Nike REACT ....INSTANT GO

These are my first pair of light colored Flyknit/Primeknit shoes. Any tips for cleaning them and preventing them from looking terrible? (Most of the platinum Vapormaxes and white Ultra Boosts I see do not look good because they're so dirty.) Or should I simply not worry about it and just enjoy the comfort?

These are my first pair of light colored Flyknit/Primeknit shoes. Any tips for cleaning them and preventing them from looking terrible? (Most of the platinum Vapormaxes and white Ultra Boosts I see do not look good because they're so dirty.) Or should I simply not worry about it and just enjoy the comfort?

just spray with a double coating of Crep spray

You just wait until they start playing around with these and doing collabs.
I would rather they not be "THE NEXT BIG THING", and do a bunch of hypebeast collabs so they can go on sale and hit outlets like any other Nike running shoes. I want to be able to buy them easily and cheaply.

I would rather they not be "THE NEXT BIG THING", and do a bunch of hypebeast collabs so they can go on sale and hit outlets like any other Nike running shoes. I want to be able to buy them easily and cheaply.

I don't think that is the thought process at Nike HQ :lol:

You can use a product like reshoevenator or Jason markk. They work pretty well. When all else fails washing machine (I believe cold is the key) and if that fails I’ve got a really good dye kit for ya!

I've used a variety of waterproofing solutions and honestly I'd have to say Liquiproof works the best. The treatment is permanent and doesn't change the texture of the material at all.

I've used a variety of waterproofing solutions and honestly I'd have to say Liquiproof works the best. The treatment is permanent and doesn't change the texture of the material at all.
I gotta try that. Is it just hydrophobic coating like crep protect or something better?

I wash my ultraboosts like i do clothes. Manually scrub them with brushes and soap or just put them to the washer, inside the pillow case, light cycle. Primeknit is thick and durable.

Just completed a little over 5mi with these today

1DD414E9-480F-4352-9520-69A1C1CCFDBA.jpeg

Give my review later today. Have to catch up on some stuff.

Personally I think you guys are looking at it wrong.....

Nike comes out with a new running technology more often then people realize.

So my thought is, it’s just their next running shoe technology. Yes it will probably have hype for a little while, maybe get a Nikelab iteration or some collabs, exclusive CW’s etc. But I would bet these don’t carry hype for nearly as long as Boost did (only using as comparison!) Boost was just huge for adidas because they didn’t have anything else for a long time. Nike has endless models of shoes that still have mass hype. Take a look at all the J’s being released recently. I mean has anyone seen the lineup for air max day this year? You could go on forever.

All we have here is a new running technology.

So my thoughts are these are just running shoes. And this is just a new technology for them. I wouldn’t put them into a category other than what they are and talk about them being super “hyped”.

Eventually they will be sold in insane amounts, oversaturated etc. they will just slow down the process by initially limiting production to build hype, advertise them a ton. But ultimately for Nike this is nothing new for them.
This isn’t their “next big thing”. At all. Imo.

Nah, these are TTS. They're snug with the Flynit, but the length is near perfect TTS. Ran in these on the track. Wasn't impressed. Felt slower than both the Zoom Fly & Vaporfly. React foam feels like Lunarlon+. Was expecting more bounce/energy return, but I'll admit to be an elitist 4% ZoomX snob now even the Zoom Flys are dead to me.
lol

Was gonna wait until next week but couldn’t resist so ordered the black pair. Not gonna be here till Friday though...

I gotta try that. Is it just hydrophobic coating like crep protect or something better?

Yep it's a oleophobic (repels dirt and liquids including oil) technology but just requires a longer curing time (24hrs) for the compound (silicon dioxide) to become essentially "glass" bonded to the fibers of the shoes. A friend recommended it to me last winter and shoes I've treated then are still holding up against water now, highly recommend it.

I'm really curious to try these out on the 22nd. The cynical part of my brain is skeptical as hell when a company like Nike throws that much money into building up hype which feels like what they're doing having a big launch, sending out early pairs and doing a slow rollout. If the tech was really game changing, I would think getting them into public hands would do more by word of mouth alone. Then again, Nike's been on that hype building formula for a while now.

I'm really curious to try these out on the 22nd. The cynical part of my brain is skeptical as hell when a company like Nike throws that much money into building up hype which feels like what they're doing having a big launch, sending out early pairs and doing a slow rollout. If the tech was really game changing, I would think getting them into public hands would do more by word of mouth alone. Then again, Nike's been on that hype building formula for a while now.

huh?

Yep it's a oleophobic (repels dirt and liquids including oil) technology but just requires a longer curing time (24hrs) for the compound (silicon dioxide) to become essentially "glass" bonded to the fibers of the shoes. A friend recommended it to me last winter and shoes I've treated then are still holding up against water now, highly recommend it.
done...love me some oleophobic coating...ive got a pretty gnarly case of oleophobia...this sounds like the cure.

you know there's a thing called marketing, right?

you know there's a thing called marketing, right?
Yup. And their job is to convince consumers that the next shoe is the "one" . I'm not saying they are or are not what Nike says they are. That's why I said I'm curious to try them. I just know that nowadays, hype and scarcity sell just as much if not more than performance, that's all.

so Nike is just supposed to give out mass pairs to the public and let them sell the product for Nike?

Haha... nobody's saying to give anything away.

Make a shoe and sell it, that's all.

so just make a shoe, don't tell anyone it is coming out and expect it to be a hit because by marketing the product it means the tech really isn't that good?

so just make a shoe, don't tell anyone it is coming out and expect it to be a hit because by marketing the product it means the tech really isn't that good?
I don't remember Adidas doing much advertising for ultraboosts. Just a lot of collab.

Nike got their next big thing, slow building like it's Wrestlemania
Oh damn, ok.

Well, I'm happy you're sold on em', I'm sure Nike is too. Personally, unless I'm on the payroll or have an investment, I'm always going to go with what works for me rather than brand loyalty or what marketing sells me. That's just me. Cool, that these work out for you.

Back
Top Bottom