down as your toes would poke through the material.

Interesting to hear the upper is stretchy and comfy... the pics make it look stiff and hot, especially with all the layers. And glad to hear they are stealthy elevator shoes - if I get these I will finally be able to say I'm over 6ft tall!

Kind of like.
IMG_20190622_012345.jpg
IMG_20190622_012352.jpg
IMG_20190622_012356.jpg

I really hope those purple / green ones are mens.
Which means they're probably everything but.

X-14 and 87 are tuned for lifestyle epics for running...
Jordan brand is advertising these as for running as well.

The React Havoc is built to support long conditioning runs and traditional sprint training. The distinctive geometry of its midsole, familiar to fans of Nike's React family of running shoes, contains a Nike Zoom Air bag in the forefoot for snappy transitions on the track. The TPU heel cup also provides stability for bigger athletes.

Didn’t see the X-14 on the heel cup at first interesting maybe there is no difference. Epics feel more firm than EXPs and 87s to me and I heard ER2s had a different mix or something...

The React Havoc is built to support long conditioning runs and traditional sprint training. The distinctive geometry of its midsole, familiar to fans of Nike's React family of running shoes, contains a Nike Zoom Air bag in the forefoot for snappy transitions on the track. The TPU heel cup also provides stability for bigger athletes.

That's some impressive tech. I love forefoot Zoom! I'm looking forward to seeing more cws. Otherwise, I already want them as donor soles! lol

Off topic, but, I just ordered a pair of Vom14s. I can't wait to try out the Full Zoom X React tech it has. Other than the VFs, which are A1, the ZF2s have been my favorite shoe to run in.

Last edited:
I’ve seen this a couple other times in here...exactly why I don’t use it when I put them on lol just use my 2 fingers on the back heal and slide my foot in

Sounds like your shoe doesn’t fit well then.

:rofl:

I feel like if your shoe is so tight that the only way to get it on is to pull so hard on the pull tab that it breaks, your shoe probably doesnt fit well. Mine are snug but I have room to slide then in with a finger. Pull tabs are for looks, not function imo.
Maybe for most shoes, but the ER1 is an exception to this rule. The ER1s have a rubber strap on each side of shoe opening that connects the lace reinforcement panels to the heel cup, and this prevents the flyknit from stretching at the opening as you slide your foot into the shoe. If you size up to make the shoe slip on more easily, the shoe is a bit too long and the arch will fall in the wrong place on your foot. Size the shoe correctly, and it is tough to slide your shoe on without using the pull tab.

I noticed the OP's shoe with the broken rear pull tab is an ER1. The ER2 corrected this issue and got rid of the rubber strips, and the foot slides in much easier.

I covered this in one of my earlier ER experiments postings here: Epic REACT Mods and Carbon Fiber experiments

I’ve seen this a couple other times in here...exactly why I don’t use it when I put them on lol just use my 2 fingers on the back heal and slide my foot in

I've had my ER1's for over a year, had the ER2's since February, wear my Phantoms on the regular & this had never happened.

Bottom line, don't handle your pull tabs with Hulk hands.

Maybe for most shoes, but the ER1 is an exception to this rule. The ER1s have a rubber strap on each side of shoe opening that connects the lace reinforcement panels to the heel cup, and this prevents the flyknit from stretching at the opening as you slide your foot into the shoe. If you size up to make the shoe slip on more easily, the shoe is a bit too long and the arch will fall in the wrong place on your foot. Size the shoe correctly, and it is tough to slide your shoe on without using the pull tab.

I noticed the OP's shoe with the broken rear pull tab is an ER1. The ER2 corrected this issue and got rid of the rubber strips, and the foot slides in much easier.

I covered this in one of my earlier ER experiments postings here: Epic REACT Mods and Carbon Fiber experiments
That may be the case for you, but it's not for me. I have several ER1 and ER2 and I slide them on with a finger. Its snug, but I do it.

How does using your finger to slip your foot in means the shoe doesn’t fit well? Isn’t it the same as using the heel tab because you’re just making it wider for you to put on your shoe? Personally I don’t use the heel tab because I think it’s just for aesthetic. Using your finger is like using a shoe horn.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom