Nike REACT ....INSTANT GO

5E31379A-D912-4E87-8E40-6990AFA24D31.jpeg

70EE70EF-BF57-4C54-BBBE-4DF15DDF0677.jpeg

• Borrows design elements and Nike REACT foam from Nike Running’s Nike React Infinity Run Flyknit for game-changing cushioning and energy return on the golf course

I know, right? I’m thinking of getting the golf shoes, removing the grass spikes,and trying them for running.
I did that before with some golf shoes I liked the look of, but they were only about £40.. Not sure I'd be in a cosy place taking a stanley to a pair of those.. :tongue:

:edit - these.. Explorer 2S.. Really liked the look of them for some reason. I guess Nike do too, cos a lot of the design language on these have made it into other things.
Nike Explorer 2 S Men s Golf Shoe  Nike GB.png

Thought they'd look good with a Spiridon sole, but they could work with some React'ing I guess..

Last edited:
I don’t know...Is there such a thing as having too much cushioning? Full length zoom strobel encapsulated in react with zoom pods underneath? I mean the strobel is kind of overkill when combined with the react...The zoom pods kind of make sense to add a little extra cushion on top of the spikes...The react and strobel almost cancel each other out...

For a running set up? That would be like shoving a bag of marshmallows inside a pair of Bondi’s then going for a run...

I don’t know...Is there such a thing as having too much cushioning? Full length zoom strobel encapsulated in react with zoom pods underneath? I mean the strobel is kind of overkill when combined with the react...The zoom pods kind of make sense to add a little extra cushion on top of the spikes...The react and strobel almost cancel each other out...

For a running set up? That would be like shoving a bag of marshmallows inside a pair of Bondi’s then going for a run...
yeah, maybe the tech level is overkill but they'd probably be super comfy for walking..
Just dial it back a notch (replace the strobel with some lunar?) and they'd be fine. I kinda like the idea of extra boing on the impact points.

It takes 4.5 hours to play a round of golf, and if you're not in a golf cart then you're walking 4+ miles during the round. I agree that the cushioning combo might be a bit overkill but you definitely need some comfortable shoes when golfing.

6E89CBAA-05D5-45C9-9FF4-4CCD0F2C7E59.jpeg
000A456F-1741-4FAB-AA05-59005CE11D30.png

They came in while I was at work this morning, so 4mi NRC run then 1.5mi cool down midday as opposed to my early morning runs. 72°F & light mist.

First takeaways:
-More React & Softer React = Louder React. I’m sure after breaking them in the squishing sound probably dissipates. It almost sounds like a VaporMax when walking around. When running, you can hear it, less muted though.
-At different speeds, heel to toe transition feels good.
-Feels like a closer cousin to the Pegasus Turbo. Has the softer ride but without the somewhat sinking feeling of React + ZoomX.
-Very roomy, hence the stance socks. I have maybe a little more than thumb width’s space from the front of my foot to the tip of the shoe. I may try a 12.5 to see the difference.
-Difference in the new/different flyknit material is negligible, you don’t even really notice it.
-I don’t like the bunching of the flyknit material on the tongue over the top of your foot when tightening/lacing.

Overall, a step up over the Epic React since it has been laid to rest. I guess time will tell if it lives up to the claims of fewer injuries and more runs, etc.

UPDATE: A few days later, I decided to also order 12.5, a half size down from the 13 I originally ordered. A much better fit for me. Returning the 13 to my local outlet tomorrow.

Those are some thick socks for running shoes lol

I only wear the Nike running socks w/ all ERs/runners

when I had to run with stance socks, dead giveaway I needed to go half size down. It wasn’t too bad but the 12.5 is a night and day difference. I used my running socks today and it was smooth sailing. Crazy though, in my VFFK4% and first gen Peg Turbos, 13 was perfect for me.

Back
Top Bottom